Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorret View Post
    Soooooo...... after getting ganked 6 times on a PVE server trying to do the new dailies I've come | | that close to cancelling my account.
    Is it normal? I mean, is this how it's going to be, constant ganking by group of 5-6 hordes ?
    First of all, to people on this thread: the original post (quoted above) mentions absolutely nothing about bugs, or getting flagged somewhere where you're not supposed to. Yes, perhaps everyone should read through the thread to see this guy explaining himself better in additional replies, something he should've done in the original post to begin with. Still, it's quite understandable someone reading his original post will have no idea there are any bugs anywhere.

Secondly, you would think that after the first death, the guy in question would have waited his flag to go off, then tried again. Hell, you'd think after the second, third or fourth gank he'd smartened up and tried to get back to being unflagged, and if he did, and still got flagged again and again, you'd think there'd be a point where he'd go "wait a minute, something's wrong here", instead of offering his sorry ass up as sacrifice. But no. He got ganked six times, and now he's angry at Blizzard. Right.

And last but not least, and this is directly to you Vorret: you got ganked six times because you yourself made the mistake of not trying to get your flag off, or not stopping doing the dailies when you realized there's a bug, and now that you realize there is a bug in freshly installed content, content that's a day old, content that hasn't had time to get any hotfixes yet (it's not even live in EU), you're already "this close" to canceling your account?

Really?

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    First of all, to people on this thread: the original post (quoted above) mentions absolutely nothing about bugs, or getting flagged somewhere where you're not supposed to. Yes, perhaps everyone should read through the thread to see this guy explaining himself better in additional replies, something he should've done in the original post to begin with. Still, it's quite understandable someone reading his original post will have no idea there are any bugs anywhere.

Secondly, you would think that after the first death, the guy in question would have waited his flag to go off, then tried again. Hell, you'd think after the second, third or fourth gank he'd smartened up and tried to get back to being unflagged, and if he did, and still got flagged again and again, you'd think there'd be a point where he'd go "wait a minute, something's wrong here", instead of offering his sorry ass up as sacrifice. But no. He got ganked six times, and now he's angry at Blizzard. Right.

And last but not least, and this is directly to you Vorret: you got ganked six times because you yourself made the mistake of not trying to get your flag off, or not stopping doing the dailies when you realized there's a bug, and now that you realize there is a bug in freshly installed content, content that's a day old, content that hasn't had time to get any hotfixes yet (it's not even live in EU), you're already "this close" to canceling your account?

Really?
    I should clear something up I guess. I'm not trying to defend him blaming blizzard. Even though I got flagged I was never killed. I'm just trying to let people know there is some kind of bug going on here.

Sure sure, but bad design is bad. Questing requires PvE eq but im supposed to suddenly switch to PvP eq when doing this one quest?

What about those who dont PvP? Where are they supposed to get pvp eq from suddenly? Sure PvP and getting ganked is part of the game, but you gonna say forcing people in PvE gear to face off against ppl wearing PvP gear is part of the game too?

As an Alliance player on a Horde dominated PVP server, this patch kind of sucks. Horde base is completely locked down. Alliance base is filled with Horde. Can't so much as rez without getting stun-locked till you're dead. I wish they'd have phased the PVP bits because this is horrendous. I won't even bother logging for quite a while because it's unlikely I'll even finish summoning a mount before I'm attacked and after an hour of trying to just find the rep vendor and dying everywhere along the way, I'd rather just level an alt and move on until the feeding frenzy wears down.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by furriusmurrius View Post
    Sigh...I...really, really doubt it man. We all like to make ourselves feel important but if you had 100 accounts and cancelled 99 of them Blizz probably wouldn't do more than send you an email with 7 days free to try to get you back. If you don't come back, oh well, they will generate the revenue lost from you after a few people want to race change to Panda or switch servers. No big loss.
    On itself this is quite a good argument....... but however, you're just talking now about this one player. Wow has 10.000.000 and if there are a lot more players who thinks the same and stop playing, then Blizzard will indeed have a huge problem. I agree that Blizzard will care much about 1 player leaving but when 100.000 decide to leave, then they will think (100K x 15 is quite a huge amount of money per month to loose, even for Blizzard).

The concerning thing is, as I read the forums, there are a lot of players who say they stopped or will stop (I don't know if they are just saying it or really quit, time will tell).

Just hope you don't HAVE to kill players of the other faction, since we have like 0.01% alliance on the server

10+ Year Old Account
    There's always gonna be some wankers (usually blood deathknights and hunters in my experience) who are in a group, singling out people who're doing quests solo and dance PVPtagged infront of them or inside their group of mobs, hoping one of their attacks hits them so they get PVP tagged, just so they can nice and fairly gang up on the single person. These same "people" will, of course, be wearing PVP gear, while the soloing person does not intend to do PVP and will not be.

Unless you're getting PVP flagged by a bug (looting? The hell?) my advice is just to be careful. Stop any rotation you're doing if you're melee when your mob is below 20% and make sure your killing blow is done by an ability that's only enabled for targets below a certain percentage. That way the ability can't target the PVP-tagged wanker infront of you if he "helpfully" kills the mob infront of you, hoping your attack targets him instead.

Knowhow of the game's inner mechanics on a deeper level will make sure these "people"'s efforts are fruitless, and they'll get bored wasting their time. Knowledge is power, fight smarter not harder, etc.

As for the looting bug, since we got AOE looting nowadays, have you attempted to pull a mob (a crab or spider or something) to your pile'o'corpses and loot *that* target instead?
    Last edited by Chonar; 2012-11-28 at 09:17 AM.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorret View Post
    Soooooo...... after getting ganked 6 times on a PVE server trying to do the new dailies I've come | | that close to cancelling my account.
    Is it normal? I mean, is this how it's going to be, constant ganking by group of 5-6 hordes ?
    Stop attacking other players and guards. Simple as that. There is absolutely no reason to even go near the other faction's base unless you specifically want to pvp.

And even in their base you don't have to fight the pvp flagged npcs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by harpott View Post
    Sure sure, but bad design is bad. Questing requires PvE eq
    No, it doesn't. You can quest just fine in PvP gear. You can do dailies just fine in PvP gear. You can even do 5mans both normal and heroic in PvP gear. Hell, you can most likely even do LFR in PvP gear.

Basically only high-end raiding requires PvE gear.

Quote Originally Posted by harpott View Post
    What about those who dont PvP? Where are they supposed to get pvp eq from suddenly? Sure PvP and getting ganked is part of the game, but you gonna say forcing people in PvE gear to face off against ppl wearing PvP gear is part of the game too?
    Nobody is forcing you to do anything. Get off your whiny ass and go get some resilience, or stay away from places where you don't belong.

Deleted
    This patch is so horrible for imbalanced PvP realms, wish they'd done something about it. Wearing PvP gear won't save you versus a group of 10 when there's barely anybody left on your faction.

OT: How the hell can you complain on a PvE realm, you don't HAVE to PvP tag yourself and can stay safe, unlike some of us who are dominated by the other faction.

Quote Originally Posted by furriusmurrius View Post
    Sigh...I...really, really doubt it man. We all like to make ourselves feel important but if you had 100 accounts and cancelled 99 of them Blizz probably wouldn't do more than send you an email with 7 days free to try to get you back. If you don't come back, oh well, they will generate the revenue lost from you after a few people want to race change to Panda or switch servers. No big loss.
    The lack of quality content lately, the Mop discount and the lay offs show they do care about their dwindling subs.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyZehTiger View Post
    OT: How the hell can you complain on a PvE realm, you don't HAVE to PvP tag yourself and can stay safe, unlike some of us who are dominated by the other faction.
    If I use Stampede, and the target dies before it runs out, the pets will attack anything in range. Even when they are on passive. Even if I don't attack anything. Even if I am not in combat.

So no, we don't HAVE to flag ourselves for PvP, the game will happily do it even when we don't want it.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by malbojia View Post
    I cancelled 2 of my 3 accounts and you may not give a fuck but you can bet your ass Blizz gives a fuck...
    Two fishes decided to leave the sea. Will sea care about it? Of course it won't, there are many more fishes in the sea.

10+ Year Old Account
    if there is a bug, it should get fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    If I use Stampede, and the target dies before it runs out, the pets will attack anything in range. Even when they are on passive. Even if I don't attack anything. Even if I am not in combat.

So no, we don't HAVE to flag ourselves for PvP, the game will happily do it even when we don't want it.

So don't use stampede?

Quote Originally Posted by Miko View Post
    So don't use stampede?
    Of course, the solution is to gimp myself.

As for the OP, the solution, in your words, is not to loot the quest objectives. Right?
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    The lack of quality content lately, the Mop discount and the lay offs show they do care about their dwindling subs.
    True.
    It is very illogical to assume Blizzard doesn't care about players leaving! They are a profit-organisation, they need to make profit, as much as possible. Every sub gone is less profit, each month.

The MoP discount made me think that the sales where really bad; as I didn't see this kind of discount this soon after release with the previous xpacs.
    [Could be that I missed them completely though]

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    As an Alliance player on a Horde dominated PVP server, this patch kind of sucks. Horde base is completely locked down. Alliance base is filled with Horde. Can't so much as rez without getting stun-locked till you're dead. I wish they'd have phased the PVP bits because this is horrendous. I won't even bother logging for quite a while because it's unlikely I'll even finish summoning a mount before I'm attacked and after an hour of trying to just find the rep vendor and dying everywhere along the way, I'd rather just level an alt and move on until the feeding frenzy wears down.
    As someone who plays horde on a mostly horde server, I can sympathize. There simply doesn't seem to be anyone around, and I'd be quite frustrated if the role was reversed.

I'm honestly surprised that CRZ wasn't implemented for this particular aspect of the patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pff, you lot wanted pvp back in the game, well here it is. Pvping in the open world = griefing, thats how its always been, and in asking for it you got it, the pvp scene, the griefing, the hours spent on trying to do quests that can't be done because of pvpers.

A little fact for you all, pvpers and pvers do not sink up, they never have, both kinds of people have always wanted two different things, and it clashes.
    #boycottchina