Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Tried the prep > cloak > kick glyph before nerf and worked fine but now it's just a joke, gg!

Just FYI I solo'd BT and BWL this week. For people with problems on Razorgore, I didn't bother killing the adds at all. Make sure you're facing adds while controlling the orb and let them pile up, they shouldn't kill you if you're 90 with decent gear (i'm 482ilvl) As Razorgore I started killing eggs at the controllers orb side of the room first and worked my way back. It took 2 controls and adds didn't even get me to half health. It seemed once I got towards the opposite end of the room, the adds started attacking razorgore whereas at the front they were running passed.

For Reliloquy of Souls Phase 2, I got killed the first 3 times before changing my strat. I didn't use a kick glyph or CoS or anything, it took awhile, but I would basically take the Essence to the back of the room where all the adds spawn and I would FoK to get Combo points. The adds hit like nothing and I could use the CP's for Recup. I only interrupted the increased dmg debuff (Defile? something like that) and just soaked the fears since they only happen ever 15 secs now. Shiving the buff off the essense when he got it. It took awhile because I could only use slow dps otherwise i'd kill myself from the dmg reflection, but that seems to be the only way to keep up enough CP's to recup. I got to half health a couple times from carelessness, but stopping dps and FoK + Recup was easily enough to get me to full. Slow and steady wins the race.

They also changed AQ40 btw so we can solo that as well. I solo'd Twin Emps pretty easily, they heal for less now and much less often, so it's cake. They also changed C'thun so when you're in his stomach you have 5min to get out before dying. Any lvl 90 should easily be able to do it.

Get to phase 2, burn, interrupt, burn and you're done, did it on my first go along with Razergore, I don't know why people are having trouble (I am 490 so lower geared people might have trouble).
    Also, offhand warglaive dropped on the run ;D

how are people getting past council, as mut they shit all over me and even as combat i cant kill them all before they kill me but i only have a lfr weapon for each spec so maybe thats it idk. i fully cleared bt on my warrior with only a few problems on illidan, the adds hit hard which has me worried for my leather wearing rogue ><

well i killed the council with all CD's used faint killing spree and prep i just dps'ed like crazy i ended the fight with 160k dps also illidan fight all you need to do is use all your burst cd's on his adds kill them as fast as possible then just do normal damage on him with your fein up and use recup i ended illidan fight with like 80% use leeching poison also ( i did all bosses on combat spec ) RoS boss i used shurikentoss to keep combopoints up and recup then u just CoS'ed and used killing spree +prep and another shadowblades i was fine at the end of the fight
    Last edited by Koji2k11; 2012-12-03 at 12:59 AM.
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Quote Originally Posted by Xigua View Post
    For people with problems on Razorgore, I didn't bother killing the adds at all. Make sure you're facing adds while controlling the orb and let them pile up, they shouldn't kill you if you're 90 with decent gear (i'm 482ilvl) As Razorgore I started killing eggs at the controllers orb side of the room first and worked my way back. It took 2 controls and adds didn't even get me to half health. It seemed once I got towards the opposite end of the room, the adds started attacking razorgore whereas at the front they were running passed.
    I did it the way described in the video on page 2, killed a few adds at the end of the first mind control and faced the adds. No problem with my life at all and my stuff is pretty crappy (463+2 crafts 476). The only weird thing is that at the end of the second control if all eggs were not destroyed Razorgore would explode (he was not killed by the adds). That's how I died a few times. So you really have to hurry to finish the eggs before the end of the second mind control.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnu View Post
    just solo'd it. it took me a few tries but it worked out fine in the end. the adds really don't hit you too hard. you just need to be fast when destroying the eggs to make sure he doesn't die.

and did MC before BWL, it was piece of cake as well
    If I get it right, you still need to do the Mind control part of the fight right?
    Because I tried to nuke him yesterday, and in the end you get killed, and when you enter again, he is still standing.
    I just don't get why that tactic does not work in the first place.

MC has been soloable already before.

15+ Year Old Account
    How are you still struggling with RoS? I've downed it few hours ago. It casts the spirit shock every 15 seconds give or take.

Razorgore isn't hard either. Just ignore the adds, and focus on destroying the eggs.

Quote Originally Posted by patcherke View Post
    If I get it right, you still need to do the Mind control part of the fight right?
    Because I tried to nuke him yesterday, and in the end you get killed, and when you enter again, he is still standing.
    I just don't get why that tactic does not work in the first place.
    yup for Razorgore you need to destroy the eggs first. As highlighted by Demetrion it is not too difficult, the adds don't hit you really hard so you just need to focus on destroying the eggs as fast as possible

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrion View Post
    How are you still struggling with RoS? I've downed it few hours ago. It casts the spirit shock every 15 seconds give or take.

Razorgore isn't hard either. Just ignore the adds, and focus on destroying the eggs.
    They changed it to 15 sec via a hotfix which means any melee can interupt every shock. HOWEVER if anyone remembers actually doing the fight in BC you still probably want a cast speed slow on it too.

RoS is a piece of cake now, you don't even need interrupts. Just don't blow yourself up with too much DPS - remember that the DPS you do to the boss is reflected back to you. So just do it slower than your HPS from recuperate (or whatever you use to selfheal) and you'll be fine. Spirit shock is once every 15 secs and it's like 6 secs disorient? Plenty time to DPS even without interrupting. Pop some kind of CD on deaden (100% more dmg taken) and do 0 DPS then (or be very,v ery carefull).
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Deleted
    Damage reflection. So don't faceroll it.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone with some progress on this one?

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Damage reflection. So don't faceroll it.
    With combat readiness up I can 100% faceroll it. Remember you also get 100% more healing.
    Last edited by Wow; 2012-12-05 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by candidlol View Post
    how are people getting past council, as mut they shit all over me and even as combat i cant kill them all before they kill me but i only have a lfr weapon for each spec so maybe thats it idk. i fully cleared bt on my warrior with only a few problems on illidan, the adds hit hard which has me worried for my leather wearing rogue ><
    I do all of BT as mutilate, for them I only dps the paladin dude and somewhat kite them backpedaling around the room (I saw a youtube video of some ret paladin doing that so I tried it with my rogue)
    He gets healed quite a bit but I take way less damage this way than facetanking them, with prep to have double evasion double cloak mitigating some more damage, and also shiv on cooldown with leeching to heal myself.

Also I encountered a bug on them, when I was close to dying I just vanished to retry but they wouldn't regain their full health and I was engaging them with whatever health they had left before the vanish. Killed them a couple of lockouts like this but this was before 5.1 so I'm not sure it still works, now I just do the above mentionned strat and pretty much kill them everytime

Save DPS cooldowns for phase 2.

Interupt the first fear, kill phase 2 before the second.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

It is easy to 2 man however, so bring a friend and you should be allright. That being said, my boyfriend soloed it, with me tagging along on a level 70 rogue, and he did just fine. Only thing was the fight with the 4 blood elf bosses took forever.

Quote Originally Posted by jk5834 View Post
    ...and got shit-stomped by phase 2 of Reliquary of Souls. Perhaps I misunderstood when they said that they were changing mechanics that cock-blocked soloing old content. Does anybody have any insight as to whether this fight is still working as intended?
    They did change it, the cc now has a 15 sec cd, like interupts from most classes

Killed Illidari Council in 465 gear as Combat

- Spec Combat Readiness, Prep, and Leeching Poison (standard anyway)
    - Glyphs of Expose Armor. Recup, Cloak and Shiv are the next best.
    - Blade Flurry, Recup and Expose Armor up at all times
    - DPS the Paladin
    - Focus Macro the priest to interrupt Circle of Healing; Use Wound poison for the ones that get through
    - KS early --> AR+Shadow Blades; KS should just be coming up again at the end of the fight
    - Combat Readiness at 80%. Evasion-->Cloak/Prep whenever you're not at 100% after that

A Master Healing Potion and/or a Healthstone should guarantee you a kill, barring bad luck on uninterruptable heals. Just getting 1 or 2 successful Kicks off is huge.
    - Use FoK to finish them off, they tend to bug a bit otherwise

I just run around with the Ret to avoid the AoEs and ShS+Kick the Priest when it doesn't have physical immunity. I don't think I dropped below 90% hp and I didn't use defensives. Council is only hard if you stand in everything.