Tips & Tricks for Amber Shaper Un'sok

If you guys have tips/tricks that you used please post them in the comments and I'll throw them in the annotations so everyone can use them. These are the videos make for our other teams in the guild and it's kinda gone from there.

Being generally horrible but helpful since Molten Core;
    When leading was more about managing bathroom breaks than boss mechanics.
    http://www.ihazlead.com - Raid leading guides, tutorials, and videos.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for this video jfragment, I love how the guild seems more casual and is a lot like the majority of raiding guilds.

I'll make sure to get my raiders to watch this!

I've never seen DBM mistake his Amber Explosion timing yet. People may want to gauge the accuracy of this for themselves, as it's an invaluable method of anticipating an upcoming cast and thus removing a high probability of a mistake from the person in the suit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by azzgunther View Post
    I've never seen DBM mistake his Amber Explosion timing yet. People may want to gauge the accuracy of this for themselves, as it's an invaluable method of anticipating an upcoming cast and thus removing a high probability of a mistake from the person in the suit.
    I believe he was talking about there being 5-6 timers that are defaulted for DMB to track on the fight, and that you should turn them off, except for the ones that apply to you. Very similar advice that I gave to my raiders.

Like scalpel. Its nice to know when its coming off CD, but not knowing is not going to break you.

We're about to start amber shaper this week and I have one question - I've heard that if you're the construct you should just spam (1) except when you need to interrupt with (2), but I've also been told that sometimes you have to interrupt the boss (or the monstrosity?) with (1) in addition to interrupting yourself with (2), so that you spam (1) except for when the thing you need to interrupt with (1) is close to coming off cooldown...

Was hoping someone could clarify for me "to spam (1) or not to spam (1)" so I don't derp it up.
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Karazee View Post
    We're about to start amber shaper this week and I have one question - I've heard that if you're the construct you should just spam (1) except when you need to interrupt with (2), but I've also been told that sometimes you have to interrupt the boss (or the monstrosity?) with (1) in addition to interrupting yourself with (2), so that you spam (1) except for when the thing you need to interrupt with (1) is close to coming off cooldown...

Was hoping someone could clarify for me "to spam (1) or not to spam (1)" so I don't derp it up.
    Spam 1 except for when you have to interrupt the mob within the next 7-12 seconds (ability 1 cd), then just hold it. All monstrosity abilities are off the gcd so you can spam 1 and interrupt yourself in the same gcd.

Deleted
    The amber monstrosity explosion timer seems relatively accurate except when stomp and explosion overlap, where he seems to prefer to stomp before explosion.

Quote Originally Posted by Winkle View Post
    The amber monstrosity explosion timer seems relatively accurate except when stomp and explosion overlap, where he seems to prefer to stomp before explosion.
    Our experience on Heroic are the timers are accurate. However, if another ability comes at same time, ie stomp or fling, he will always do those first and then the explosion. Just refresh stacks with that in mind and all is well.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Make sure whoever is controlling the construct right clicks on what ever mob they are attacking so they can auto attack with smash it does a shit ton of damage and then use specials when needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Karazee View Post

We didn't worry about interrupting him. We only worried about getting the stacks up and interrupting ourselves.

The big issue for us, while learning this fight, which we just got down yesterday!! was that DBM does a countdown to the start of your cast as a transformed player.

What this looked like: DBM goes :5/4/3/2/1 Player goes 5/4/ (press 2 because I can't let it get to 1) Explosion goes: BOOM

Make sure you explain that you don't press 2 until the cast actually starts. With DBM this is AFTER the 5 second countdown. It's a little confusing and led to a number of wipes as people were paying more attention to DBM than to their cast bar.

Off Topic.. but read the story about Smeg's hand in his signature. Wow... when I think I'm having a bad day I'm going to go read that again. Sorry that happened man. BRUTAL. Hope your hand is getting better each day.
    Being generally horrible but helpful since Molten Core;
    When leading was more about managing bathroom breaks than boss mechanics.
    http://www.ihazlead.com - Raid leading guides, tutorials, and videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirtyrock View Post
    We didn't worry about interrupting him. We only worried about getting the stacks up and interrupting ourselves.

The big issue for us, while learning this fight, which we just got down yesterday!! was that DBM does a countdown to the start of your cast as a transformed player.

What this looked like: DBM goes :5/4/3/2/1 Player goes 5/4/ (press 2 because I can't let it get to 1) Explosion goes: BOOM

Make sure you explain that you don't press 2 until the cast actually starts. With DBM this is AFTER the 5 second countdown. It's a little confusing and led to a number of wipes as people were paying more attention to DBM than to their cast bar.
    Just to make sure I understand what you wrote completely, by "With DBM this is AFTER the 5 second countdown" you mean after the countdown starts but before it has finished... so as you said, when the countdown hits "3," that's when I press 2 to interrupt. Don't let it get to 1 because the explosion is imminent and I might be too late. Correct?
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

DBM is warning you that the cast is about to start, so you want to wait for it to finish saying 1, wait a tick, then hit interrupt.

I hadn't considered just rolling cooldowns through the monstrosity's explosion and just tracking the player one (which is of course more frequent and therefore more dmg over time if missed). I think I'm going to suggest that for our next raid.