Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Poison procs fixed, hoping to get confirmation on the DS enchant though. Not that I like it but I can see a case for both scenarios *bugged or changed*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paloro View Post
    You just answered your own question.
    Windsong: 3 possible buffs/3 overlapping buffs
    Dancing Steel: 1 possible buff/1 overlapping buff

It doesn't matter that you have it on both weapons, it just increases your chances of DS proc'ing
    I did not answer my own question, i know how it worked before, now you guys are saying only 1 buff but higher proc % chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    Poison bugs have nothing to do with my post =/
    I'm merely stating that the way Dancing Steel behaved before was a bug and that it's been corrected. And yes this lowers your DPS a little, which is fine considering Rogues are still pretty much the top melee class at the moment.
    So Mongoose, Executioner, Landslide, Hurricane, berserking and so on double proc'ing were all bugs? This is the 1st high-end weapon enchant in wow's history that couldn't be active x2 when dual wielding.

Oh, and SMF warriors > rogues atm. Ferals played right are right there too, as are dk's. We're competitive with top melee, smf notwithstanding, and trailing, like most dps, severely behind them pesky fire mages. But we're certainly not stand-out top, especially if you don't play assassination.

So, If it doesnt Double proc, are you just loosing out on the double when it does, or does having it on both weapons just double the chance it's up instead now? (IE. It should be up aproximately double the time it was up before)
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Deleted
    doesn't this mean due to the fact we can't have 2 up at the same time we woulod want DS+windsong? as all a second enchant does now is increase the uptime of the single buff and never gives you the double buff anymore?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stuntz View Post
    So Mongoose, Executioner, Landslide, Hurricane, berserking and so on double proc'ing were all bugs? This is the 1st high-end weapon enchant in wow's history that couldn't be active x2 when dual wielding.

Oh, and SMF warriors > rogues atm. Ferals played right are right there too, as are dk's. We're competitive with top melee, smf notwithstanding, and trailing, like most dps, severely behind them pesky fire mages. But we're certainly not stand-out top, especially if you don't play assassination.
    Those enchants were not bugged. DS wasn't bugged when it was proc'ing 2x. The way DS procs was changed in 5.1 to the Real PPM system.

Quote Originally Posted by Paloro View Post
    Those enchants were not bugged. DS wasn't bugged when it was proc'ing 2x. The way DS procs was changed in 5.1 to the Real PPM system.
    This.

Please people, please read and understand the changes before you complain about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Assumi View Post
    This.

Please people, please read and understand the changes before you complain about them.
    Was more commenting about the poster calling the pre-5.1 functionality a "bug".

That said, I dislike that they don't double proc anymore. Given the value of agi at lower gear levels, that'll hurt in challenge modes a little.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roach View Post
    Poison procs fixed, hoping to get confirmation on the DS enchant though. Not that I like it but I can see a case for both scenarios *bugged or changed*
    fixed for what only fok? do poisons stil not proc from "throw"?

Dancing Steel not double proccing is a bug I believe. The reason for the increased uptime is not due to the double dancing steel (although that's probably part of it).

Dancing steel went from a 1ppm enchant to a 2ppm realppm enchant. Going from 1ppm to 2realppm is going to lead to more uptime than before even if you had no enchant on an offhand weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Viglante View Post
    fixed for what only fok? do poisons stil not proc from "throw"?
    Poisons were taken off of throw with 5.0. If they work again, say so, but I'm pretty sure throw is not intended to proc poisons.

I never even saw the fok bug discussed in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowboy View Post
    Dancing Steel not double proccing is a bug I believe. The reason for the increased uptime is not due to the double dancing steel (although that's probably part of it).

Dancing steel went from a 1ppm enchant to a 2ppm realppm enchant. Going from 1ppm to 2realppm is going to lead to more uptime than before even if you had no enchant on an offhand weapon.
    They don't stack under the Real PPM system, they refresh one another. Say if your MH Dancing Steel has 2 seconds remaining, and the OH procs, it refreshes the proc to full duration. You end up with slightly more uptime overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Chult View Post
    They don't stack under the Real PPM system, they refresh one another. Say if your MH Dancing Steel has 2 seconds remaining, and the OH procs, it refreshes the proc to full duration. You end up with slightly more uptime overall.
    I'm well aware of that.

Not double proccing means that DS/WS is probably more optimal (and it really doesn't matter which hand has DS and which has WS), given that 2realppm is more uptime than 1ppm ANYWAY. PPM model enchants have a high uptime on a rogue, there isn't much extra uptime to be had.