Got it all figured out

theory behind botters & gold farmers

step1: create an insane gold sink in-game (think mystery orbs req for gnome/goblin rocket, repairs)
    step2: people want that mount -> demand for gold created-> artificial economy churned.

result1: people who have the time to burn, spend more time farming that gold -> longer subs for blizz-> moar profit

result 2: people who dont -> look for ezy cash.

This in turn creates:
    1) demand for botting programs (which must be supplemented by subs)
    2) demand for gold farmers/sellers (which also require active subs)

conclusion:
    -no incentive to remove farmers/ botters from game, esp when they're the ones padding your bottom line.
    -if they truly meant it, blizz should remove such gold sinks and replace it with stuff that takes the same amount of time as it takes on avg to farm that certain amount of gold.

yes or no?

Yes or no what?

Yes you are posting on an alt account because your other account was banned?

No you don't have a clue on why people actually bot?

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Yes or no what?

instead of replying on whether the theory i postulated is defensible or not, you reply by

1) making presumptions about the status of my banned account (which never existed)
    2) insulting my knowledge about botters
    3) not addressing my point about gold farmers

way to go bro

Quote Originally Posted by harpott View Post
    snip
    Quote Originally Posted by harpott View Post
    theory behind botters & gold farmers

step1: create an insane gold sink in-game (think mystery orbs req for gnome/goblin rocket, repairs)
    step2: people want that mount -> demand for gold created-> artificial economy churned.

result1: people who have the time to burn, spend more time farming that gold -> longer subs for blizz-> moar profit

result 2: people who dont -> look for ezy cash.

This in turn creates:
    1) demand for botting programs (which must be supplemented by subs)
    2) demand for gold farmers/sellers (which also require active subs)

conclusion:
    -no incentive to remove farmers/ botters from game, esp when they're the ones padding your bottom line.
    -if they truly meant it, blizz should remove such gold sinks and replace it with stuff that takes the same amount of time as it takes on avg to farm that certain amount of gold.

yes or no?
    Maybe you should have asked more than the final question in your original post if you actually had a question in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Yes or no what?

To be honest, now I don't have a clue either. I read a lot about how annoying botters are and how they are damaging gameplay.
    Could you please explain why people bot?