Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Question Patch 5.1 Hotfixes: 5% more ranged attack power.

This is a quote from the blue tracker on mmo-champ:
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...s-november-27/

"Aspect of the Hawk and Aspect of the Iron Hawk now increase ranged attack power by 15% (was 10%)."

Do you think it will be enough for Marksman to match the other 2 hunter specs in PvE?
    Also, do you believe it is enough for Hunters in PvE to be equally competitive and viable on all the current boss fights?

5% more RAP isn't enough to fix the current state of hunters in PvE.

No, it's not enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    This is a quote from the blue tracker on mmo-champ:
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...s-november-27/

"Aspect of the Hawk and Aspect of the Iron Hawk now increase ranged attack power by 15% (was 10%)."

Do you think it will be enough for Marksman to match the other 2 hunter specs in PvE?
    Also, do you believe it is enough for Hunters in PvE to be equally competitive and viable on all the current boss fights?
    Regarding Marksman, my 487 ilvl hunter sims on Zeherah's sheet as 1.55 dps / RAP as BM, and 1.15 dps / RAP as MM. So, I take that as putting MM even further behind BM with a class-wide buff to RAP

Also, BM showed an increase from 84k to 88k dps with 5% more RAP. 4k buff for me.....I'll take it. Plus, never needing to go into Fox. I suspect the combination of these two buffs will actually make a real difference.
    Last edited by Nikoangel; 2012-11-27 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by snegro View Post
    5% more RAP isn't enough to fix the current state of hunters in PvE.
    Good hunters do fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Good hunters do fine.
    I do fine. Other classes do better.

Do you even WoL?

edit: not even sure what you'd know about good players. You haven't even entered heroics yet.
    Last edited by snegro; 2012-11-27 at 10:25 PM.

It was needed, now if they'd only fix MM in PvP.

It's a bandaid fix.

With that said, with the changes to Aspects, it is nice. Still won't put us anywhere near where certain classes are, but it's a start. And it means Blizzard are, at the very least, noticing us.

I'm loving constant movement... I foresee getting yelled at for not standing still in stacks in my immediate future....

It might look small, but all of this adds up.

As a Hunter who is a 6/6 MSV 25HC and 1/6 HoF HC, this is a pretty nice start to 5.1 for us. It may not solve all our DPS 'issues', but it's very welcome

I'm glad to see this change as a hotfix, 5.1 is quite a mockery of what feedback about poor state of hunters Blizzard received.

Won't be enough but its a start.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, its a nice start. But it still does not solve problem with multitarget fights or cleave. There is still big issue with scalling in compare to other classes, and buff is very simmilar to the DS one, making hunters strong on LFR and dungeon level(including challanges), but still falling behind on hc raiding.

We still need more system changes, like some pet cleaves or black arrow multidoting. Some buffs to secondary stats like haste(maybe more focus regen) and mastery(just raw damage) would help us a lot with some scalling issues and agi stacking.
    Last edited by Hucio; 2012-11-28 at 01:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arktem View Post
    It's a bandaid fix.

With that said, with the changes to Aspects, it is nice. Still won't put us anywhere near where certain classes are, but it's a start. And it means Blizzard are, at the very least, noticing us.

I'm loving constant movement... I foresee getting yelled at for not standing still in stacks in my immediate future....
    This! I did LFR and I never stopped moving XD.

Not sure if its a good thing or a bad thing but jumping doesn't cancel the cast of cobra etc.

I foresee a lot of accidental pulls in the future for some people.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkPhoenix View Post
    Not sure if its a good thing or a bad thing but jumping doesn't cancel the cast of cobra etc.

Interesting point. I take it that ESC still cancels it but thats less natural and not so easy to do in the time allotted.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkPhoenix View Post

I fount out the hard way that a stopcasting macro is needed at least on some keybinds on other abilities because of this

Kill shot is mandatory at least. i always canceled my cobra shot cast with slight movement so that i could squeeze in a fast kill shot, now i need a macro.

But hey, can't complain... its more fun to never be still !

Quote Originally Posted by snegro View Post
    I do fine. Other classes do better.

Do you even WoL?

edit: not even sure what you'd know about good players. You haven't even entered heroics yet.
    Not sure what his progression has to do with it unless you believe 1 person can carry 9 others into heroics.

Quote Originally Posted by knightpt View Post
    I fount out the hard way that a stopcasting macro is needed at least on some keybinds on other abilities because of this

Kill shot is mandatory at least. i always canceled my cobra shot cast with slight movement so that i could squeeze in a fast kill shot, now i need a macro.

But hey, can't complain... its more fun to never be still !
    That's how I stopped my CS too lol. I made a stop cast macro and bound it to where I had Fox bound because I didn't have a lot of time to set up macros before raid. I think I'm just gonna macro it into all my shots when I get the chance later.

Has the change for hawk been implemented yet? Tool tip still says 10%

Quote Originally Posted by Marksman12 View Post
    Has the change for hawk been implemented yet? Tool tip still says 10%
    Yes. You can confirm it by taking Hawk off and then multiplying your RAP by 1.15. Then re-apply Hawk and you'll see that the values are identical.