Is it just me? monk pvp

ok..i just started pvping on a fresh 90 monk. i understand imma get my ass handed to me my everything under the sun..but im a little conserned about rising sun kick.. pve it will hit for 120-140k maybe more...in pvp with 14% pvp power currently..it might crit for 40k...with no resil it might crit for 40k...this would bt on a unbuffed cloth wearer...am i doing something wrong? im about tired of this class and im thinking scrap it.
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

Even on targets with 'no resil' they have 40% resilience base. Everyone does. So they still have 26% damage reduction. Armor for cloth wearers is still around 20ish% if I recall, and then they've got whatever passives they have that reduce damage they take.

It's normal to see that much damage reduction. It's not a monk only problem. I'll see 200ks in pve, and I need the pvp trinket passive proc, on use, GoAK at 20 stacks, AW, HA, and skull banner for me to hit for 100k on a player, along with them to not be gemmed for resilience and have no damage reduction cds up.

seen my rising sun kick crit for over 300k in LFR and from 60k to 90k on players. when the chaosbolt nerfs hit, it won't seem that bad, consider it has no cast time, you just have to be in mele range, and kick again before the debuff wears off (numbers are with 10 stacks ofc)

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen WW do some awesome things. Can be very mobile and a warlock portal?!

If I had a 90 monk, I'd play it in pvp
    Guatama - Enhancement
    Slowbrah - Retribution/Holy
    Jamespage - Demonology PVP
    Evocati (H - Zul'jin) is recruiting for 25 man.
    Visit our website to apply.

Deleted
    Seen rising sun kick hit for 130k on a geared warlock i play with, might been with cooldowns but it gets better.

Deleted
    Monks are currently jacks of all trades, masters of none. They don't have good survivability, good burst or good utility. There is absolutely nothing they do that another class can't do better. There is no reason to bring a monk into an arena team over other classes, unless you don't have a choice.

Monks need serious buffs to make them attractive for arena comps, you know the kind of pvp that matters when it comes to balancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    It gets better. My RSK usually crits for 60-80k depending on target and if I have 30% arp buff active. I once hit a gnome warlock for 180k (he was in pve gear) with my CDs up

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaga View Post
    Monks are currently jacks of all trades, masters of none. They don't have good survivability, good burst or good utility. There is absolutely nothing they do that another class can't do better. There is no reason to bring a monk into an arena team over other classes, unless you don't have a choice.

Monks need serious buffs to make them attractive for arena comps, you know the kind of pvp that matters when it comes to balancing.
    ^ This.

I was doing 3's with an arms warrior and frost dk last night (We've all been at least 2k and we RBG together) on my Mistweaver (Who is my main), And it's just crazy how non-viable monks are in arena. I was instantly focused, and once my trinket was gone, I was pretty much screwed. I mean, we've seen the stats from many thread on how monks are the lowest represented class in arena 3's, supposedly the mosted "Balanced" of the PvP world; whatever that word means now; w/e "Working as intended". While I'm not a Glad by any means, I'm still a decent player topping out over 2100 in 3's. And with the mana cost of spells increased, I'm afraid mistweaving just became far more difficult to not oom, which is really hard. And as for WW, it's fine as long as you have 2 other people willing to carry you; unfortunately like the above statement, monks are just too gimped to be a real choice for serious PvP or high ratings.

Before people rage me on "NOT TRU! DERE'Z MONKS AT 2.2K PLUZ!!!!" notice a couple things: How many wins / losses do they have (Win carried)?, who are they playing with (Carried)? If neither of those are present, and they actually played to 2.2k+ then are they previous glads? Perhaps 2.4k+ Exp players? So that means that they would be playing with the same EXP players. So basically they were carried. The top MW on my battlegroup for RBG has 3 wins-0 losses and is sitting at over 2800+. Carried / win carried.

If you aren't seeing your RSK hit that hard, you're just lacking a decent amount of PvP power / crit. Even then, it still isn't going to hit as hard as a chaos bolt / Hero strike / Ravage / Frost bomb. I suggest that you make sure that all your gear has crit on it, and gem for almost pure PvP power once you're geared. Make a 1-shot macro that pops all your CDs and you'll see that RSK hit for a good amount. Not a god-mode amount, but it'll be decent.

Monks are so Trinket relient that it's just silly. No cc breaks except for snaring (Whenever roll is up), and freedom (If you spec Tiger's lust), and your trinket. So basically your up-time on a target is more gimped than warriors used to complain about which makes stacking 3 tiger palms into RSK into FoF a very, VERY difficult task.

All your burst is going to come from 3 Tiger palm stacks + offensive CD stacking + TE brew + Xuen + RSK and hoping that you can get the FoF in. Other than that, you're pretty much just a free kill or moving target for almost all classes.

Hopefully next season monks will actually be more viable. I say don't quit your monk though. They're far more fun to play than any other class, and while they aren't "GOD-MODE-WARRIOR-SMASH-YOUR-FACE-IN-ONE-GLOBAL!" they're still going to annoy someone you're attacking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another thing to consider is that since the class is so new, there's a good chance people can't play it to its full potential.
    Guatama - Enhancement
    Slowbrah - Retribution/Holy
    Jamespage - Demonology PVP
    Evocati (H - Zul'jin) is recruiting for 25 man.
    Visit our website to apply.