Thread: Ninja changes

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    A guildie told me that it takes 5 Amber Shards instead of 20 to complete the repeatable quest 'shards of fear' for bonus Klaxxi rep.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    A guildie told me that it takes 5 Amber Shards instead of 20 to complete the repeatable quest 'shards of fear' for bonus Klaxxi rep.
    I can confirm this. Noticed last night and was pleasantly surprised to get 4x the rep for my 20 shards.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    I can confirm this. Noticed last night and was pleasantly surprised to get 4x the rep for my 20 shards.
    You youngsters and your 4x's rep, in my day we get 4x's the amount of work for the same amount of rep and we had to earn our exalted, we also climbed up hill both ways to make it to the outhouse in 100 below freezing temperatures. We had to earn our potty time!

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You youngsters and your 4x's rep, in my day we get 4x's the amount of work for the same amount of rep and we had to earn our exalted, we also climbed up hill both ways to make it to the outhouse in 100 below freezing temperatures. We had to earn our potty time!
    Potty time in those days were very very bad times don't know about you <.<

Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    That's so amazing. This is actually farmable now. Yessssss.

LOL. I probably shouldn't point out that I'm already revered, and had already bought the grand commendation. So really I got 8x, for a total of 2200 rep from 20 shards. Pretty sure that qualifies me for the Deluxe Casual-Meal with extra Noobsauce (Free Welfare Epic In Every Box!).
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastmasterGuardian View Post
    Just figured I would toss it out there. Bringing a companion pet to a LK fight is as dumb as bringing a baby to a bloodsport. Kinda pointless. I understand the teenagers wanna have their little friends out next to them while they fight and the girls just LOVE their little animal friends. Honestly, this is at the bottom of my complaint meter. But again, it is just a forum and just an opinion. Someone else was griping about having to "confirm" they want to leave a party or instance. Something bugs everyone. This one just happened to be one of my lesser issues.
    Sorry, I'm still laughing.

Also, you're out of luck. There's actually achievements tied to having pets out during raids.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    Sorry, I'm still laughing.

Also, you're out of luck. There's actually achievements tied to having pets out during raids.
    Indeed. Must Love Dogs

With all that bonus Klaxxi rep how am I supposed to sit on the city mailbox blocking it with my scorpion mount to show that I am better than everyone else at being a douche? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Biggest one I've noticed: the Cyclonic Inspiration buff appears automatically whenever you enter your faction's respective Shrine instead of you needing to pass by the NPC in the main lobby first.
    Finally, it was getting on my nerves.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    Sorry, I'm still laughing. Also, you're out of luck. There's actually achievements tied to having pets out during raids.
    Meh. Like I said, not a game breaker... just an annoyance.

Quote Originally Posted by Yau View Post
    That's so amazing. This is actually farmable now. Yessssss.
    Not sure its "farmable", well not for me anyway, 10k from exalted and only had 21 of the damn things drop.. Perhaps my bad luck, i dont know.. Other people had similar low drop rates in guild.. So for me, i will hit exalted before i get to hand in any more..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I didn't notice the flying one, but I did notice the LFR one. I guess people complained enough about having groups that would take forever to fill because no one wanted an in-progress LFR.
    This is a bug and not a feature.
    The code monkeys at Blizzard botched it, nothing more.

This tiny addon corrects the bug: RaidFinderFix

Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post
    Finally, it was getting on my nerves.
    Next thing to fix it the top step. Everytime I dash up the steps I always seem to get hung up on the top one. Might just be kitty form.

Quote Originally Posted by Yau View Post
    I always wondered why blizzard didn't put all the changes into the patch notes.
    patch notes are written in order to be submitted for proof reading, if they are correct etc way before the work on the patch finishes, so work between submitting the patch notes for approval and patch release isn't in it

at least that's what relic answered once on the DoW2 forums, probably similar across the industry, hence the "stealth changes"

Quote Originally Posted by DarkPhoenix View Post
    So now I know why the warrior in my group couldnt hear me but my guildies could.

For the sake of long term conditioning /p should of stayed as the whole party chat and another /letter being the only queue group channel.

I know ill be doing /p for months.
    They halfway did what you want.
    If you solo queue for a random 5-man, /p is equivalent to /i and will get you into instance chat.
    This is actually how I first noticed the change.

I still haven't tested whether /i works for Battlegrounds and raids.
    Do /r and /bg still work?

---------- Post added 2012-11-28 at 08:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by potatoe View Post
    I still haven't tested whether /i works for Battlegrounds and raids.
    Do /r and /bg still work?
    Just tested BG. works similiarly.
    When solo queueing /p and /bg become instance chat /i.
    Last edited by potatoe; 2012-11-28 at 04:38 PM.

Here are a few other things i noticed last night.

You can't create scrolls of wisdom in raid instances (possibly heroics as well)

Killaxi daily when your in control of that huge creature killing 200 enemies - the large enemies like the crystal rock giants now are pulled into the fight when you damage them, and fight with the rest of the mantid.

I killed 3 rare NPC's last night and noted they seemed to be quite a bit harder then before. One of them had a half dozen regular enemies in a circle around him that needed to be killed along with him, the other two had what seemed to be higher health then should be. (One of them was a 87th level and had around 3.5 million health.). Not really complaining, they were easier then they should have been before this patch anyway.

Did they change the default font? something seems off about the text now.

I am not really fond of the new item display windows and how the stats are presented.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bubble chat texts are now smaller too.

That sucks about Spirit of Harmony -> Golden Lotus. Already have no use for Spirits, now its value is dropping too. >.<

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    Bubble chat texts are now smaller too.

That sucks about Spirit of Harmony -> Golden Lotus. Already have no use for Spirits, now its value is dropping too. >.<
    Within the morning of the patch you can vendor spirits of harmony for 249g within a few hours it became N/A /cries

Every truth passes through three stages before it is recognized. In the first it is ridiculed, in the second it is opposed, in the third it is regarded as self evident. ~ Arthur Schopenhauer

I'm always willing to accept change, just as long as it isn't change for the sake of change. If that change will result in a better way of doing things, then I'm all for it. ~ James K. Van Fleet

No one ever really loves change, they simply adapt. We've been doing just that since Classic. Some change is great, other change should have been tossed with the cocktail napkin it was written on. We'll all be fine