View Poll Results: Would you play a child of Azeroth?

Voters
121. This poll is closed
  • YES

26 21.49%
  • NO

59 48.76%
  • No, and I would probably unsub.

36 29.75%
Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Post If Children were a playable "class"...

If Blizz made children of Azeroth playable on any race to say level 40, with their own gear, quests, and useable items, would you roll one and level him/her?

They would get things like Slingshots, wooden swords, bent staves, bag of marbles and have their own new zones where they could quest. Is it something you would do, would not do, or unsub knowing how many kid toons are about to be rolled?

Deleted
    How can you even come up with an idea like this?

Quote Originally Posted by GuniorBinda View Post
    How can you even come up with an idea like this?
    We've had orphan's Day for awhile and each new race seems to be coming with kids. Thought I would throw it out there

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastmasterGuardian View Post
    We've had orphan's Day for awhile and each new race seems to be coming with kids. Thought I would throw it out there
    I was talking about the fact that kids are physically less developed than adults and mentally easier broken than adults. Unless no one can die and/or if the bosses are critters.

It's like a game... WITHIN A GAME. WOOOahhhh

Quote Originally Posted by GuniorBinda View Post
    I was talking about the fact that kids are physically less developed than adults and mentally easier broken than adults. Unless no one can die and/or if the bosses are critters.
    They would never really die. More or less fall unconcious and wake up by the nearest Inn Keeper or Nurse. It was just a thought

from level 1 to 40. after level 40 the can get a quest to turn into a level 20 adult?
    most quests will be help mommy bake a cake.
    fight the bad critters.

end boss at level 40 will be the boogieman!
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4...4841599821.jpg the boy that will forever be named the HHD wiper. R.I.P

I shudders when I imagine children in the role of the protagonist. I also see WoW as a large story, so I'm going to have to say, no.

My mind explodes at the thought of a Child / Priest - it's just wrong.

The fun part would be at lvl 40, you could then spend gold to "convert" the kid into an adult and have an instant level 40 toon to "choose" a class for.

Why? What would that add to the game? This idea is just plain bizarre

I don't see the point in having children running around, if you want to play a short char roll a gnome/goblin.

Not against having children run around but I just don't see any added value.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Why? What would that add to the game? This idea is just plain bizarre
    Why bother to have children characters in the game at all. Also, it might appeal to younger players. We already have 8, 9, and 10 year olds playing the game. Maybe they want to roll a toon that looks like them and do some easier quests.

---------- Post added 2012-11-27 at 01:45 PM ----------

Again, just throwing it out there. I voted no on it as well, but I figured someone other than the RP community would be receptive to the idea.

You can't even battle with Argent Squire/Gruntling companion pets. Why would Blizz put in kid CHARACTERS? I'm sure someone else can better put into words the reasons why it's kind of a touchy subject, particularly on Blizz's end.

What am I reading...

Quote Originally Posted by qactuar View Post
    You can't even battle with Argent Squire/Gruntling companion pets. Why would Blizz put in kid CHARACTERS? I'm sure someone else can better put into words the reasons why it's kind of a touchy subject, particularly on Blizz's end.
    Well, I get that kids cannot die, which is why they would just fall unconcious and wake up with a nurse at an Inn. The quests would be easy, zones non-threatening. We have Pokemon battles in the middle of dangerous jungles with nothing attacking us. This can't be THAT far fetched.

Deleted
    Yes, just for the lolz.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastmasterGuardian View Post
    If Blizz made children of Azeroth playable on any race to say level 40, with their own gear, quests, and useable items, would you roll one and level him/her?

They would get things like Slingshots, wooden swords, bent staves, bag of marbles and have their own new zones where they could quest. Is it something you would do, would not do, or unsub knowing how many kid toons are about to be rolled?
    That's just creepy. Hope you don't have access to any live children :P
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    That's just creepy. Hope you don't have access to any live children :P
    I don't like kids much and am blessed not to have any. I've got two dogs and kinda like it that way. Thankfully, the wife hates kids too, so that's not an issue. It's just a topic I was always curious about. Especially since Pandaria is loaded with little bears and some quests even require saving them. I was just trying to get an idea of what people thought.

Children are fine to be in game as unattackable npcs or non-combat companions which cannot be used in pet-battles. I'd like to see more children of different races (whom can bear them) just as flavour. Like inside cities as the class touring SW shows for humans. Playable and fighting/battling is just wrong.