Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Warlock Quest Delayed, Sha of Fear Video, Patch 5.1 Hotfixes, Blue Posts, Comic

1.0.6 Official Patch Notes, Patch 1.0.7 in the Coming Weeks, Heroes Rise, Darkness Falls eBook Now Available

Warlock Class Questline Delayed
    The previously mentioned Warlock class questline has been delayed until Patch 5.2. It appears that the green fire reward is confirmed now though! Kosak also mentions that there is no guarantee here, just a plan.

Guild Cloak Transmogrification
    Patch 5.1 finally allows for Guild Cloaks to be used for transmogrification!

Method Heroic Sha of Fear 25 Video
    Method has released their Sha of Fear kill video.

Patch 5.1 Hotfixes - November 27
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Classes
    Hunter (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)

Monk (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)

Paladin (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)

Rogue (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    • The cooldown of Vanish has been reduced to 2 minutes (was 3 minutes).

Warlock (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    • Curse of Enfeeblement and Aura of Enfeeblement now reduce the physical damage dealt by all targets by 10% (was 20%).
    • Aura of Enfeeblement and Aura of the Elements now cost 150 Demonic Fury (was 50), and have a 10 second cooldown.

Creatures
    • Polluted Viceclaw Scuttlers are now much tougher customers.

Items
    • Sky Crystals can no longer function against Alani once Nimbus Shroud has been dispelled.

Dungeons, Raids & Scenarios
    Terrace of Endless Spring
    • Corrupted Protectors now deal less damage in the Raid Finder version of this raid.
    • The Sha of Fear
      • A number of bug fixes and adjustments have been made to the Heroic mode version of this encounter:
        • The Sha of Fear will now transition to the Dread Expanse at 66% health (was 50%), and no longer heals when entering the second phase of the encounter.
        • Dread Spawns can now gain up to 5 stacks of Gathering Speed (was 3).
        • Dread Spawns now spawn at a reduced rate.
        • Dread Spawns will no longer sometimes cast Eternal Darkness on an incorrect target.
        • Dread Spawns will now always cast Sha Spine when a player picks up the Orb of Light; the damage of Sha Spine has been reduced.
        • Dread Spawns are no longer fooled by Feign Death.
    • Tsulong
      • The Raid Finder version of this encounter has been tuned to be more appropriate for its intended difficulty.
      • Tsulong will no longer despawn unexpectedly in the Heroic mode version of this encounter.
    • Lei Shi
      • Lei Shi's Spray Ability now increases frost damage taken by 10% per stack in the Raid Finder version of this encounter (was 12%).

Bug Fixes
    • Classes

• Players can now properly earn credit for the Last Man Standing achievement.
    • The Turkey Shooter can no longer be used on mounted players.
    • Fixed an issue that would cause various items to be awarded to players of the incorrect class or specialization in Raid Finder encounters.
    • Fixed an issue that would prevent some items from The Terrace of Endless Spring from being disenchanted.

Brawler's Guild Invitation Update
    With the latest patch, 5.1 “Landfall”, we’ve introduced the new feature, the Brawler’s Guild. As we previously announced, entry into the Brawler’s Guild is by invitation only. Invitations can be found on the black market auction house, by invitation from somebody within the guild, and occasionally as drops from certain Horde and Alliance NPCs. Before you rush to your realm’s black market auction house, we wanted to make you aware that invitations may not be available immediately upon realms going live, but should be showing up within the next 24 hours. We wish those of you who choose to take on this next challenge the best of luck in your endeavor.

Patch 5.1: Realm Event Time Changes
    With Patch 5.1: Landfall we’ve reactivated the Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza. To accomplish this we reevaluated the way time-based events work in World of Warcraft. The time zone designation for a realm doesn’t always correlate with its real-world location, and that designation has traditionally directed a player to choose a realm that shares their local time. With cross-realm features like zone coalescing (CRZ) and Raid/Dungeon Finder, linking event reset or lockout times to realm times has caused a lot of confusion, such as zones flipping between day and night upon zoning, and created substantial issues with limited-time events, such as Azeroth’s fishing tournaments.

North American Daily Event Times
    In Patch 5.1 we’ve moved most time-based events on North American realms to standardized, region-wide times. Below are the updated event times for all North American realms, regardless of your realm’s local time (excluding Oceanic realms).

Times displayed in North American Pacific Standard Time (GMT -8 hours)

• Sunrise - 5:30 a.m. PST*
    • Sunset - 6:30 p.m. PST*
    • Daily quests reset - 3:00 a.m. PST
    • Profession cooldowns and farm reset - 3:00 a.m. PST
    • Dungeon & raid lockouts reset - Unchanged (times still shared between NA and Oceanic realms)
    • Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza begins - 2 p.m. PST every Sunday
    • Battleground holidays - 12:00 a.m. every Friday - 12:00 a.m. every Tuesday PST
    • Darkmoon Faire begins - 12:00 a.m. PST first Sunday of every month

Oceanic Daily Event Times
    Note that, due to the extreme time zone difference, Oceanic realms have a separate standardized time, and Oceanic realms aren’t coalesced with non-Oceanic realms for cross-realm zones. Oceanic realms are, however, still a part of the North American matchmaking pool for Scenarios, Dungeon Finder, Raid Finder, Battlegrounds, and Arenas, in order to ensure that the matchmaking system is able to draw from a healthy population of players at any given hour. Because of this, raid/dungeon lockouts will continue to reset at the same time for North American and Oceanic realms (i.e. reset times will still vary depending on your local time).

Times displayed as Australian Eastern Standard Time (GMT +10 hours)

• Sunrise - 5:30 a.m. EST*
    • Sunset - 6:30 p.m. EST*
    • Daily quests reset - 3:00 a.m. EST
    • Profession cooldowns and farm reset - 3:00 a.m. EST
    • Dungeon & raid lockouts reset - Unchanged (times still shared between NA and Oceanic realms)
    • Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza begins - 2 p.m. EST
    • Battleground holidays - 12:00 a.m. every Friday - 12:00 a.m. every Tuesday EST
    • Darkmoon Faire begins - 12:00 a.m. EST first Sunday of every month

*Day/night changeovers are not currently set to the times listed above and will be updated in a hotfix as soon as possible.

For those folks whose play schedules are adversely affected by this, and who are blaming realm coalescing, let me clarify. It was only a matter of time (get it? ... humph) before we moved to this reset system. The problem with the fishing tournaments and CRZ was just a more blunt reminder that having non-standardized reset times is confusing in a game where realm transfers and cross-realm features are a reality.

We've used a similar system for European realms for quite some time and it's cleaner.

The new system will be better for some people, and worse for others, in terms of life schedules. But people have always had different play schedules that we can't always account for, and there are unavoidable inconveniences in that regard. The new system will just take some adjustment.

I'm on a realm where my dailies have been resetting at 1 a.m. my local time, which I've used to my advantage to do back-to-back dailies many nights before bed. I won't be able to do that anymore. But I don't think that's somehow unfair to me. It's logical, to me, for an online, very "real-time" game on the scale of World of Warcraft to have standardized times for time-based content, similar to a basketball game being broadcast live from the west coast.

Why not just CRZ realms with the same time zones together...
    Not to patronize you here, but the infrastructure behind World of Warcraft is incredibly complex. As stated in the original post, just because you're on, say, a realm labeled with an east coast time doesn't mean you're connecting to a server cluster or database on the east coast. Look at the Battlegroups. There are no time zone correlations between the realms within each.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    PvP Power Tooltip
    I'm a little confused. Last night I had 27% and some change for PvP Power and today I have 13.51% Healing PvP Power. Did they really cut it in half? Silent ninja nerf?
    Nope, as a dedicated healer you haven't been nerfed. The tooltip on your character sheet was always incorrect, but that issue was fixed in 5.1. Note that the PvP Power you have shouldn't be contributing to your damage output though.

On the same token, dedicated damage dealers and tanks (including hybrid classes using those specializations) no longer benefit from PvP Power for healing. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Loss of Control Alerts
    Blizzard. Remove this crap. If player's don't understand what snares and roots are, they shouldn't be playing video games.
    On the subject of "hand-holding", there is an option to disable the Loss of Control UI. Just uncheck the box titled Loss of Control Alerts in the Combat section of the Interface menu.

For many others, these are useful user interface elements.

I don't see what's so useful about it. Yeah, I'm CC'd... what else is new.
    Some CC is obvious; others, such as Silences or Disarms are somewhat less obvious. We wanted to better communicate when these effects take hold, which is what the new UI element is for. Some players prefer a visual cue and a precise timer regarding when a crowd control effect will end to better plan their next move.

As I said before, if you don't find it useful, you can easily disable it, or configure it to only communicate information that you might find useful.

Well. No offense but there's certain addons that already did that and did it a lot better.
    We've added quite a lot of functionality over time that duplicates the effects of useful or popular addons. Naturally, there will be players that prefer the control or customization that those addons offer, but it doesn't hurt to provide a similar option in the default UI.

You can turn it off so it doesn't show icons/timers in the middle of the screen, but even if it is turned off you can not see the cooldowns of abilities on your action bars.
    I'll certainly make sure that feedback is passed on. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Upgrading Season 12 to Season 12 Elite Gear
    If you upgrade the Regular Season 12 Malevolent gear twice and then say you get 2200 and upgrade to the elite, does your upgrades you already made to the previous gear remain or do you now have to spend additional conquest to upgrade the 2200 gear twice now?
    They remain. If a piece of gear is used as currency for a new piece of gear, upgrades are preserved. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

New Daily Quest Drop Rates
    The idea is that with some effort (although we are looking at the drop rates being a bit too low), a player can go farm up the materials to summon one of the 5-person bosses who are then trapped in a cage - and from there everyone can fight it. If there are already animals in the cages there is no need to go out into the field to gather materials to summon another. Everyone can fight the boss and get credit for it (and rep), and killing a boss is a daily, so there's no need to kill more than one.

The entire process should be: someone farms up a boss with a Beastmaster's Hunt quest, everyone fights it together and gets the rep, and you only need to do that once a day.

Are you sure its working? I defeated the crane boss once and I didn't get the quest for downing it. I assumed you didn't need to be in the same group.
    Did the character already get credit for one of the other two bosses? You only need to down one of them, not all three. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Patch 5.1 New Pets
    The new pets are on fairly long spawn timers, and are randomized (i.e. will not spawn on server restart). We've confirmed they have been spawning on some realms, so just keep an eye out!

Is "some" realms rather than all the realms working as intended? Which special realms are these so I can go make alts on them?
    They're random, so they're not going to spawn on every realm at the same time. So yeah, working as intended. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Blood-Soaked Invitation
    Well I was hoping there was so way I could make money off of it, is there really no way?
    Well, you could do Brawler's Guild and try to get to the requisite rank when you can invite another player, then sell that invitation, which is an unbound item that you can sell, trade or gift to a friend.

Were you just killing random guards or what?
    The invitations don't drop from guards; they come from certain rare spawn Horde and Alliance npcs. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Cinder Kitten Availability
    The Cinder Kitten will be available in the near future. They're still a little young yet to separate from their mother and make them available for adoption. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

PvP Flag on PvE Realms
    Is this a bug? These PvE quests for PvE rep loot purchased with PvE valor are flagging everyone for PvP, on a PvE realm.
    When are you being flagged? The quest should not flag you. Flagging for PvP should be the same as always on a PvE realm. If you're accidentally attacking opposite faction guards, you will be flagged as always. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Character Death Penalty
    The death of a character should be something important, the death penalty is there to make sure players don’t disregard it, in my opinion it’s actually already too easy and too fast to resurrect.
    It’s because of the penalty and the lost time when doing a corpse run, that players will be more cautious about their character.
    If you decide to resurrect at the spirit healer, it’s because either your character died in a very weird place (and you should be more careful), or you just don’t want to corpse run.

I think we should all be glad that there’s no experience loss as death penalty, that would probably be a bit too harsh, but I do think we need something to keep death from being meaningless.

We’re always open to good and new ideas of what that might be; as long as it’s not “removal of the death penalty”, feel free to chip in.

By "very weird place" you mean large chunks of Panda land especially anywhere near the cloud serpent dailies.
    That is something completely different, any time a player is forced to resurrect at the spirit healer while doing quests or anything usual, we will take a look and adjust graveyards or the resurrection functionality if we verify that it happens when players aren’t purposely going out of their way to get into weird inaccessible paths.

So if there’s a specific place, like around the Cloud Serpent dailies area where you might be forced to resurrect at a spirit healer, that can be considered a bug and devs usually fix those by either moving the graveyards, creating new ones or flag them to auto-res players who release in those places, we prefer to do that as we’re still hesitant about adding ghost flying to Pandaria. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Season 11 Gear Return Delayed
    Unfortunately, due to some issues, the inclusion of the Season 11 items will need to be delayed, possibly until patch 5.2.

Currently we're planning to make season 11 Cataclysmic Gladiator PvP items, including armor and weapons, available again with the arrival of patch 5.1. When they return, they will be purchasable with Honor Points from the legacy armor and weapons vendors in Area 52. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Save 50% on Mists of Pandaria – Limited Time Only
    Collector's Edition is also 50% off on Amazon.
    Still haven’t ventured to the shores of Pandaria? Snag a super deal on Cyber Monday by saving 50% on World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria. That’s a discount of almost $20, making this a great opportunity to upgrade your Cataclysm account, or—if you’re already braving the Heart of Fear—take this opportunity to invite a former guildmate back to your weekly raid night.

Don’t delay—this offer ends Thursday, November 29 at 11:59 p.m. PST.

The Daily Blink - It’s a Content Patch, Charlie Brown!
    The Daily Blink shares how Warlocks are feeling right now.

Last edited by chaud; 2012-11-29 at 05:38 AM.

Deleted
    in before Shitstorm

I love everything this patch did for my Brewmaster :3

Deleted
    As usual, warlocks get shafted on design

15+ Year Old Account
    Brilliant Daily!

Quote Originally Posted by Eiffeltower View Post
    As usual? That's a joke right...?
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eiffeltower View Post
    No other class in the game has received so much attention to design, as warlocks received in MoP. You have no right to whine.

http://i.imgur.com/JuFAE.jpg

These are my personal thoughts and in no way affiliated with my guild. :)

Deleted
    I'm still waiting for the Dance Studio.......

Deleted
    Got trolled by Blizzard, again. GG.

10+ Year Old Account
    From a lore PoV green fire for warlocks is stupid anyway.

"Ooh look at mah Imma castin' fel magicz!!"

"You can turn it off so it doesn't show icons/timers in the middle of the screen, but even if it is turned off you can not see the cooldowns of abilities on your action bars.
    I'll certainly make sure that feedback is passed on."

If only there were a place where you could test this stuff and have people give feedback before it's released.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrouswheel View Post
    "You can turn it off so it doesn't show icons/timers in the middle of the screen, but even if it is turned off you can not see the cooldowns of abilities on your action bars.
    I'll certainly make sure that feedback is passed on."

If only there were a place where you could test this stuff and have people give feedback before it's released.
    Sarcasm is hard to read on the internet - So I'll make the comment anyway.

The 'place' you're looking for is called the PTR.

Deleted
    WIN @ Daily Blink

Method killed Sha of Fear BEFORE the hotfix.

Serious skill right there

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baalb View Post
    No other class in the game has received so much attention to design, as warlocks received in MoP. You have no right to whine.
    NO ONE in the warlock community asked for the MoP changes, which are just quite terrible. Most warlocks feel out ouf touch with their spec, their class direction. Furthermore, we are (even more than before) pigeon holed into specs, with some working for PvE, some for PvP

It's not because we got some change, that that change is
    - warranted (the changes were only made because the class was not played. The didn't fix the bugs / address any of our concerns, just rehauled everything to something mediocre).
    - intelligent.

The green fire has been on the cards since about 3 years. That's what warlocks have been asking.
    Not a total overhaul of their class that end up being mediocre at best, while no bug fixes are adressed. We would prefer to see real changes being made rather than crap "womg new resource: you got this instead of mana".

Glad I'm not a warlock anymore, or this news would probably piss me off

Imagine that.. six years later and warlocks are still crying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    As usual? That's a joke right...?
    i guess that bucket of new crap we got in mop is gonna stick to us. Look before mop. Nothing. ever. oh, a meta in wrath.
    Years of no dev, and now they say implementing a new color on existing models is too hard ?

You know what's delaying them ? Making the quest to get the fire. And now one gives a shit about that quest, we just want green fire via a glyph or whatevs