Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ambident View Post
    this, i wish people would stop posting disc logs from this week. pick some from previous weeks if you want to make a point.

spirit shell currently maintaining 100% crit modifier for all casts (not intended)

it looks like it has been hotfixed
    Are you nuts? Spirit Shell's CD is still too short for what it is. It completely negates some heroic mechanics completely.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HamSandwichFace View Post
    Are you nuts? Spirit Shell's CD is still too short for what it is. It completely negates some heroic mechanics completely.
    For sure, but it's also bugged right now, exacerbating the problem.

---------- Post added 2012-11-29 at 11:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cohren View Post
    The question is how to we draw Blizzard's attention to these issues?

Issues so far:

- Lack of raid CD (healing/mana/tank)
    Revival is fine; it's about 2/3 the healing of a tranquility, but it also only costs 1 GCD instead of a 5-6 second channel.

Life Cocoon needs some love; it's pretty weak right now.

Saying we have none is pretty off base.

- Overheal (Lack of control of who we heal)
    Not really a problem as long as we're balanced around it.

- Renewing Mist (Jump to pets, etc...)
    Yeah, I think someone posted the priority as something like:
    1. Someone who is injured and doesn't have RM
    2. Someone who is injured and hasn't gotten this RM
    3. Someone who is uninjured and doesn't have RM
    4. Someone who is uninjured and hasn't gotten this RM

If they swapped 2 and 3 and prioritized players over pets, RM logic would be vastly improved.

- Too much mana, not enough to spend it on
    Shift some spirit into crit and/or spend more time BoKing during low healing phases?

- Terrible single target healers
    If Surging Mist had better mana efficiency, we'd be perfectly serviceable single target healers. Right now, it just feels punishing to hit the button, yet it's pretty necessary for tank healing.

I think if Life Cocoon was a flat % like 20% it would be fine.

Once Priests get straightened out I will revisit the overheal issue as it might just be exasperated by unintended mechanics.

We still need a strategy to bring these issues to Blizzard's attention so that it doesn't come off as sour grapes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Trying to organize a random group of forum readers is like herding cats.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5000&e=5441

Tsulong heroic - at least we're good for some fights. Just to break it down.

Some notes:
    - Redfern and I took 6 Lights of Day each
    - Nessarien took 5.
    - Healing on Tsulong breakdown: Me > Redfern > Nessarien

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=7499&e=7885
    Lei-Shi heroic

Some notes:
    - I only had 1 trinket LOL
    Last edited by HamSandwichFace; 2012-11-29 at 08:52 PM.

I vote for return RM back to the 1+3 and just nerf(a little, don't go crazy) uplift a bit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DirewolfX View Post
    1. Any pet or minion.
    2. If totems were healable, totems.
    3. Someone who is injured and doesn't have RM
    4. Someone who is injured and hasn't gotten this RM
    5. Someone who is uninjured and doesn't have RM
    6. Someone who is uninjured and hasn't gotten this RM
    That's more my impression since new patch.

Quote Originally Posted by HamSandwichFace View Post
    I disagree completely. I heal with a disc priest and it's awesome. I, for one, am glad blizzard hasn't given up on absorb healing. It is unique and interesting.

Spirit Shell doesn't buff the healing of the priest. It simply turns their healing into bubbles. No one is arguing that disc *healing* is too powerful, just that they are guaranteed to heal first. Absorbing is the same as healing the damage immediately. Similarly monks are the second fastest aoe healers. I don't see what's wrong with healing whatever's not prevented. If there's nothing to prevent, then that means that the priest healing should be nerfed around Spirit Shell (not the other way around). The crit bug is the only reason that's the case right now.

Healing isn't a competition, it's about cooperation to get through the content. We need better utility, yes. That's no reason to complain about some other healer being able to get out heals before us (in this case, before it happens).

Deleted
    Did someone else notice that Roll\ChiTorpedo ignores walk toggle on?
    Not a nerf at all, but it's just worst than before, even Chi Torpedo will be useless for stacked aoe healing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Their mastery increases the power of their shields... I'm pretty sure that includes all heals while Spirit Shell is active.

Absorb healing has been overpowered for a long time, negating many of the more challenging raid mechanics (remember Lich King?) It is unique and interesting, but it needs to be given in more measured quantities. Increasing the cooldown on Spirit Shell by 50-100% would be a very balanced change.

I think if Life Cocoon was a flat % like 20% it would be fine.
    Personally I don't think the rather small absorb is a problem, it gives us an instant "omgdontdie" with an ancillary benefit. The problem is that the ancillary benefit disappears after the shield is gone, which doesn't make any sense at all. It punishes you for actually wanting to use the absorb portion.

And the ancillary benefit is nearly impossible to use properly, as how often are you going to have time for hots to tick, that's threatening enough to use a cooldown for, and is somehow not threatening enough to remove the bubble promptly?

The only thing I can think of is really specific situations like Tsulong, where the target of the heals isn't actually taking damage, or something like Decimation Blade, where you have a very brief time to do a lot of healing before one next big strike.

It's an exceedingly small window of viability, and that's not a good state for a core healing cooldown to be in.

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    Personally I don't think the rather small absorb is a problem, it gives us an instant "omgdontdie" with an ancillary benefit. The problem is that the ancillary benefit disappears after the shield is gone, which doesn't make any sense at all. It punishes you for actually wanting to use the absorb portion.
    Life Cocoon has limited use, this not being one of them. Heroic bosses hit too hard and you are lucky to get 1 tick from HoT's before its consumed. If no changes are going to be made to it then the 2 minute cooldown needs to be removed so we can spam this on the 5 people with Renewing Mists just to give us something to do.

Life Cocoon has limited use, this not being one of them. Heroic bosses hit too hard and you are lucky to get 1 tick from HoT's before its consumed. If no changes are going to be made to it then the 2 minute cooldown needs to be removed so we can spam this on the 5 people with Renewing Mists just to give us something to do.
    You mean the 5 pets?

Deleted
    Haha, funny thing.

So last week we were going to the terrace to wipe on the protectors 25 HC. Everything went correctly.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...pes&boss=60583

And now. Tonight. I'm proud to say that my Renewing Mist went on the GOLDEN BANANA .. and all the various pets from the raid.

Im so happy with my class tonight, but we should rejoice, since the Golden Banana is safe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woofix View Post
    Haha, funny thing.

So last week we were going to the terrace to wipe on the protectors 25 HC. Everything went correctly.

And now. Tonight. I'm proud to say that my Renewing Mist went on the GOLDEN BANANA .. and all the various pets from the raid.

Im so happy with my class tonight, but we should rejoice, since the Golden Banana is safe.
    Ahahahha...as sad as that is, it sure gave me a good laugh.

10+ Year Old Account
    stupid stupid banana
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Deleted
    Hi All, I am new to forum discussions today and newly registered to MMO-champ today but have looked here for lots of stuff in the past. Very interesting reading on 5.1 changes but have question that does not appear to have been addressed yet (unless I have "mist" it, haha)...Has the recent buff to Healing Sphere also affected the spheres to the one generated by our Mastery?

Thanks,
    Jhonus

Quote Originally Posted by Jhonus View Post
    Hi All, I am new to forum discussions today and newly registered to MMO-champ today but have looked here for lots of stuff in the past. Very interesting reading on 5.1 changes but have question that does not appear to have been addressed yet (unless I have "mist" it, haha)...Has the recent buff to Healing Sphere also affected the spheres to the one generated by our Mastery?

Thanks,
    Jhonus
    No.

/10char

Deleted
    thanks, what is /10char please ?