Poll: Are they still lazy?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Are they still lazy?

I haven't seen the term thrown around a lot lately but I remember about..a month and a half back people, even when they received info about 5.1 just 2-3 weeks after Mists launched, said we wouldn't be getting this patch until January because Blizzard is "lazy".

Now, seeing as this isn't a raid content patch, but it is a nice patch with a lot of lore and side content for us to do, what's the verdict?

Are they still lazy, or have Blizzard finally throttled themselves into high gear and will be releasing Major Patches much quicker.

Discuss!
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I need a larger scope to from an opinion. It depends on when 5.2 comes out in relation to 5.1, then I can make a verdict. Right now they seem focussed and determined to deliver.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never thought Blizzard was lazy at all. So, no.

I don't think I've ever thought of Blizzard as lazy, they give us a whole lot of game and many years of entertainment, and I prefer they take there time getting stuff to us if it means they keep up their quality.

2 months after release and getting more content? I wouldn't call that lazy at all. It's just the usual people that like to complain about everything that doesn't suit them.

Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    I need a larger scope to from an opinion. It depends on when 5.2 comes out in relation to 5.1, then I can make a verdict. Right now they seem focussed and determined to deliver.
    Hmm, yeah, I see your point.

I was mainly curious because I wasn't expecting the patch to be this soon. I'm shocked they got out this much content in, what, 2 months?
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

In my eyes, they shouldn't be seen as lazy. As many may know they don't only work on this game alone, WoW isn't blizzard's only child. With that being said, WoW in itself takes time to do things. Making a new raid or pumping out new stuff isn't like going to the bathroom to relieve yourself :P

I considered them lazy (4.1-pre mists), though in hindsight, mismanaged seems more appropriate.

Right now, they're making the right moves, some steps in the wrong places here and there, but overall, good effort.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post

I was mainly curious because I wasn't expecting the patch to be this soon. I'm shocked they got out this much content in, what, 2 months?
    In that case, then they ave definitely stepped up their game. I actually looked back on patch releases just now and for what we are getting it's a decent time for them releasing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    No they aren't lazy. I think they are on the right track right now for the most part. Only thing I don't enjoy is the amount of dailies you need to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I've never thought Blizzard was lazy at all. So, no.
    I agree with Darsthis, I have not thought of them being lazy, just people QQ about the dumbest things.

---------- Post added 2012-11-27 at 12:06 PM ----------

There have been working on both 5.1 & 5.2 at the same time. I expect 5.2 by Feb / March, maybe January at the earliest.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2012-11-27 at 05:05 PM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

I would imagine they get alot more heat than praise. I like their games, and I will continue to play regardless of what comes with each new patch. I'm not greedy nor entitled. Just thankful there is one game on the market that has held my attention for 7 years

In the area of pvp I think they are exceedingly lazy. They need to add scores of new battlegrounds.

I don't think Blizzard are lazy, but I do think they cut a lot of corners and slap on a lot of band-aids. Regardless, creating new content takes time. It has nothing to do with laziness.

Deleted
    Cataclysm was the kick in the backside blizzard needed. Gone are the days of patches like 4.1, and patches that last 6 months.

people begged for constantly updated content, and blizzard delivered, but having this massive playerbase you cant expect for there to be no haters

Deleted
    This patch isnt saying anything about wether things have changed or not.

We'll know soon enough when we keep raiding the same old stale content at the end of the expansion for close to a year like the last two expansions.

But this time there will probably be more dailies to soothe the masses with mindnumbing repetition :-)

I dont think lazy is necessarly the right word though. Blizzard is just doing what any corporation does when in a position where they can absolutely exploit the situation with their product putting in minimal effort while still getting paid premium.

Their "laziness" also isnt about the sheer quantity of content but how they approach it, how they "fix" things in the rare cases where they dont just slap a bandaid on a gushing wound and their overall - perceived - mindset when it comes to how best satisfy their customers ("Starve them. Then starve them more. Then throw them a bone. A small one")
    Last edited by mmoc10839b38d9; 2012-11-27 at 05:29 PM.

Deleted
    The 45 minutes of new music alone in this patch invalidates the lazy argument in my opinion!

I haven't seen the term thrown around a lot lately but I remember about..a month and a half back people, even when they received info about 5.1 just 2-3 weeks after Mists launched, said we wouldn't be getting this patch until January because Blizzard is "lazy".

Now, seeing as this isn't a raid content patch, but it is a nice patch with a lot of lore and side content for us to do, what's the verdict?

Are they still lazy, or have Blizzard finally throttled themselves into high gear and will be releasing Major Patches much quicker.

Discuss!

Blizzard is lazy in general when it comes to game design. They constantly add new features to the game without updating old ones. They constantly screw with pvp class balance without really putting forth the effort to make sure things are balanced.

This game is becoming one giant clusterfuck and I am beginning to question why I even bother playing still.

--SNIP--

1 quick patch doesn't suddenly change everything about Blizzard. BUT I have never considered them lazy to begin with. The only issue I take is when they put out bad content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    if Blizzard rushes things, they will also be accused - just of being sloppy or careless or greedy for trying to lure ppl back with a half-baked patch.
    I agree with you. Damned if they do or if they don't. Just two more Expacs and then they are done with WoW. We have about 4 more years of interesting play, and then NO NEW CONTENT... E V E R. Guess folks better start making their "Why has Blizzard left WoW" threads now