10+ Year Old Account

Soloing Old Raids

They were supposed to make some old bosses possible to solo, but what was impossible before (without glitching/exploits) is still impossible. I tested razorgore and cthun and you still can't solo them. What exactly did they change?

10+ Year Old Account
    How did you even get in? I just tried and I just run through the portal, nothing happens, not even an error message.

I take it C'thun and Yogg are still unsoloable?

Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    I take it C'thun and Yogg are still unsoloable?
    Both have been soloable since wotlk / cata respectively.

Granted, my main's a paladin (still 85 atm). I'll take a look, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I ran BWL together with a friend, Razorgore had the 1.5 sec cd on Destroy Egg and it went really fast. He was there to help corral/kill adds, but I didn't seem to take any damage from the few that did beat on me (while controlling Razorgore). I'll be trying it again on another toon tonight for the pets (got the Untamed Hatchling, he got the Whelpguard pet).

I also flew right into Naxx solo with no issues or raid group.

Tried razorgore, adds killed him. Not nerfed enough it would seem.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I did razorgore easily =) all I did was kill adds from time to time and kept orb switching not hard.

can ICC be soloable yet? i was under the impression that the boat was un-soloable

yeah for razorgore you need to drop control, kill adds, and then resume control. Even though your aoes will hurt him too, killing the adds and hurting him is way preferable to letting a million adds just beat on him.

Previously un-soloable bosses:

Razorgore in BWL
    Twin Emperors in AQ 40
    Devourer of Souls in Black Temple

I know Razor is nerfed, I really hope the removed the healing from the Twin Emps & increased the cast time on the Devourer's stun-you-til-you-die mechanic.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Twin emperors are / were not unsoloable, you just need above 30k dps to outdps their healing, and some selfhealing to survive.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxyfoxy View Post
    Twin emperors are / were not unsoloable, you just need above 30k dps to outdps their healing, and some selfhealing to survive.
    Yeah, I was breaking Twin Emps as Ret at level 85 with a like 390 ilevel. Was not hard at all. Was LAUGHABLE when I did it tonite with at 90. Even got the pet from them too.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

Was ROS changed by the patch? I didn't think it was one of the included bosses.