Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

When I was 14 I was playing video games. This kid is solving world problems.

Seriously what the hell.

This kid is practically qualified for a BS in materials science.

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Seriously what the hell.

Good for her. She probably has a high IQ. Let's hope she uses it properly in the future.

PS: What's with the title? You want to make people feel like shit because they haven't solved world hunger when they entered their teens?

Deleted
    Seriously what the hell.

Wish she could stop those arm movements though, hah.
    Otherwise, pretty cool indeed.

Deleted
    I'd rather play vidya games :\

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Good for her. She probably has a high IQ. Let's hope she uses it properly in the future.

PS: What's with the title? You want to make people feel like shit because they haven't solved world hunger when they entered their teens?
    Tell me this kid doesn't make you feel like you've been slacking.

Deleted
    I feel sorry for her, fancy not having any friends at all at her age. All the kids her age are dumb fucks to her, she cannot relate at all. Everyone with the same level of qualifications are 10+ years older than her and dont want to hang around with a kid. She will have problems later in life I am sure, she has my sympathies.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    I feel sorry for her, fancy not having any friends at all at her age. All the kids her age are dumb fucks to her, she cannot relate at all. Everyone with the same level of qualifications are 10+ years older than her and dont want to hang around with a kid. She will have problems later in life I am sure, she has my sympathies.
    This kid's future is completely set. With the money she'll be making by the time she graduates college she'll be able to buy friends.

Deleted
    This kid's future is completely set. With the money she'll be making by the time she graduates college she'll be able to buy friends.
    Sure, she will have a rewarding career, but not a childhood. Michael Jackson springs to mind here.

Sure, she will have a rewarding career, but not a childhood. Michael Jackson springs to mind here.
    I think most people feel the same way as her when they do LFR, you get used to having people around you who seem like retards.

OT Good for her that she's doing something useful with her life.

Except judging by her enthusiasm it seems to me that she's doing it because she wants to and not because she's being pushed into it by her father. Michael Jackson springs to mind.

And buying friends is what? Positive in your opinion? People, get away from "being rich equals a fulfilled life". Why do you talk about stuff like this at all in this regard. She had some amazing test results and seems to really be on to something, why talk about her private life and how much money she will make?

I am quite positive that she has more in mind than mere profit. The search for profit at every corner has taken disgusting forms. And it probably even debases this girl's achievement. She found a way to clean polluted water, because she saw how people got sick and suffered. She got her motivation from within. And you talk about money, career and buying friends. Don't you think that this is quite pathetic in relation to what she actually has accomplished?

Quote Originally Posted by JayJay09 View Post
    And buying friends is what? Positive in your opinion? People, get away from "being rich equals a fulfilled life". Why do you talk about stuff like this at all in this regard. She had some amazing test results and seems to really be on to something, why talk about her private life and how much money she will make?

I am quite positive that she has more in mind than mere profit. The search for profit at every corner has taken disgusting forms. And it probably even debases this girl's achievement. She found a way to clean polluted water, because she saw how people got sick and suffered. She got her motivation from within. And you talk about money, career and buying friends. Don't you think that this is quite pathetic in relation to what she actually has accomplished?
    Oh get off your fuckin high horse.

All of business revolves around solving a problem and getting paid to do it. Her future is set. There's nothing to feel sorry for her about. She'll make friends in college like anybody else.

10+ Year Old Account
    So yeah, she's smart, and assuming she doesn't screw it all up she has a bright professional future ahead of her.

I don't think any of us are in any position to judge how her personal life will be. I know some very intelligent people who are also socially adept. They have no issues making friends and can "tone it down" to avoid coming across as pretentious or elitist or whatever.

I also know some folks who are brilliant and have absolutely no social skills. Real life Big Bang Theory personality. Their personal lives tend to be a bit more lonely.

Seems to be far more productive to applaud her for her intelligence and hope she goes on to do great things rather than muse about what her personal life may or may not be like.

---------- Post added 2012-11-27 at 04:12 PM ----------

I think you don't realize how you came across with the "buying friends" comment. That made me raise an eyebrow as well and it has nothing to do with what altitude my equine is at. lol.

EDIT -- also, I wouldn't leap to the assumption she will be loaded. She may go the non-profit route.
    Last edited by Lenonis; 2012-11-27 at 10:13 PM.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

All of business revolves around solving a problem and getting paid to do it. Her future is set. There's nothing to feel sorry for her about. She'll make friends in college like anybody else.
    You were the one talking about "buying friends". Btw.: The urge to solve a problem leads to business, not the other way around. Historically at least. Currently, people rather look for "is there profit somewhere?" than to actually value the product. How many diseases are kept alive out of profit reasons, I wonder? The pharmaceutical industry values selling over healing, for those who haven't noticed yet.

I found it just pathetic that the talk about money got big rather than her actual result which might help millions of people.

O tempora, o mores....

You were the one talking about "buying friends". Btw.: The urge to solve a problem leads to business, not the other way around. Historically at least. Currently, people rather look for "is there profit somewhere?" than to actually value the product. How many diseases are kept alive out of profit reasons, I wonder? The pharmaceutical industry values selling over healing, for those who haven't noticed yet.

I found it just pathetic that the talk about money got big rather than her actual result which might help millions of people.

O tempora, o mores....
    There are no diseases kept alive out of desire to sell drugs.

Deleted
    These kinds of people often end up to do something underwhelming in comparison to their potential, same as most others.

10+ Year Old Account
    I managed to slack-off for the 1st 24 years of my life, and still pull off a successful and satisfying career.

All that partying was priceless to me. So who's the smart one now?

There are no diseases kept alive out of desire to sell drugs.
    It seems pointless to discuss with you. And now you talk about drugs o_O... If you don't think that "profiteering" has become the core of making business then I am sorry. And sadly, the human health is nothing but a business for most people (pharmaceutical industry). Therefore I am happy that this little girl puts her intelligence into something that actually aims to solve problems and doesn't try to maintain a status quo out of "cheap labourer" reasons or whatever.

Deleted

College at 15? Sure she will get along great with everyone else in their 20's.....

It seems pointless to discuss with you. And now you talk about drugs o_O... If you don't think that "profiteering" has become the core of making business then I am sorry. And sadly, the human health is nothing but a business for most people (pharmaceutical industry). Therefore I am happy that this little girl puts her intelligence into something that actually aims to solve problems and doesn't try to maintain a status quo out of "cheap labourer" reasons or whatever.
    Yeah... name one disease that makes more money for a drug company to treat rather than cure.

---------- Post added 2012-11-27 at 10:40 PM ----------

College at 15? Sure she will get along great with everyone else in their 20's.....
    She probably won't go to college when she's 15. Chances are good she's just an above-average intelligent girl with big ideas and a strong will to get things done.

I'm sure she'll go to college at a perfectly normal age.