Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

5.1 Demo Warlock (nerfed?)

So I know they will remove the rangemelee attack from Demo warlocks. The melee is 4.5k~ dps, but I haven't read anything about compensating the DPS loss Demo will get.

Am I complete off or is this a nerf or did they post that they will get buffed with something else?

- Removed the ranged Melee attack from Demonology Warlocks in Metamorphosis form, and increased the damage of Doom by 25% to compensate.

Deleted
    "Removed the ranged Melee attack from Demonology Warlocks in Metamorphosis form, and increased the damage of Metamorphosis: Doom by 25% to compensate."

http://www.wowhead.com/news=208409/w...lasses-warlock

Edit: Damn it too slow. :P

Deleted
    Thanks for the quick answer!

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only nerf is they nudered our aura in terms of demo

10+ Year Old Account
    The buff to Doom does not fully compensate for the loss of auto attack so it is still a nerf. It is an even bigger nerf in PVP considering you can dispel doom. Although overall it is still only a small decrease in damage.

Bummer, I really enjoyed the melee attack while leveling. It fit nicely with the image of being a hulking, muscular demon.

Quote Originally Posted by Redversion View Post
    The buff to Doom does not fully compensate for the loss of auto attack so it is still a nerf.
    But this change is good for fights with 2 targets! [IMO]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruotnof View Post
    Two targets or more*, and aye, I very much prefer to have the damage on Doom as I will be able to spread more damage around, even if the main target damage is slightly lower than before.

Also it will no longer look ridiculous when you cast soul fire...

10+ Year Old Account
    Them trying to compensate for the actual damage loss is fine, but did they actually fix the problem with wands causing you to just flat out miss GCDs every now and then?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeiri View Post
    Them trying to compensate for the actual damage loss is fine, but did they actually fix the problem with wands causing you to just flat out miss GCDs every now and then?
    This is what I am most curious about.
    Signature Nazi's suck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeiri View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Muezick View Post
    This is what I am most curious about.
    Yes they did. Removed the auto attack, buffed Doom 25% to compensate.

EDIT: too quick with my reply, you meant if they fixed the actual skipping? Well yes, that was caused by the autoattack firing, so with that gone so should the wand skipping be.

Finally gonna be able to raid as Demo again. Hell yeah.

The DPS difference is marginal at best and makes it much more viable since they fixed the GCD. Good change.

Anyone having any issues with threat and their Wrathguard? Mine seems to be pulling aggro with or without threat presence activated.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruotnof View Post
    So wait, we can't touch affliction's dots because it would make them too strong in multi-target pve fights but it's ok to buff doom to get around fixing a bug just like that? This comes from someone who's raided demo since wrath, it's just that I don't get how they can do this after stonewalling us affliction pvpers' issues with the MoP build.

Edited to add: didn't even mention the fact that keeping doom up in multi-dot scenarios on all targets is a lot easier considering it's a 1 minute duration dot. Oh well, at least the demo pve'er in me is a happy duck.
    Last edited by Docmort; 2012-11-28 at 07:42 AM.

The Doom buff still results in an approx 1.2% net loss on single target.

Yes they nerfed Demonology, I guess wasn't intended but they screw it. Simulation Craft PTR says we're 2k behind now. We went 121k for 119k :<

Agree... I played (Mogushan) yesterday and my dps dropped! =(

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh if you didn't notice molten core caps to 10 now so your hand of guldan procs within a super large group of enemies yeah say good bye to that in terms of it going higher then 10