Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New Discovery (at least for me)

So after a week of swearing off the new f2p model I decided that I might have been too harsh in my judgement and relogged today. The game was about as clunky as I remembered from my last experience but I was determined to look past all the known (to me) restrictions of f2p and try to enjoy the game I bought last year with such excitement but then it happened...I discovered after turning in a long and winding quest that involved lots of running around and killing mobs that once I turned it in I was limited in my reward options.

WTF?

what quest was it? did you do it on another character before and get more choices? cause like, not all quests give multiple options on rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    what quest was it? did you do it on another character before and get more choices? cause like, not all quests give multiple options on rewards.
    A heroic 4 man on Voss. I forget the name.

i'd say it was just a one reward quest. i haven't seen anything about limited quest rewards, but... they did go pretty far already, i honestly wouldn't put it past them.

Deleted
    Non-subscribers get reduced, and in some cases no, quest rewards. It's on the F2P list

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Telila View Post
    Non-subscribers get reduced, and in some cases no, quest rewards. It's on the F2P list
    This is correct. One of the many things that make no sense to restrict. You should probably check out the thread about conversion and the one I created for returning and new F2P players. It has some links and useful information.

Unfortunately there are so many restrictions it's hard for us to keep up/put them all in one place. The company can't even communicate clearly on their own restrictions...so...yeah. Sorry.

Just hearsay, but I've heard something like this too.

Someone on Hutta the other night was complaining that after turning in a quest there was a message saying he couldn't get one of the rewards unless he subscribed. I think it was one of the XP boosts they added in to the low-level rewards? Maybe? Sorry, my memory of it is a little fuzzy. Plus an argument got started with that guy and someone else and I kinda tuned out at that point :3
    Last edited by sarahfireworks; 2012-11-27 at 09:35 PM. Reason: spelling stuffs

wow.... seriously... i'm really losing respect for this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    wow.... seriously... i'm really losing respect for this game.
    Company*
    You should be losing respect for Bioware, and what EA did to that once amazing company.
    I really hope that guy who sold Bioware to EA dies of a painful health problem, he and others like him helped destroy gaming.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    Company*
    You should be losing respect for Bioware, and what EA did to that once amazing company.
    I really hope that guy who sold Bioware to EA dies of a painful health problem, he and others like him helped destroy gaming.
    Bioware destroyed themselves you can't blame EA on how Bioware has been trending because it's their design and their choices. Pretty soon like Origin everyone will be fired and they will just use the Bioware name for some other brand. Except Bioware deserves it. Just see a Stanley Woo post and its all to clear as to why

You make Bioware out to be a Saint. Bottom line they made games to make money. The Neverwinter Nights remake they made when Atari bought the rights from AOL, Jade Empire, Knights of the Old Republic, Mass Effect, Dragon Age those were all games they made to cater to the customers.

Now when EA got full control they gave Bioware amazing freedom to where they no longer had to answer to the customers since the customers were not paying for their work it was EA.

Dragon Age 2, Mass Effect 3 and The Old Republic are just examples of these failures when Bioware choose not to think about money but forcing their crappy beliefs on everyone.

Command and Conquer was the first major EA title EA gave to Bioware to do with what they wanted. After Bioware choose forced gay options to were you got red points if you were not gay and other unpopular features (And Staff like Hepler and Stanley Woo) Command and conquer was sort of taken away from Bioware. It's not under a renamed gaming studio Victory Games lol

*EDIT

Btw if you want to blame someone for selling Bioware to EA blame U2 and Bono. Bono owned Pandemic Games which had the controlling stake in Bioware when they bought Bioware. Pandemic Games wished to sell to EA and of course they were the first to go.

So blame that evil man U2 Bono
    Last edited by HisShadowX; 2012-11-27 at 09:52 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HisShadowX View Post
    Bioware destroyed themselves you can't blame EA on how Bioware has been trending because it's their design and their choices. Pretty soon like Origin everyone will be fired and they will just use the Bioware name for some other brand. Except Bioware deserves it. Just see a Stanley Woo post and its all to clear as to why
    I laugh at your ignorance regarding how games are managed. I don't deny they had a part to play, but if you think they are free to just make their own decisions I have a horse to sell you.

Quote Originally Posted by HisShadowX View Post
    Btw if you want to blame someone for selling Bioware to EA blame U2 and Bono. Bono owned Pandemic Games which had the controlling stake in Bioware when they bought Bioware. Pandemic Games wished to sell to EA and of course they were the first to go.

So blame that evil man U2 Bono
    So to fact check you here, it was actualy owned by Elevation Partners...which is the investment group he has a partial controlling stake in. What you fail to mention, in order to make a sensational statement, is that another equally controlling member and the COFOUNDER at the time was John Riccitiello...who we all know was the former EA CEO and back to being current CEO.

If you think Bono had anything to do with it, then yeah...I have another horse to sell you.

That damn bono and his damn U2 band with his vertigo and giving himself away.

Fascist.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm a subscriber, so this has zero effect on me.

But these restrictions seem really absurd.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

I'm a little torn on that particular example. I know why they don't want to give out Minor XP Boost rewards to 15 minute old Freeps. But I wish they wouldn't show the masked-off reward icon - nobody's going to sub that fast, and it just looks desperate.

They should give a substitute reward for Freeps and Prefs - a buff or something.

Still experimenting...

10+ Year Old Account
    In my experience a level 19-14-12 and 8, the only restricted rewards are the random reward boxes that give you a random green/blue etc. The funny thing is, they dont restrict xp potions as rewards.

Actually I remembered wrong, I just started a freep BH to check and you DO get the XP Boost from your early class mission; it's the Credit Boxes that are masked off. So yeah, it's stupid.

Still experimenting...

Deleted
    Pay the sub = no problems.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Profyrion View Post
    I'm a subscriber, so this has zero effect on me.

But these restrictions seem really absurd.
    Is has plentiful effect on you when you are alone in a desert of a game with the odd subscriber here and there.

Deleted
    Oh SWTOR, I was so excited when I pre-ordered and got in there. Got 2 characters to 50 and was ready for some serious play. Figured ability delay and general combat issues would get ironed out, figured FPS would improve when my new PC arrived. Yeah no. Nothing like that.

Ability delay is still there.

This alone kills the game for me. Call me shallow but in 2012 I'd like to be able to push a button and get my character to perform the action linked to it. You know, like every game has been doing since ever.

Also, Bioware doesn't exist any more. At least, not as a studio. It's now just one of EA's many faces.

NOTE: I tried the F2P. 3 warzones weekly? I love Star Wars. I mean, I really love Star Wars. But this game is something only a gamer that doesn't know MMOs could love.

10+ Year Old Account
    All I know is I want to punch John Riccitiello in the face.