Thread: Tooltip Addon

Tooltip Addon

Is there any tooltip addon currently available or being developed to get rid of these ugly item tooltips? Thanks!

Second this. REALLY hope someone develops an addon of some kind to change the new "stock" tooltips we have in 5.1 to how they were in 5.0.4 and before. Everything just looks so squished, clumped up and messy now. Can't imagin' why they felt the need to change out the old tips that were nice and organized in their information to give us these current ones where everything is just smashed together and different colors..

I would also be interested in said mod.

I've always been happy with Tip-Tac.

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/tip-tac
    Virtualize <Solution> @ Greymane | virtual#1157 | Web | YouTube | Twitter | Facebook
    Hermes - Share cooldown status with raid/party.
    Skada: Survivability - Show when a character died during a specific attempt.
    AffDots - Track the potency of your DoTs on a target.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just send in a ticket/report that says you dislike the new tooltips. If they get enough they will revert or redo the tooltips to something better(hopefully).

Quote Originally Posted by Haizer View Post
    Just send in a ticket/report that says you dislike the new tooltips. If they get enough they will revert or redo the tooltips to something better(hopefully).
    You also have to take in to consideration that a vast majority of people are just unhappy with change in general. It's human nature.

Blizzard and most companies are well aware of this and as with most things in life, people just get used to the newer "better" feature and then complain again when they change it again in a year. It's a cycle.
    Virtualize <Solution> @ Greymane | virtual#1157 | Web | YouTube | Twitter | Facebook

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by virtual View Post
    I've always been happy with Tip-Tac.

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/tip-tac
    Did you even read what he wrote? Tiptac doesn't change it to the way it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusk View Post
    Did you even read what he wrote? Tiptac doesn't change it to the way it was.
    So sorry for making a suggestion. You can customize TipTac to meet your needs. It might not be exactly like the previous release by default, but that doesn't mean you can't customize it to be exactly how you want by manipulating fonts, rows, etc.

I hate it too.

I've always been weirded out by tooltip changes. Back when they screwed it up so that the order of the stats on an item weren't always in a certain way pissed me off. It was like, it would always be agility, strength, intellect, stamina, spirit on an item in that order regardless of what stats it did have (or something, it was so long ago) and then because of one thing or another they would start showing up out of order, and in different orders on different items. I misread items for weeks because of it.

This one is also incredibly lame. I'm sure we were all get used to it like we always have, but we will remember what it was once like.

Increases healing done by spells and abilities by up to 49. mmmmmmhm.
    Last edited by Pascal; 2012-11-29 at 06:00 PM.