Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Warlock quest pushed back to 5.2

https://twitter.com/DaveKosak/status/273528282257965056

Sigh, why I even get excited anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this the Sealed Tome of the Lost Legion questline? The one that leads you back to Outland?

Have I been grinding my ass off to level my warlock in time for this for nothing?
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Is this the Sealed Tome of the Lost Legion questline? The one that leads you back to Outland?

Have I been grinding my ass off to level my warlock in time for this for nothing?
    I'm afraid so.

10+ Year Old Account
    /table flip

Oh well. More time to gear him up a bit I guess.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Deleted

New warlock's quest.

From where we can get the new warlock's quest?

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Use search hm? Anyway I'll give you less of a headace

https://twitter.com/DaveKosak/status/273528282257965056

It's been pushed back to 5.2 as a single patch

I have a feeling that what was included in the PTR and datamined (and also never made available for testing) was not a finished product, and thereby is not currently in-game.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

Deleted
    Yes, its not currently in-game, as Dave Kosak says: The warlock ''Green Fire'' questline is bumped to 5.2... cry

Deleted
    yay ! more waiting ! 3 yrs not enough

Quote Originally Posted by Eiffeltower View Post
    yay ! more waiting ! 3 yrs not enough
    Apparently it was only going to be the first half this patch if they released anything at all so you're not really losing much.

Deleted
    At least it will be in the one patch though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keronas View Post
    At least it will be in the one patch though
    He didn't even say It was 100% I've lost faith well more faith in blizzard -.-

The previously mentioned Warlock class questline has been delayed until Patch 5.2. It appears that the green fire reward is confirmed now though! Kosak also mentions that there is no guarantee here, just a plan.

You probably shouldn't?
    This is just another case of people getting their hopes up based on datamining. Not from official word, from what people dug up themselves and drew their own conclusions from.
    There had been no announcement from Blizzard that this quest would be in 5.1. What do you expect them to do, not put the quest parts in the files to test them?

And you wonder why they are so hesitant to say that they are going to put anything in for certain! The playerbase get up in arms when they haven't promised anything at all.

What is this quest even? Every WL i know is upset about it and I don't even know what this quest is.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajidon View Post
    What is this quest even? Every WL i know is upset about it and I don't even know what this quest is.
    They're adding a Warlock-exclusive questline which will culminate in giving the player the ability to swap between regular and green-coloured flame special effects.
    You haven't heard anything because up until now everything we knew has come from datamining rather than from Blizzard (it is only today on twitter that we could be certain that the fire effects were the intended reward!), but people feel entitled even to things they haven't been promised yet so that is why there is whining.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still pissed off THE ALLY/Horde THINGS ARE CASTING GREEN FIRE AT ME -.- ''Fel incinerate'' ''Fel immolate'' TO SALT THE WOUNDS it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    They're adding a Warlock-exclusive questline which will culminate in giving the player the ability to swap between regular and green-coloured flame special effects.
    You haven't heard anything because up until now everything we knew has come from datamining rather than from Blizzard (it is only today on twitter that we could be certain that the fire effects were the intended reward!), but people feel entitled even to things they haven't been promised yet so that is why there is whining.
    Do I get a chance to cry now, that warlocks get something like this and no one else gets anything?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    Do I get a chance to cry now, that warlocks get something like this and no one else gets anything?
    We've waited for like 7 years like I don't see would you cry lol well a couple years for me since I just swapped to my warlock

Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    We've waited for like 7 years like I don't see would you cry lol well a couple years for me since I just swapped to my warlock
    You're getting something no other class gets, they certainly have as much right to be slightly upset about that as you do to be upset about this.
    Probably more reason to be honest, Warlocks have always had more class quests than everyone else, at least until everyone's were removed.