Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with owning a gun, or even being a gun enthusiast, but if you store them outside a safe you're definitely not a responsible gunowner and thus part of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Guns don't kill people, rappers do, I saw it on a documentary on BBC 2.
    GLC <3

[/COLOR] i can fire a semi auto faster than full with no mods needed and its 100% legal point is you can argue semantics all you want the gun he used is made to kill people it wasnt made for hunting or target practice it was made to KILL people...if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck and walks like a duck it must be a duck

here you go no modes semi auto firing faster than fully auto
    No you CANT fire a semi auto faster then full auto. The time difference is how fast you can pull your finger once * 10, verses once and fire 10 rounds at full auto.
    If your comparing two different guns, one semi the other full, then the test is completely invalid. It must be the same gun with both semi and full variants. Your semi auto fire rate is still how fast you can pull your finger..... full auto is how fast you can chamber a round.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Its not extremely low, where the hell are you getting that from, its extremely high when you look at statistics, I shouldnt really need to explain the difference between cars and gun deaths, I mean its clear they have no relevance to each other when compared statistically.

This is what I dont understand about a lot of the posters on these forums, why do you think that terrorists are coming to shoot you in your houses, America has NEVER had a threat on their soil, you bring the threat to yourselves forcefully so its no surprise a few scumbag bombers get through the woodwork, but other than that no one is coming to get you, its just unnecessary paranoia you have.
    11,000 people die annually from gun murders in the USA, most of which are criminals killing other criminals. Out of 310 million people that is objectively small. More people die from alcohol and the total murder rater per 100,000 people in USA is only 3 more people than your country iirc. Your routine hatred and demagoguery of Americans surely cannot blind you to the reality of the situation. One of the reasons I like it here, better than my home country, is because of the free gun laws to protect yourself. power is not monopolized.

I also find it hypocritical that you always pop up to insult them yet you likely enjoy many aspects of their culture and entertainment. I am not even a native American citizen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tombstoner139 View Post

please stop defending guns... your making us look bad
    You're the one who intentionally ignored the point of my post and instead chose to pick apart the wording. Nobody is making you look bad but yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Horrible music, but it's a rifle.
    Holy crap, I can't believe the camera man was actually in that room. I would shit my pants with that many people unable to control the recoil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Arent you airforce? Why would you need a rifle to fight americas enemies? You are issued one.
    They don't let me take it home with me >.>

---------- Post added 2012-11-27 at 10:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    This is what I dont understand about a lot of the posters on these forums, why do you think that terrorists are coming to shoot you in your houses, America has NEVER had a threat on their soil, you bring the threat to yourselves forcefully so its no surprise a few scumbag bombers get through the woodwork, but other than that no one is coming to get you, its just unnecessary paranoia you have.
    Things change. We cannot know what new threats the future will bring.

"Hello, I'm a retard."

how i read the thread title.

Infracted.

No need to post this, just keep it for yourself.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2012-11-27 at 10:36 PM.

I'm not sure why conservatives are even talking about this. I'm hard left and I own a gun. No one is trying to take away your guns, find something else to whine about.

Quote Originally Posted by tombstoner139 View Post
    No you CANT fire a semi auto faster then full auto. The time difference is how fast you can pull your finger once * 10, verses once and fire 10 rounds at full auto.
    If your comparing two different guns, one semi the other full, then the test is completely invalid. It must be the same gun with both semi and full variants. Your semi auto fire rate is still how fast you can pull your finger..... full auto is how fast you can chamber a round.
    you do know that when you pull the trigger once on full auto that 10 bullets don't come out at the same time all in less than a second? and like i said using the bumpfire technique you can pull the trigger as fast as it takes it to fire and chamber the next round to be fired a semi automatic rifle is just as deadly as a fully automatic rifle and its actually more accurate
    Last edited by Skandulous; 2012-11-27 at 10:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dantian View Post
    I'm not sure why conservatives are even talking about this. I'm hard left and I own a gun. No one is trying to take away your guns, find something else to whine about.
    There's actually a lot of people trying to take my guns away. They aren't people with power, but that's why we care: we're making sure they never rise to power.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    They don't let me take it home with me >.>

---------- Post added 2012-11-27 at 10:27 PM ----------

Things change. We cannot know what new threats the future will bring.
    If the shit hits the fan you would be heading towards the nearest military base, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    If the shit hits the fan you would be heading towards the nearest military base, right?
    Better to be over-prepared than under-prepared.

But more than that, I've accepted the fact that the government itself may someday become the enemy.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    semi auto gun here not full auto being bump fired which u use the recoil to fire the weapon faster than a full auto gun. Yes you guys are Technically right as technically it is not True Assault rifle because it isnt fully auto but i can be made fully auto very easily and you can shoot it as fast as fully auto with trigger mods and technique. So an Assault rifle is fully auto and the same exact gun but semi auto isnt is like saying a Porsche with a manual tranny isnt a Porsche if it has a automatic tranny guess what its still a Porsche and by definition it isnt an assault rifle but it still basically is its made to kill people
    im well aware of what bump firing is, ive done it before to see how my pistol would react to it. the problem with bumpfiring is you arent pulling the trigger each time the firearm goes off. therefore still negating your claim you can empty a semi automatic firearm just as fast as someone with a full auto firearm.

also i will disagree that a bump fired firearm's rate of fire is any greater than the said firearm being fired in the correct full auto form. there are inconsistencies with bump firing

10+ Year Old Account

But more than that, I've accepted the fact that the government itself may someday become the enemy.

No one is threatening to take my guns away.

But then I dont advertise my gun collection on the internets.
    I also dont advertise my paranoia on the internets.

I hate to be the one to break it to you, but should push come to shove the military would crush any rebellion effortlessly. Tanks and drones beat well-armed civilians.

Deleted

What job do you do in the airforce by the way? Last time you mentioned your job you were working in the cafeteria.

I hate to be the one to break it to you, but should push come to shove the military would crush any rebellion effortlessly. Tanks and drones beat well-armed civilians.
    The military would be severely crippled by its personnel refusing to use such force on its own civilians. :-)

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    i can fire a semi auto faster than full with no mods needed and its 100% legal point is you can argue semantics all you want the gun he used is made to kill people it wasnt made for hunting or target practice it was made to KILL people...if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck and walks like a duck it must be a duck

here you go no modes semi auto firing faster than fully auto
    i dont think you are really grasping the concept of full auto vs. semi auto. just because you bump fire a weapon it does not mean its rate of fire is any higher than the same firearm being shot in a full auto selection

10+ Year Old Account
    Afghanistan.
    France.
    Hungary.
    Vietnam.
    Chechnya.
    Afghanistan.
    Iraq.
    Afghanistan.
    Libya.
    Syria.

Deleted
    Afghanistan.
    France.
    Hungary.
    Vietnam.
    Chechnya.
    Afghanistan.
    Iraq.
    Afghanistan.
    Libya.
    Syria.
    None of those countries had drones or modern tanks in their regular armies. You also mentioned Afghanistan 3 times.