Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Marksman12 View Post
    Has the change for hawk been implemented yet? Tool tip still says 10%
    Tooltip updates require full patches to implement whereas hotfixes can be put in immediately

it need to go up a fair bit more for us to be on caster level...

yes!! this is great!
    I never expected anything more than a 5-10% buff in damage. 5% AP is maybe about 5% more damage. Taking that greatfully!
    together with the full mobility (I did often make mistakes when switching arround with aspects) this is defently a nice damage increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Good hunters do fine.
    You should look at this : http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...numbers-are-in

Good hunters performing well might do ok against people with stronger classes not playing as well but facts are facts. Hunters are on average bottom of the dps charts pre 5.1... lets see how much difference these minor changes make. You can talk about "good" and "bad" but the link above compares all the best parses for each class averaged out.

I do fine in my guild... I generally get beaten by our mage on every fight but can beat most of the other classes on the bosses that are mostly single target... Maybe i'm just playing better to achieve that result though. Statistics such as those shown above give you a much stronger picture of how things really are.

Nice upgrade. Good for us

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dzidek View Post
    Nice upgrade. Good for us

This is little shit guys 5% is nothing compare with Mages,Warrs,Walocks....as i say look Mogushan Valts on World of logs .where is first hunter Rank on eny boss...Hunters pure dps class ...pure shit we are

Deleted
    5% hmm its a start...

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Not sure what his progression has to do with it unless you believe 1 person can carry 9 others into heroics.
    If someone is going to accuse me of being a bad hunter because I feel that our DPS isn't up to par with others given similar skill and gear they'd want to of actually done something similar themselves. That is why I brought up his progression.

Deleted
    That's a hefty buff to a class that is very competitive in single target. Its nice to see yet more progressive changes coming in. In the past we were used to having our coefficients faffed about with, stats slaughtered or talents altered. Now we have something that scales, a buff that should last.

I welcome the change, although I would have preferred it if they remove the CD on BA and mix things up with Serpent Sting.

Deleted
    5% is welcome. Realy, it is. It scales well so its even better.

I see this as a emergency fix tough. In fact this 5% increase in RAP will atualy increase the gap between the 3 specs because diferent specs are scalling diferently with RAP so a general increase in an ability/passive that affects all 3 specs will just give more bonus to the spec that is already scalling better.

What realy needs to be done is cirurgical buffs/adjustments in specific "key abilities" in all 3 specs. Example: BM needs better AOE, SV better sustained (perhaps Black arrow dps?), MM needs harder hitting abilities (buff to steady shot?), and so on, and so on.

Making a change like RAP in a passive is realy easy, making the cirurgical adjustments to specific abilities is the hard part.

This is the winter of our discontent!

But seriously... Any ideas on how the Ranged attack speed -> Haste changes are working out? I am at work and patch dropped 3-4 hours ago in Europe...

I would imagine making attacks based on haste rather then attacks speed will make them EVEN better for Beastmastery since pets didn't benefit much from Focus fire/Berserking/Rapid fire. With the changes pets will scale even better with the hunters... I seriously don't see any buffs to SV or MM for that matter.

These changes to 2-3 abilities will just make our Burst bigger, but don't help our AoE/Cleave/Sustain... which is lame.

thank you based blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    This is the winter of our discontent!

But seriously... Any ideas on how the Ranged attack speed -> Haste changes are working out? I am at work and patch dropped 3-4 hours ago in Europe...

I would imagine making attacks based on haste rather then attacks speed will make them EVEN better for Beastmastery since pets didn't benefit much from Focus fire/Berserking/Rapid fire. With the changes pets will scale even better with the hunters... I seriously don't see any buffs to SV or MM for that matter.

These changes to 2-3 abilities will just make our Burst bigger, but don't help our AoE/Cleave/Sustain... which is lame.
    The changes are just tooltip corrections... Ranged haste is ranged attack speed. Rapid fire gives ranged haste in 5.1 which doesn't benefit your pet. I hate how such misinformation is going around. Heroism/Bloodlust has always given melee/ranged/spell haste so nothing has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by knightpt View Post
    cirurgical
    Surgical. (sorry I can't help it >.<)

And I agree wholeheartedly with your post. The sad fact is that they could buff CS/AiS/SS by 200% and it wouldn't be OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    The changes are just tooltip corrections... Ranged haste is ranged attack speed. Rapid fire gives ranged haste in 5.1 which doesn't benefit your pet. I hate how such misinformation is going around. Heroism/Bloodlust has always given melee/ranged/spell haste so nothing has changed.
    Ranged haste benefits the pet's attack speed and hunter + pet Focus regen. This means more auto attacks and focus during the first 30 seconds of the fight which is the Burst phase.

This is a small buff to mostly BM. I am asking if its noticeable or not, that's all.

Ranged haste benefits the pet's attack speed and hunter + pet Focus regen. This means more auto attacks and focus during the first 30 seconds of the fight which is the Burst phase.

This is a small buff to mostly BM. I am asking if its noticeable or not, that's all.
    RANGED haste does not effect pet attack speed plain haste does.

No it's not. Your pet doesn't benefit from ranged haste, they benefit from melee haste. If it gave haste, then yes your pet would benefit from it. It's not noticeable because nothing was changed.

You are confusing ranged haste with haste here. Again, it is just a tooltip change and will not behave any differently.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2012-11-28 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    You are confusing ranged haste with haste here. Again, it is just a tooltip change and will not behave any differently.
    Turns out i was confusing them. Focus fire and Rapid fire still only give Ranged haste which doesn't increase the pet attack speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pheros View Post
    Surgical. (sorry I can't help it >.<)
    Chirurgical

Quote Originally Posted by knightpt View Post
    I fount out the hard way that a stopcasting macro is needed at least on some keybinds on other abilities because of this

Kill shot is mandatory at least. i always canceled my cobra shot cast with slight movement so that i could squeeze in a fast kill shot, now i need a macro.

But hey, can't complain... its more fun to never be still !
    well how about this? been using it for ages. You probably have KS somewhere accessible as it is a reaction shot.
    /stopcasting
    /Kill Shot

you can also put all kinds cancelaura (deterrence ect) in front Kill Shot.