Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't read the whole thread but I think the problem is that people like to put everyone into a single bucket. Not all gun owners are crazy. Not all gun owners are responsible. Not all gun owners are sane. Not all gun owners are going to kill people.

Even in my own social circle there is an amazing difference.

Exhibit A: Friend is an avid hunter. Owns more guns than anyone else I know...probably combined. Also has a sidearm for personal protection. He keeps his guns and ammunition is a gun safe. Would never ever pull his weapon except in defense of his life or family. Would attempt to dissuade and wound rather than kill if threatened and had the ability to choose. Very responsible gun owner who is aware of the ramifications of taking another life and doesn't want that on his conscience.

Exhibit B: Friend noted that someone had their Romney/Ryan sign stolen off their lawn. She said she would shoot that person. When pressed and questioned about it she felt fully justified to shoot anyone who came onto her property uninvited or who stole anything of hers, even if it was low value, and even if it did not represent a threat to her. She did not think that there was any problem taking another person's life over a $2 sign.

These are two different people's attitudes towards guns. One is clearly a responsible, mature gun owner. The other...well...I'll leave it up to interpretation, but suffice it to say that is part of the bad rap some gun owners get.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

10+ Year Old Account
    ive always been a fan of having 2 giant dogs that bark at everything that walks past our house instead of a gun. all of my neighbors houses probably seem much easier to break into. i also have the added benefit of knowing when the mail comes because they do the weirdest bark at him and only him.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally possess an AR-15 that my father gave me, and a Taurus 9mm that my grandfather left me. I keep both in a locked safe, and I keep the ammunition in a couple of metal ammunition boxes left over from the Gulf War.

My firearms are only for the purpose of defending against America's enemies. For home defense, I prefer one of my various knives. I also have a bardiche. That's mostly for show, but if shit gets really serious, I do know how to fight with it.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a gun owner and have been for almost two decades now and ex-military before that and I think most of the gun ownership laws and restrictions are completely retarded.

Handguns- They are poor for home defense compared to a shotgun and actually do not have a shorter body-to-barrel like many believe (handgun extended out form the body has a similar distance as a home defense shotgun held at the shoulder). Handguns are a quick deployable and easily concealed weapon which is great for police but it also makes it the weapon of choice in most criminal activities.

If just handguns were removed then firearms wouldn't even be the most common weapon for murders in the US...that would belong to knives. That's right, shotguns and rifles are used less in murders than knives are. But as it stands right now they are all a distant second to the handgun. Seems pretty clear to me where the problem lies.

Assault Rifles- They serve no practical use and depending on the state and the caliber you can't even hunt with them. They are designed with no other intention other than to kill another human being and any other devise with the same design is illegal for civilians to own.

I wont back any pro-gun organization till these issues are addressed.
    Last edited by Rooflesstoofless; 2012-11-27 at 09:38 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    I personally possess an AR-15 that my father gave me, and a Taurus 9mm that my grandfather left me. I keep both in a locked safe, and I keep the ammunition in a couple of metal ammunition boxes left over from the Gulf War.

My firearms are only for the purpose of defending against America's enemies. For home defense, I prefer one of my various knives. I also have a bardiche. That's mostly for show, but if shit gets really serious, I do know how to fight with it.
    Arent you airforce? Why would you need a rifle to fight americas enemies? You are issued one.

Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    im in no way trying to start a pissing match but i will fully disagree with your opinion that you can pull a trigger and fire a semi automatic rifle as fast as someone can unload a clip in a fully automatic one.

also the ar that holmes used was not a select fire rifle, which is one of the criteria required for it to be considered an assault weapon.
    semi auto gun here not full auto being bump fired which u use the recoil to fire the weapon faster than a full auto gun. Yes you guys are Technically right as technically it is not True Assault rifle because it isnt fully auto but i can be made fully auto very easily and you can shoot it as fast as fully auto with trigger mods and technique. So an Assault rifle is fully auto and the same exact gun but semi auto isnt is like saying a Porsche with a manual tranny isnt a Porsche if it has a automatic tranny guess what its still a Porsche and by definition it isnt an assault rifle but it still basically is its made to kill people

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    Assault Rifles- They serve no practical use and depending on the state and the caliber you can't even hunt with them. They are designed with no other intention other than to kill another human being and any other devise with the same design is illegal for civilians to own.

I wont back any pro-gun organization till these issues are addressed.
    I'll solve this issue for you right now.

No crime is ever committed with a rifle. Go ahead, try to find some. You'll find maybe 1 in the last 10 years. Crimes are exclusively committed with handguns. Now, handguns are worthless against armored targets. Rifles, however, are needed for defense against an invasion or to stage a rebellion. Therefore, people with rifles are no threat to the public, but a great asset to the nation.

10+ Year Old Account

/brofist
    /chestbump

Deleted

No crime is ever committed with a rifle. Go ahead, try to find some. You'll find maybe 1 in the last 10 years. Crimes are exclusively committed with handguns. Now, handguns are worthless against armored targets. Rifles, however, are needed for defense against an invasion or to stage a rebellion. Therefore, people with rifles are no threat to the public, but a great asset to the nation.
    eh? James Holmes is the latest one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    eh? James Holmes is the latest one.
    I think what was meant are "mainstream" crimes, like robberies, and so on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkis View Post
    I think what was meant are "mainstream" crimes, like robberies, and so on.
    If that is the case, I agree with him. There is little reason for the average citizen to own a handgun, Shotguns and Rifles can do most of what a handgun can do without the concealability criminals needs.

Deleted
    seriously to most of the EU countries the republican part of the USA(that would include the majority of the gun owners,not stereotype just statistics) you're alien species.

you say that everyone rages against gun owners for a few lunatics who went killing spree on public,if the guns weren't so easy to acquire they might have never gotten them

you say it's your responsibility to protect your home? i say it's not a responsible attitude to keep lethal weponry at your house,accidents happen,misunderstanding too

and who the fuck do you think you are John Rambo? you watch too many cop movies i'd say...if a gang of armed burglars invade your house there's absolutely nothing you can do, if a single armed burglar invades your house you're playing your life at a coin flip and for what? your money? your TV? your wife's jewlery? they're all replaceable,except the people in the house,let the police do it's job,trust me they;re much better on the shooting department than any of us.

and most importantly: if you have the right to arm yourself so does everyone else,do you really trust everyone out there with a gun?

i don't know anyone who has ever owned a gun(except a police officer friend of mine),nothing has ever happened to us,what are you afraid of? why are you so scared?

ps:if someone does invade my house,well he can just have the 200E i have on my shelf and whatever else he can carry, i don't give a shit+i'm quite confident that he will get caught in a couple of weeks top.and if you think that someone will invade in a house with the sole purpose of killing/raping/torturing...well you watch too much tv...

Quote Originally Posted by vassilisz View Post
    seriously to most of the EU countries the republican part of the USA(that would include the majority of the gun owners,not stereotype just statistics) you're alien species.

you say that everyone rages against gun owners for a few lunatics who went killing spree on public,if the guns weren't so easy to acquire they might have never gotten them

you say it's your responsibility to protect your home? i say it's not a responsible attitude to keep lethal weponry at your house,accidents happen,misunderstanding too

and who the fuck do you think you are John Rambo? you watch too many cop movies i'd say...if a gang of armed burglars invade your house there's absolutely nothing you can do, if a single armed burglar invades your house you're playing your life at a coin flip and for what? your money? your TV? your wife's jewlery? they're all replaceable,except the people in the house,let the police do it's job,trust me they;re much better on the shooting department than any of us.

and most importantly: if you have the right to arm yourself so does everyone else,do you really trust everyone out there with a gun?

i don't know anyone who has ever owned a gun(except a police officer friend of mine),nothing has ever happened to us,what are you afraid of? why are you so scared?

ps:if someone does invade my house,well he can just have the 200E i have on my shelf and whatever else he can carry, i don't give a shit+i'm quite confident that he will get caught in a couple of weeks top.and if you think that someone will invade in a house with the sole purpose of killing/raping/torturing...well you watch too much tv...
    those rose colored glasses you have are beautiful but you should really take them off and why hasnt anyone responded after i showed them you can fire a semi auto faster than full auto when they told me i was crazy and a flat out liar lol

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    I both agree and disagree with your point of view. I believe that the necessity for guns is bad. I do not believe a gun itself is anymore or less bad than a car. Although, statistics and the planet might side against the car.
    I can't argue with this, sadly the earth could use some more gun related deaths but only if this would reduce the world population by 2/3 :/

(I am against genocide btw, before someone takes this to serious)
    ∞=0
    0/2 = 0 , ∞/2 = ∞
    2/0 = error , 2/∞ = error
    0*2 = 0 , ∞*2 = ∞

10+ Year Old Account

Horrible music, but it's a rifle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    those rose colored glasses you have are beautiful but you should really take them off and why hasnt anyone responded after i showed them you can fire a semi auto faster than full auto when they told me i was crazy and a flat out liar lol
    So illegally modifying a weapon makes it a legit assault rifle? James holes' rifle jammed, did you also know that? Sure was an awesome job he did.....

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Horrible music, but it's a rifle.
    omg im laughing so hard

---------- Post added 2012-11-27 at 05:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    So illegally modifying a weapon makes it a legit assault rifle? James holes' rifle jammed, did you also know that? Sure was an awesome job he did.....
    i can fire a semi auto faster than full with no mods needed and its 100% legal point is you can argue semantics all you want the gun he used is made to kill people it wasnt made for hunting or target practice it was made to KILL people...if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck and walks like a duck it must be a duck

here you go no modes semi auto firing faster than fully auto
    Last edited by Skandulous; 2012-11-27 at 10:09 PM.

1)No crime is ever committed with a rifle. Go ahead, try to find some.

2)You'll find maybe 1 in the last 10 years.

3)Crimes are exclusively committed with handguns.

4)Therefore, people with rifles are no threat to the public, but a great asset to the nation.

1) Lee Harvey Oswald -----> JFK
    2) yes it was a long time ago others do exist.... 2 teens killed on thanksgiving ar-14 used.... also a rifle
    3) Nope, people use knives, axes, and lots of others items like drug trafficking.
    4) Denver cinema killings....Washington d.c sniper killings, US solder in Afghanistan used us issue assault rifle for killing afghan civilians.

please stop defending guns... your making us look bad

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    Quote Originally Posted by Whidbey View Post
    Right to bear arms in time of Militia.. as in When we have no standing army or police force enacted.
    We have those in place to protect our nation and homes there fore the amendment is irrelevant...
    Tired of gun owners quoting an out of date amendment to claim it's a right. Gun ownership is a privilege.
    Uh this is just hilarious, I don't even really know where to start.

Since I am feeling nice I will point you to some things you can read to enlighten you. On the rights front, you might want to start with Heller and McDonald to see two standing cases in which SCOTUS laid this question to rest. To summarize, 2nd protects an individual right to bear arms and this right is incorporated (ie it also applies to states)

PS: Could you show me the section of the US constitution that deals with an amendment going out of date in other way than a new amendment? I would love to see your sources.
    Last edited by Zoranon; 2012-11-27 at 10:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

Guns don't kill people, rappers do, I saw it on a documentary on BBC 2.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4