Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

No guarantee here, just a plan

This is what concerns me a bit.

I could have missed out on news but everything I read before about the Warlock quest didn't say that is was just a plan.
    It was planned for this patch and at the same time the patch goes live, we get the news that the warlocks have to wait.

Waiting for 5.2 isn't what concerns me but the news that we have "no guarantee" is something else.
    Was this without guarantee from start or did it just became without guarantee, the moment it should have been live?

Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    We've waited for like 7 years like I don't see would you cry lol well a couple years for me since I just swapped to my warlock
    So there have been plans for this for 7 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    They're adding a Warlock-exclusive questline which will culminate in giving the player the ability to swap between regular and green-coloured flame special effects.
    You haven't heard anything because up until now everything we knew has come from datamining rather than from Blizzard (it is only today on twitter that we could be certain that the fire effects were the intended reward!), but people feel entitled even to things they haven't been promised yet so that is why there is whining.
    If they don't want people getting excited then they should stop relying on free testers and don't release a PTR to prevent datamining.

Quote Originally Posted by Inshabel View Post
    If they don't want people getting excited then they should stop relying on free testers and don't release a PTR to prevent datamining.
    Maybe they want people to be excited.

Deleted
    Yay warlock quests btw what's green fire? Is it somthing to do with fel corruption

Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    Yay warlock quests btw what's green fire? Is it somthing to do with fel corruption
    "Green fire" is pretty self explanatory, can't make it any clearer.

Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    This is what concerns me a bit.

I could have missed out on news but everything I read before about the Warlock quest didn't say that is was just a plan.
    It was planned for this patch and at the same time the patch goes live, we get the news that the warlocks have to wait.

Waiting for 5.2 isn't what concerns me but the news that we have "no guarantee" is something else.
    Was this without guarantee from start or did it just became without guarantee, the moment it should have been live?
    It was without guarantee from the start. There was never any official Blizzard announcement of this quest, everything you read prior to today was deduced by Dataminers, not from an official source.

Quote Originally Posted by Inshabel View Post
    With a game as complex as WoW there's no possible way in-house testing can get everything done to an acceptable standing. People complain about bugs now, it would be significantly worse if they only had an in-house team rather than crowdsourced PTR.

Deleted
    Obviously it's green fire but what I ment was how will it affect warlocks? Jeez

Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    Obviously it's green fire but what I ment was how will it affect warlocks? Jeez
    It will make your spells that look red instead look green.
    This is nice but the novelty will wear off quickly, hence why I am more excited for the quest content (which is also the reason it has been delayed).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    It was without guarantee from the start. There was never any official Blizzard announcement of this quest, everything you read prior to today was deduced by Dataminers, not from an official source.
    Actually, there was official mention of it in a recent Q&A.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Q: Patch 5.1 contains an extremely interesting questline involving the Black Temple and a lot of warlock lore, is there anything more you can tell us about this? Is this quest for all classes or just for warlocks?
    A: The Black Temple thing in Patch 5.1 is a Warlock specific class quest and it is building up to something. It was datamined as a scenario, but it is not a scenario. It is just a small one off class quest for Warlocks. When it makes sense for the lore and assets we are trying to introduce, it is cool to have these little one off quests like we added for the Monk as they level up with skill challenges. It is just something nice we thought we would do for the Warlock class. It is not a big deal.
    Source

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Actually, there was official mention of it in a recent Q&A.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Q: Patch 5.1 contains an extremely interesting questline involving the Black Temple and a lot of warlock lore, is there anything more you can tell us about this? Is this quest for all classes or just for warlocks?
    A: The Black Temple thing in Patch 5.1 is a Warlock specific class quest and it is building up to something. It was datamined as a scenario, but it is not a scenario. It is just a small one off class quest for Warlocks. When it makes sense for the lore and assets we are trying to introduce, it is cool to have these little one off quests like we added for the Monk as they level up with skill challenges. It is just something nice we thought we would do for the Warlock class. It is not a big deal.
    Source
    That pisses me off even more <.<

/cries in a corner

That source doesn't sound as "plan" but more as a "guarantee"...... now it changed to "plan" ... seems as they are backing out.