[Fire] Inferno Blast Macro

I'm pretty new to mages and at the moment I am using this macro:

#showtooltip
    /stopcasting
    /cast [@focus,exists][@target] Inferno Blast

which works fine until I get a hot streak crit and i'm already halfway through a Fireball cast and hit the macro only to realize Inferno Blast isn't off CD so i've interrupted a cast for no reason and lost dps. My question is can I make a macro to not interrupt casting if the spell isn't off CD or will I have to make a weakaura to track Inferno Blast CD? How do you guys manage it?

you should never stop casting to inferno blast.
    edit: never. never ever ever ever EVER EVER EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

edit 2: when you get a heating up proc and youre in the middle of another fireball, let the fireball finish casting and spam inferno blast, itll hit before the fireball hits and youll get a hotstreak

Really? It doesn't increase dps to stop fireball when you get a hot streak proc to Inferno Blast then Pyro?

You can finish casting the Fireball and queue up the Inferno Blast to hit instantly after and it will preempt the "landing" of the fireball even if the target is right on top of you. As to your actual question, I don't know.

my second edit may have been a bit late, but yeah. what Makuul said.

Well if i'm doing it wrong then I won't need that macro I've always used it so I didn't have to move to stop casting.

i figured about as much ^^ you should notice a decent dps increase if you stop using the macro

Thanks alot for your quick and helpful answers guys.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Really? It doesn't increase dps to stop fireball when you get a hot streak proc to Inferno Blast then Pyro?
    Not only that but when you get the hot streak from inferno blast, you only want to use the !pyro when you get another heating up proc (unless the !pyro is in danger of dropping off), check out the fire mage guide sticky, its a good read

Fireball has a travel time of 0.5 seconds and blizzard made an update stating that the HU proc will last 0.75 seconds after another spell has landed so you can sneak a Inferno blast in with that time

Quote Originally Posted by Delabus View Post
    Fireball has a travel time of 0.5 seconds and blizzard made an update stating that the HU proc will last 0.75 seconds after another spell has landed so you can sneak a Inferno blast in with that time
    While bumping your post count with a load of questionably useful one liners in a load of threads is a noble endeavor, it'd help if the info was accurate.

Fireball, Pyroblast and Frostfire Bolt have a maximum travel time of 0.75 seconds (regardless of the graphic). The travel time can be less if you are nearer the target, but that is what it is capped at. Heating Up removal from a non-crit has a 0.25 second delay built in allowing you to chain cast without having to stop casting and correctly use Inferno Blast, all while being camped right on top of a boss.

I love FB -> Inferno Blast. It's like shatter combos for Fire!