Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Okay. Since you're actually writing seriously this time, I'll ask the question then. (Not being petulant here. Good advice is always welcome.)

If there's no raid damage going out. Nobody but the tank is being damaged. Serpent's Zeal is up and you've already put Renewing mist out on cooldown. Why would continue to fistweave with jab?
    Pre-patch? Because tank healing unless it's Lei Shi heroic is stupid. Plain and simple.

im still topping 1st in healing by a wide-margin iono what people are complaining about that our healing were nerfed too hard.....

now its time to increase the damage on path of blossoms and add a fire damage over time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    im still topping 1st in healing by a wide-margin iono what people are complaining about that our healing were nerfed too hard.....

now its time to increase the damage on path of blossoms and add a fire damage over time
    I think it does have something to do with the classes that people are healing with and whether they're healing 10 or 25 man. I did just as well as always in my 10 man guild run last night in 25 man LFR I could see a huge difference, especially against disc priests.

Quote Originally Posted by DirewolfX View Post
    Jab didn't seem to have its mana increased (or at least the tooltip still says 9000 mana). The extra 1000 or so mana on RM isn't really going to push most Monks over. Try going for a little more spirit? I see you have like 8.3k, but that's including passive spirit from one of your trinkets.

Also... you should be using Mana Tea (glyphed) on cooldown (with 2 stacks and < 90% mana)--we are balanced around using it frequently. Haven't used unglyphed, so I can't comment on how to best use it.
    Well, it's the only way I managed to be competitive and rank on Garalon and Un'sok, I'm literally oom all the fight, jabbing full time for chi and using mana tea on cooldown. It's never really been an issue, except if I need an emergency heal, then I can't most of the time do it because I don't have enough mana for it.

I tried using Soothing Mist last night but it's so random that you seem to never have the chi to uplift when you really need it, which is what I like from jab. Plus it's also a little help on dps, even if doing 10k DPS is not really a big deal.

I guess I could try to use mana tea more frequently instead of stacking it, and due to healing with a disc priest I do a ton of overhealing.. but I have not yet found anything more efficient.

Then again, my haste breakpoint was wrong, I'll adjust that for next raid. My major annoyance is I raid with one of the best 10 man disc priest in WoW, and that obviously lower my numbers like crazy lol..

Deleted
    So I shall give you my two cents worth.

Healing 10man with holydin and disc priest. I think it will take more than one night to sort myself out. Having said that, I have noticed a 10-30khps drop in what I am doing. I managed to beat our holydin on Tsulong by 5khps (my hps went from 130k hps to 109khps) and I beat him on....feng hc maybe ? I can't remember. All I know is I am amazing on mana now, to the point where I am like...whuut ? But, I am thinking too much and definatly not able to heal for as much as I would like.

At the moment, I want to smack blizz in the face, but I'm sure that will pass as I learn to deal with the changes.

The changes were not as bad as I anticipated, but it doesn't make it okay. I remained competitive in my 25 man raid, but the change to ReM is god awful. I barely felt like it was worth using. Never seemed to be on more than 5-6 people, even after using TFT. Using chi on Uplift seemed like a complete waste. Gara'jal was frustrating inside the spirit realm unable to get my ReM on everyone while using Glyph of Uplift. The majority of my heals were SCK and Chi Burst. It's very one dimensional and increasingly boring.

More and more I wish I had stuck to my shaman at launch...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Well, it's the only way I managed to be competitive and rank on Garalon and Un'sok, I'm literally oom all the fight, jabbing full time for chi and using mana tea on cooldown. It's never really been an issue, except if I need an emergency heal, then I can't most of the time do it because I don't have enough mana for it.
    That's what I do, too... I just don't have mana problems doing that, hence the suggestion for more spirit. I'm running about 1.5k-2k more than you estimating trinket value, plus Jade Spirit instead of Windsong (not sure how to calculate the value of that, but it will help a lot if you're constantly at 5-10% mana).

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ilanna View Post
    I remained competitive in my 25 man raid, but the change to ReM is god awful. I barely felt like it was worth using. The majority of my heals were SCK and Chi Burst. It's very one dimensional and increasingly boring.
    Can't agree more after a night of testing in 25m, even less control of my heals than before and extremely boring :/

With the huge nerf to ReM, I think I'd like them to make uplift not require ReM on targets and instead function like Holy Radiance or Prayer or Healing. Not to mention it's not like your targets with ReM will even benefit from a fucking uplift half the time, you have to look around and go "Hm, can I uplift effectively right now, no? SCKPCKPCK". I feel like there are so many ways to do something yet they're all so ineffective or one is just better than the rest. Not to mention when you're probably the only healing class in the game that can't effectively tank heal and no really strong utility like a barrier or spirit link... honestly I think I'll stick to my holy paladin.

I also think they could do with some changes to the way chi wave works, and how zen sphere works as well... for talents so deep in the tree they're total garbage. I'd be a big fan of making zen sphere like the old holy radiance but of course, wouldn't want spells to be similar to other spells, 'cause that's never happened before.

I'm really starting to see all of the things that make this totally under par with other healers.
    Last edited by chocobo606; 2012-11-28 at 11:33 PM.

Deleted
    I am glad, that I play 10man and not 25man, not because the nerf was too hard, I didnt really test it, but its no fun anymore.

But what really buggs me: Pets! I dont know if it was like that before 5.1 or not, but hell, why does my ReM jump on Pets! Its sad enough, that I cant cover more thant 6 People wihout TfT, but seeing ReM wasted on a Pet - gg...

Yeah, a nerf was needed, but hell, they nerfed the fun of this specc more than 25%... sadface

Oh and almost forgot it: All Hail to the Discpriests, the MW 5.1 with even better raidutility!
    Last edited by mmoc052d4b7d79; 2012-11-28 at 11:43 PM.

Deleted
    I second that, ran Lfr (I'm 490 ilvl) with an alt disc priest 471 ilvl, and I could not heal more than him...it's an embarrassment. Seeing as 24hrs ago I killed empress lfr started no mana, ended fight top with 56k hps. Today, had all the mana, ended 3rd with 40khps yay

I know it's Lfr, I know, just...I miss my monk, I was only getting used to her, she was brand new and shiney, and now she feels tarnished I will not give up tho !

Deleted
    5/6 Hear of fear Heroic. You can check the past logs and todays logs and see a HUGE different in my healing"monk" Its a bit harder to raid heal then before for sure. Monk in 10man is so shit so i have too re roll priest or shaman now until the make some buffs/changes. I can spam a lot but my heals are so weak. You have too single target heal a lot now, like soothing mist/enveloping mist spam, works fine but ye. And i really hate that renewing mist are jumping on pets, f*** that.
    worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ifs9tsps7o2394yg/

If you have any questions just send me a pm.
    Last edited by mmoc185698566e; 2012-11-29 at 12:02 AM.

Deleted
    Well, at least the pets are happy with the changes!

I think these nerfs have a bigger impact on 25m, so I really feel sorry for them. From a 10m PoV it just feels a bit odd. I like boost to our channel wrt chi generation, tried it on couple of fights and 35% is quite a big jump and rarely fell with dry chi intervals. Still, rng is rng somewhat. Mists was quite annoying to try and keep up on as many targets as possible. Even with thunder focus it was weird. 2healed with a restodruid and during force and verve (10m normal) for example was quite lol to see wild growth hit same targets as my mists/uplift and have like 3 people drop like a brick, whereas I was usually easily capable of covering entire raid. Then you look at pets and see "aaaaah that's where my hots went to, nice!"
    I mostly got the impression they're trying to get us away from jab/jab/uplift style of play with the buff to chi generation from channeling, which would lead to - yes - putting enveloping mists out regularly instead on just the tanks. Manaregen felt through the roof, was thinking of trying to glyph uplift but then again it doesn't really heal all that much anymore, and what other good chi spender we got? Enveloping on random raid members is mostly a waste since it'll overheal for quite a bit given all the other smart heals outgoing if you ask me. Bleh.

Renewing mists/uplift really isn't working as it should now, it is really clunky.

Can't say I was happy with the nerfs, but I accepted them simply because our healing abilities are too overtuned compared to the other healer's abilities. Hell, I was actually looking forward to the change "Renewing Mist has been changed to be more responsive".

But my reaction to live was completely different. It really disappointed me that ReM jumps failed like usual, or having ReM on all the fucking pets that exist was incredibly annoying.

if they changed the glyph of uplift to instead of cost mana dont need a RnM it could help a lot...

even using the glyph i was not even close to be OOM ... but the nerf was more than 25%...

now i have all the mana i want... but not being effetive ><

Deleted
    Tested the changes in LFR on Tsulong. Usually in my 10man guild i top the meter with lot of margin (like >20k) on others (pala, disc), but having mana issues (playing most of the day phases with 30-40%)
    In LFR, i still topped the meter but i ended up the fight with >90% mana and 20 stack unused, spamming SCK during night like a brainless zombie. Meh.

Uplift is totally rubbish right now, is better using 2 chi on Chi Burst in a clever way. Probably, without mana issues, Glyph of Uplift will be very familiar and we probably going to take Zen Sphere instead Chi Burst for spend chi in a faster\controlled way.
    Also, our mastery still be the only one which can't thoughput at all: pala absorb, priest hot, druid and shaman bonus healing, monk "yay there is a sphere over there!"

Still can't undestand why they nerf mistweavers while shamans could do an healing burst >200k hps for like 10 seconds by using 3 spells (one even macro'ed) that have the same CD of our Revival.

I'm expecting a reverse on mana regen, and i really appreciate a raid healing cd mechanism based on mastery's spheres, like an explosion that heals all players based on the distance from target for every remaining sphere on the ground. But, yeah, who cares about mistweavers.

lets face the fact: discs are op as fuck. we went yesterday with one (he wants so play holy all the time because discs is just stupid he sais) but our raidleader forced him to play disc this time. and well, we thought they nerfed all the bosses . there was literally no ae dmg whatsoever
    13/13

Monk

Deleted
    I re-rol 3weeks ago to MW . I love it. I love the so many ways we could heal and all ways had some utility. But now WTF nothing is useful. We are f*** by Absorb healers and we have absolutely nothing to heal. We can run with one disco priest in 25man and he will be able to solo heal it (ok he will not but I am so disappointed). We have no Raid CD. We are bad tank healers. We are bad raid healers. We are just bad now.

I am raiding 25 man guild. Yesterday killed hof 6/6 and MSV 2/6 HC. Our logs here : http://http://worldoflogs.com/report...?s=1033&e=1331

I need to say we felt the same way as you are. We thing that they nerf all bosses like a Hell. There was nothing to heal.
    I ended all fights at 30 % mana or more. So I reforge spirit of and instead take crit. But that doesnt help. I will reforge more spirit of to todays raid.And I also run with Uplift glyphed. But Uplift is now so useless that I will almost never use it.

Stupid OP Disco Priest! He is doing twice as much as we were able to do.... GG Bliz you ruined us.
    Last edited by mmoc0ba67a0b63; 2012-11-29 at 08:47 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyjaljerk View Post
    Can't agree more after a night of testing in 25m, even less control of my heals than before and extremely boring :/

This.

MW on 25 man is incredibly boring now. I found that RM is as Ilanna said, never on more than 5/6/7 people with thunder tea used. I completely ditched using it last night and just specced into rushing jade and SCK, RM on CD and Chi burst where appropriate.

Personally I understand that MW monks needed a nerf to RM and uplift - it was too strong. But these nerfs have gone too far. RM and Uplift on 25 man is not worth using and with that all the fun been sucked out of the spec. (Unless you enjoy spamming SCK then fair enough, I personally don't.)

In general the healer balance seems crazy since 5.1. I mean in my raid group the disc priest was MILES ahead of everyone else. More overpowered atm than monks ever were.

I would be happy if RM and Uplift were changed so the play style is the same as 5.1. even if our healing is still low I wanna play a class that has a least a little thought to it which MW had.

I've said it ever since they applied the Rnw Mist nerf on ptr, they're doing it wrong. It's evident blizzard either wants to bury us completely or they are completely clueless. They should've just nerfed uplift's throughput and it would've been fine