Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    This is one of the stupidest things I have read in a long time.
    it's a common theme in movies, books, etc

'guy doesn't want "manly men" to know he's not one of them so he lies to fit in'

there are people i work with that would give you immortal hell if they knew you had that dragonball z shit video gamey thing in your sig. they hunt, they drink, they smoke, they like football, they have facial hair, they use curse words (but not around women) and they're vulgar.

average person would try to fit in or they'd get picked on non-stop. we had a new guy come to work with gel in his hair one day and they gave him shit over it for 2 years until he quit. to this day, he's that "faggy fucker"

he was straight, he was a decent guy, but he wasn't a "manly man" and he caught shit for it.

you've really never encountered this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Arrest the ones who break the law.

Don't punish the ones who don't.
    Sweet, we got him, now let me revive the boy and get into my time machine to arrest all the other idiots before they kill people... Oh wait...

Look, most people aren't responsible enough to own a family pet, let alone a weapon. If you own a gun and you can control yourself, great, ima real happy for you BUT there are about three times as many people who are not responsible enough.

The point here, gun control would prevent stuff like this, and if it means take away everyone's guns then so bloody be it... Just like in grade school (at least when I went to grade school in Quebec...) where if one kid acts up, the entire class is punished.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Exactly, I know more women who lie about such minor details as their age or haircolour than men lie about big important things.
    if you and harry botter think that what i said has anything to do with lying/truth you're both really slow

like, so fucking slow you should both get tested

it had to do with women not being afraid to "not know manly things" than men (who will lie to fit in and be one of the guys). off the top of my head, i know as many women who have been to a firing range at least once as i know guys. i don't know many women who have been hunting, but rifles/shotguns aren't what people pull to murder someone. chances are, women and men have about the same experience when it comes to handguns, which all this shit is really about anyway

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly, I know more women who lie about such minor details as their age or haircolour than men lie about big important things.
    Also if we are allowing stereotypes to dictate how we discuss things now. I wouldn't trust the opinions of people who "stereo typically" don't know as much about guns, cars, etc. Having said that my wife knows way more than I do about guns. Her family hunted with them. While mine used them for target practice and hunted with bows and knives mainly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Sweet, we got him, now let me revive the boy and get into my time machine to arrest all the other idiots before they kill people... Oh wait...

Look, most people aren't responsible enough to own a family pet, let alone a weapon. If you own a gun and you can control yourself, great, ima real happy for you BUT there are about three times as many people who are not responsible enough.
    People act like gun control means no guns for anyone, all it means is proper screening.

Then again, getting a Driving lisence in America is just as horrifically easy, I think they're entire infrastructure is based around letting everyone kill each other with deadly metal objects they barely know how to handle.

Sweet!! another gun ownership blasting thread. It's the new thing on mmo, find a story about a shooting and bash gun owners! weeeeeeee!

Just as the spoon didn't make you fat, the gun didn't make you kill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    if you and harry botter think that what i said has anything to do with lying/truth you're both really slow

it had to do with women not being afraid to "not know manly things" than men (who will lie to fit in and be one of the guys). off the top of my head, i know as many women who have been to a firing range at least once as i know guys. i don't know many women who have been hunting, but rifles/shotguns aren't what people pull to murder someone. chances are, women and men have about the same experience when it comes to handguns, which all this shit is really about anyway
    Resorting to insults. That's mature of you. I think you are the slow one if you think that no one could confuse what you said with what we thought. I mean you did say men lie to fit in. So I guess I was wrong in thinking it had anything to do with lying my bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post

The point here, gun control would prevent stuff like this, and if it means take away everyone's guns then so bloody be it... Just like in grade school (at least when I went to grade school in Quebec...) where if one kid acts up, the entire class is punished.
    google prohibition

tell me what the fuck happened during PROHIBITION

tell me if people stopped drinking and christian values permeated the inner city, or if something else happened.
    if they made it illegal to own guns right now, most people would turn them in and 100% of the "bad guys who'd kill someone" wouldn't

so you're left with the same number of armed psychos out there, deer would fucking take over our roads, more people would die from that, i can't imagine inner city crime would do anything but increase and you'd force law abiding citizens to illegally own guns or be victimized

it's fine if you believe something should have been done 200 years ago, but not it's too late. the people committing crimes aren't affected by laws.

Having said all of what we have said to each other. I would love to learn more about your country. Only thing I really know is Sepultura.
    Brazil is way different than most people think, and nice musical reference for a start ! Oh and dont get near Funk or Sertanejo Universitário I'm off.

Deleted

You are saying Men lie just to sound manly, I am saying this is wrong, because it is.

Unless of course you live on the repressed sexuality backwater known as the bible belt, where every man pretends to be a cowboy while praising Jesus every second breath and condemning societies advancements.

Resorting to insults. That's mature of you. I think you are the slow one if you think that no one could confuse what you said with what we thought. I mean you did say men lie to fit in. So I guess I was wrong in thinking it had anything to do with lying my bad.
    so you're admitting you thought that i made an off the wall comment concerning women and how they lie less than men. come on man. i honestly didn't think you misunderstood but now that you admit it i feel bad. stop quoting me so i don't have to discuss anything with you, it's all gonna go over your head anyway

Deleted
    google prohibition

tell me what the fuck happened during PROHIBITION

tell me if people stopped drinking and christian values permeated the inner city, or if something else happened.
    if they made it illegal to own guns right now, most people would turn them in and 100% of the "bad guys who'd kill someone" wouldn't

so you're left with the same number of armed psychos out there, deer would fucking take over our roads, more people would die from that, i can't imagine inner city crime would do anything but increase and you'd force law abiding citizens to illegally own guns or be victimized

it's fine if you believe something should have been done 200 years ago, but not it's too late. the people committing crimes aren't affected by laws.
    See, the fun thing about guns is, you have the large companies making them, and you can easily regulate that.

It is alot harder to stop Alchohol production than it is for firearms.

---------- Post added 2012-11-28 at 03:26 PM ----------

so you're admitting you thought that i made an off the wall comment concerning women and how they lie less than men. come on man. i honestly didn't think you misunderstood but now that you admit it i feel bad. stop quoting me so i don't have to discuss anything with you, it's all gonna go over your head anyway
    You said Women lie less than Men, this is false.

Good Day sir.

You are saying Men lie just to sound manly, I am saying this is wrong, because it is.

Unless of course you live on the repressed sexuality backwater known as the bible belt, where every man pretends to be a cowboy while praising Jesus every second breath and condemning societies advancements.
    you're from england. most of your men are considered sissies by the average american man, the "working man" man especially. not saying it's right but no, i don't believe a man is much of a man if he can't hunt, fix his own car, fight, etc

where i'm from we openly discriminate against men like that because we know they simply won't do shit about it. now i personally don't care but i'm not gonna lie and say i don't mentally judge them the second i see them. when i found out my ex was dating a guy who couldn't put a valve gasket on her car, i knew that meant he probably was a loser in bed too and guess what, i put the valve gasket on (made him mad) for her one day and she fucked me for it so i guess i was right.

manly men. yeah

Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    Just saying Im no dick expert. Besides dicks comes with the 'package', you dont have to be a dick enthusiast to go out there and buy one to attach to yourself, like you do with guns.

And its fine to be gay, I have gay friends and thats the kind of humour we use around here, no harm intended.
    I may just be understanding what you're trying to say. It's very possible. I can't remember when I last slept.

But you're saying not only there is a place you can buy dicks (hospital I guess?), but you don't have to be a dick enthusiast to want to go do that. But you absolutely DO have to be a gun enthusiast to go buy a gun?

Maybe we have different definitions of enthusiast.

I consider an enthusiast someone who makes something their hobby. I'm a comic book enthusiast. I love reading and learning about comics. I own a gun, but I wouldn't consider myself a gun enthusiast.

I have a friend who belongs to a gun forum, and enjoys learning about the inner workings of firearms and comparing them and learning which brands do xyz best. I would consider him a gun enthusiast.

I used to shoot competition sporting clays. I was enthusiastic about that, but it was about the sport, not the gun itself, so...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzzentch View Post
    honestly what happened in BC? it's like the 60's of WoW everything is in awful colours, shit doesn't make sense and i feel like i'm trippin bawls everytime i level an alt past 58...
    Shattarath is kinda pretty but outside is a technicolor nightmare that looks like someone tied horses to the contrast slider and fired a rifle

Quote Originally Posted by Noxiye View Post
    Good old rednecks thinking they can get away with murder.

Gun enthusiast is a funny term, but if he didn't have a gun, Jordan Davis would still be alive.
    But he would probably be dead
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

10+ Year Old Account
    People act like gun control means no guns for anyone, all it means is proper screening.

Then again, getting a Driving lisence in America is just as horrifically easy, I think they're entire infrastructure is based around letting everyone kill each other with deadly metal objects they barely know how to handle.
    Ironically enough I almost got hit on the driver side this morning by some guy who decided he wanted my lane... Lets just say I'm happy there wasn't anyone on the sidewalk, because that's where I ended up...

There's a lot of things in the U.S. that are too easy to get IMO. Like you said, drivers license is literally going 4 street corners and then parking... Dear god I'm glad I learned to drive in Quebec... where they teach you important stuff like... defensive driving!? Hell that saved my ass this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Febreeze View Post
    I'm from the UK, so I don't have a great knowledge of the gun laws in the US but to say "a criminal may have a gun, so I must have a gun on the off chance said criminal may have a gun" is just crazy in my eyes.

That said, this is something that is ingrained in culture, and there would be a SHITSTORM brewing if there was an attempt to remove guns from hands in the US.

It's a vicious cycle - access to guns is easier, so said criminals would more likely have access to said guns, so the populace - who are now living in fear of said gun wielding criminals feel the need to have bigger and more powerful weaponry to repel them if said criminal even plays music too loudly.

It's a mess, and it will always be this way imo.
    I agree it's a vicious cycle and that any attempt to reduce gun access will meet fierce opposition.
    But I wouldn't say it's impossible, when fire arms and white arms were made illegal to carry in public in most European countries (talking about 19th century) people complained about the same stuff, it was pretty common for them to go around armed back then. I don't see burglars going around with swords now (let alone guns).
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    Well I do have a penis attached to me as well but I dont know 'a lot' about it, I dont even know how it tastes. Maybe you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Everyone who does not miss Vanilla has no heart. Whoever wishes it back has no brain.

Deleted

i can't imagine inner city crime would do anything but increase and you'd force law abiding citizens to illegally own guns or be victimized

Citizens are already vitimized by crime, Having guns does not decrease crime by any amount.

Hard Criminals like Drug Dealers gangbangers and the like will always have guns. Gun control means people like common thieves or drug addicts or common thugs don't have guns, this alone will drop crime rates and gun related deaths.

See, the fun thing about guns is, you have the large companies making them, and you can easily regulate that.

It is alot harder to stop Alchohol production than it is for firearms.

---------- Post added 2012-11-28 at 03:26 PM ----------

You said Women lie less than Men, this is false.

Good Day sir.
    there are 10s of millions of guns in the USA, there are millions more that could be brought in from south and central america. probably even canada. it's not a production issue. you can't drink a gun and then it's gone forever. cops, military, they'd still need guns right? don't tell me you think disarming them would be smart.

i just don't think most of you are intelligent enough to discuss this. you say stupid shit like that. that's a red flag. that red flag says "i don't know what the fuck i'm talking about, but it's the internet and by jesus i'm gonna say something anyway"

it's a common theme in movies, books, etc

'guy doesn't want "manly men" to know he's not one of them so he lies to fit in'

there are people i work with that would give you immortal hell if they knew you had that dragonball z shit video gamey thing in your sig. they hunt, they drink, they smoke, they like football, they have facial hair, they use curse words (but not around women) and they're vulgar.

average person would try to fit in or they'd get picked on non-stop. we had a new guy come to work with gel in his hair one day and they gave him shit over it for 2 years until he quit. to this day, he's that "faggy fucker"

he was straight, he was a decent guy, but he wasn't a "manly man" and he caught shit for it.

you've really never encountered this?
    You've really never encountered women being equally catty and judgmental? I am actually surprised at how powerful the use of stereotypes has become in this thread. It's mind-fucking.

"It's a common theme in movies?" Really? That's a valid argument now internet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzzentch View Post
    honestly what happened in BC? it's like the 60's of WoW everything is in awful colours, shit doesn't make sense and i feel like i'm trippin bawls everytime i level an alt past 58...
    Shattarath is kinda pretty but outside is a technicolor nightmare that looks like someone tied horses to the contrast slider and fired a rifle