Page 1 of 2
LastLast

No new raid in 5.1,then when?

So I'm wondering,if Blizz doesnt give any new raids in 5.1 then how and when do they plan to gives us some new content.Not like I think that we need a new raid at this point,but I'm thinking how long will it take until we see a new tier?Also,are there any informations what raid we may get?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty much been said in 5.2
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

10+ Year Old Account

A lot of guilds still haven't downed the first raid that was released and we've only had access to the third raid for a very short amount of time. As far as "new content" goes, the new quest chain and the brawlers guild say hi.

I'm pretty sure they said 5.2 will have the next Tier, just like 4.2 gave us Firelands. No indications as to what it is though.

Deleted
    im hoping every second patch is a new raid, so 5.2

5.2, probably early next year. The area surrounding the new raid can already be seen north of townlong steppes, from the northern island. You can make out Krasarang Style trees and a Pandaren style Tower. If you try to fly there, though, you'll instantly be shrouded by thick mists (and probably die from exhaustion)

I'm guessing Trolls and Thunder King. The one after I hope to revolve about Shaohao and more Pandaren lore, and the last raid, as we already have been told, will be Orgrimmar. Payback time.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    5.2, probably early next year. The area surrounding the new raid can already be seen north of townlong steppes, from the northern island. You can make out Krasarang Style trees and a Pandaren style Tower. If you try to fly there, though, you'll instantly be shrouded by thick mists (and probably die from exhaustion)

I'm guessing Trolls and Thunder King. The one after I hope to revolve about Shaohao and more Pandaren lore, and the last raid, as we already have been told, will be Orgrimmar. Payback time.
    but it also has troll huts and what not.... and Jinyu style housing on the beach maybe an open raid zone?
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Ive heard rumblings that 5.2 has a raid attached to it. Last I heard, it was a troll raid... not sure how true that is, so take it with a grain of salt.

As for new content. 5.1 is bringing new content. Just not raid content. Faction specific stuff in Krasarang, more Wrathion stuff, new scenarios and a warlock specific quest dealing with Black Temple. Oh, and the Brawler's Guild. So, yeah... stuff... new... just not raid stuff.
    Indd, I don't really mind having every other patch being "other stuff" and the raids dropping on the even numbered ones. Content is good, raid content is better. So long as we are still getting decent chunks of both I'm happy for them to continue as they are going.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    The patch offers heroic and normal gear upgrades, new trinkets weapons and 2 new factions and faster rep gaining for alts.

All of this helps raiders, In terms of raids 5.2 will offer something like Ulduar. the PTR for the patch should be down by early / mid January if everything goes well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vol'Jin is supposed ot be the big man in the near future, with a book coming out about him. Him + the Mogu story line about the re-appeared Thunder King makes for a likely Mogu/Troll raid in 5.2. (5.2 was allready stated as being the next raid patch officially far as I know, and allready stated it would cater more to people that like the big, winged type raid instances like Ulduar and ICC) The book about Vol'jin is scheduled for April release, so expect patch around that time too, I reckon.

yea I heard 5.2, im sure back near MoP release I saw a blue comment about doing a huge raid ulduar style...fingers crossed as I loved the giant raids as opposed these teeny ones
    Whoops, sig too big

Deleted
    5.2 for sure!

I think it will drop around Feb.

I really hope there are two 5-6 boss raids

That would be awesome!

Not sure it is going to happen though :S

As long as we don't get 8 bosses for 10 months again I am all good!

I really love the plan of alternate patches with have raids, keeps the game fresh imo.

Deleted
    well im glad 5.1 didnt bring us a new tier yet.

we're still working hard on getting more progress on the current heroic content. so i dnt mind if it takes another 2-3 months before 5.2 goes live.
    i do like the 5.1 new content patch with the continuation of the story line. cant wait too get started with that, sadly got too wait till wensday.

Deleted
    I'm also glad there was no new raids. We're still working on normal HoF end bosses, and heroic modes to go after that and Terrace. And no, I don't give a shit about the hardcores and other basement folks who already cleared all.

As far as i know this tier is still not cleared nobody killed protectors on elite mode this week at least not the top guilds so this tier is still new content and we will probebly see the last world first of this tier next reset. So blizzard got loads of time to get the new tier, The damage/health nerfs are not even live yet

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorn View Post
    Not like I think that we need a new raid at this point
    That answers the question right there....

they're alternating so they can push out new content faster. 5.2 will have a new raiding tier, 5.3 will be non-raid content, 5.4 will be raid, etc

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't really need a new raid already, sorry to say. You have 3 unlocked already, game didn't come out that long ago.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Glorn View Post
    So I'm wondering,if Blizz doesnt give any new raids in 5.1 then how and when do they plan to gives us some new content.Not like I think that we need a new raid at this point,but I'm thinking how long will it take until we see a new tier?Also,are there any informations what raid we may get?
    5.2.. Why would they release a new raid when a majority of raiding players havent cleared current raids AND terrace was released just 2 weeks ago.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

According to wowprogress.com, only 2773 guilds have cleared all the current tier raids on normal mode.

Why should they roll out new raids now?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"