Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vuljatar View Post
    Yeah, it is. There are a great many factors that contribute to the number of firearms related deaths, and potentially unstable people being able to own guns is not the only reason nor the primary one.

When the criminals have guns (and they always fucking will), you sure as hell do.

Ugh. Well, it's 6 AM and after that thread about the old guy killing the teenagers I'm about argued-out. I'll check this thread in the morning.
    If you look at the statistics of gun-related deaths in Canada, or a European country you'll find the death rate to be ridiculously much lower than that of the US. Is this because the US populace is just more unstable then than others? No, ALL evidence points to a pathetically broken gun law created hundreds of years ago when weapons took more than a minute to reload. How many more people will have to get shot before gun control gets taken seriously in the US?

Ah someone died from gunshot so lets ban all guns as usual.

<insert beating dead horse pic>

Hey, isn't there two threads already open for you anti-gun people to spew your shit in?

Quote Originally Posted by akamurdoch View Post
    YOU DON'T NEED A GUN TO PROTECT YOURSELF.
    Don't bring a knife to a gun fight comes to mind. You realize some criminals are armed with guns so what should your average citizen be allowed to own to protect themselves from these people?

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    Prove this. I see this assertion a lot, but it is never backed up with any tangible proof.

Prove your case. Prove that all criminals will be armed with a gun, forever.

Will some? Probably. But if you look at statistics of places like Canada, for instance, you will see that your claim does not mesh with reality.
    You know what's really cool and makes me laugh about people who are saying civilians don't need guns? In our lifetime, 3D printers will make gun control impossible.

You can outlaw guns all you want, but there's no reason to outlaw 3D printers. And from there it's only a matter of time.

A world where everyone has access to guns.

Lol after reading into it more I love how his attorney says he acted like any responsible person would have lol

I foresee it gone within the next 10-15 years.
    Haha. You must have no idea how the American Constitution works. Let me fill you in.

Let's ignore the red tape involved in proposing the amendment.

Skip straight to the hard part. 3/4 of the states have to ratify the law. STATES. Not population. STATES. That means Alabama gets the same say as California.

There's 50 states which means if 13 or more reject it, it's history.

Alabama
    Arkansas
    Tennessee
    South Carolina
    North Carolina
    West Virginia
    Mississippi
    Georgia
    Kentucky
    Missouri
    Oklahoma
    Alaska
    Florida

There's 13. That's your 2nd amendment repeal gone. And I didn't even have to mention Texas or anything in the midwest. That's just the bible belt.

@Noobadin To be honest, these crimes seem to happen far more likely in the US then other countries with stricker gun laws. I mean ofc that has something to do with the population of these countries, but this happens every week in America and out side of gangs/ other criminal activity it rarely happens else where. (ofc major gangs blow each other up in must counties every now and then, but I don't think thats really comparable).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    You know what's really cool and makes me laugh about people who are saying civilians don't need guns? In our lifetime, 3D printers will make gun control impossible.

You can outlaw guns all you want, but there's no reason to outlaw 3D printers. And from there it's only a matter of time.

A world where everyone has access to guns.
    I don't see it being able to print ammo though.
    Being able to buy live rounds at Walmart is something that has always worried me at least as much as the easiness of getting a gun.

Deleted
    Arrest the ones who break the law.

Don't punish the ones who don't.
    Guns illegal = less stupid people with guns

Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    I don't see it being able to print ammo though.
    Being able to buy live rounds at Walmart is something that has always worried me at least as much as the easiness of getting a gun.
    Surprisingly, it can. Rather, it might not be able to print entire clips but single-round deringers aren't predicted to be a problem.

---------- Post added 2012-11-28 at 12:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Waifu View Post
    Guns illegal = less stupid people with guns
    It's cute that you think that. It just makes more sense to arrest people who misuse guns and get them off the street.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxiye View Post
    Never once? A gun is probably the easiest way to kill someone, so going by that logic it's been the gun's fault more than once.
    What is this? I don't even.... You know whats even easier way to kill people? Cars. Know what kills hundreds of thousands of people yearly? Drunk drivers. So all cars must be outlawed. That's the same logic used for anti-gun. Anti-gun is irrational. If you are anti-gun then you have to be anti-military as well.

Stupid people do stupid things. Crazy people do crazy things. Should be simple enough. What about the fact that say oh I dunno, 90 million other US gun owners didn't shoot some one?

People seem to forget that disarming the citizens is a horrible mistake. One it makes it loads easier for a foreign power to take over a nation, and extremely easy for a nation to turn hostile against its own people.

I guess it is just all the media after all. Good news doesn't sell, which is why only bad things are in the news.

he couldn't of bothered to cut the power of the kids house? much easier to do and less hassle

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha. You must have no idea how the American Constitution works. Let me fill you in.

Let's ignore the red tape involved in proposing the amendment.

Skip straight to the hard part. 3/4 of the states have to ratify the law. STATES. Not population. STATES. That means Alabama gets the same say as California.

There's 50 states which means if 13 or more reject it, it's history.

Alabama
    Arkansas
    Tennessee
    South Carolina
    North Carolina
    West Virginia
    Mississippi
    Georgia
    Kentucky
    Missouri
    Oklahoma
    Alaska
    Florida

There's 13. That's your 2nd amendment repeal gone. And I didn't even have to mention Texas or anything in the midwest. That's just the bible belt.
    The irony is that you claim I don't know how things work.

All it takes is one Supreme Court ruling that says, "We don't feel that the second amendment guarantees all citizens the right to own firearms, as it is worded."

You must have no idea how your country is run. The humour of a foreigner teaching you this is not lost on me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight Gil View Post
    God bless America with their brave and responsible gun owners who make America a safer place
    sigh. Literally the second post in the thread and we already have the GUNS R BAD NO GUNS R GOOD STFU FAGGOT shit going.

Morons and sociopaths do not represent the whole or even an appreciable minority of gun owners, religious people, or anything else.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by Latetomyownfuneral View Post
    What is this? I don't even.... You know whats even easier way to kill people? Cars. Know what kills hundreds of thousands of people yearly? Drunk drivers. So all cars must be outlawed. That's the same logic used for anti-gun. Anti-gun is irrational. If you are anti-gun then you have to be anti-military as well.

Stupid people do stupid things. Crazy people do crazy things. Should be simple enough. What about the fact that say oh I dunno, 90 million other US gun owners didn't shoot some one?

People seem to forget that disarming the citizens is a horrible mistake. One it makes it loads easier for a foreign power to take over a nation, and extremely easy for a nation to turn hostile against its own people.

I guess it is just all the media after all. Good news doesn't sell, which is why only bad things are in the news.
    Let me just. HAHAHahHAahahhahahAhhahahahha

I just see it, I see it, bunch of retarded civilians getting their guns from underneath their pillows to fight off an evil alien invasion or fighting off King George, seriously what the hell goes on in your head?

What a ridiculous OP, you're just trying too hard to bash gun owners. The most suspicious thing in that entire story is why is a teenager able to buy alcohol?

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

10+ Year Old Account

All it takes is one Supreme Court ruling that says, "We don't feel that the second amendment guarantees all citizens the right to own firearms, as it is worded."

You must have no idea how your country is run. The humour of a foreigner teaching you this is not lost on me.
    I seriously doubt anyone that high up in politics would be anywhere near stupid enough to try something like that. The sheer amount of backlash from constituents would be horrifying.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Lol. The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. The SCOTUS has revisited the 2nd amendment 7 times to my recollection.

Deleted
    Surprisingly, it can. Rather, it might not be able to print entire clips but single-round deringers aren't predicted to be a problem.

---------- Post added 2012-11-28 at 12:20 PM ----------

It's cute that you think that. It just makes more sense to arrest people who misuse guns and get them off the street.
    Without a gun law they wouldn't have to bother as much with arressting people. Do you really believe that America wouldn't be better off without them?
    Do you believe the gun crime rate would stay as high?
    The ammount of people getting shot would be the same? wether thats accidently or intentionally?
    The OP didn't even put the US in the title and yet i'm sure everyone knows without thinking what country it is about.

You shouldn't give kids the oppertunity to play with something dangerous if there's a chance of harming yourself and others.
    And well as guns are pretty much made for killing why have it? I know you can do other things with guns like shoot a plank for fun or whatever
    But that isn't really what it is invented for.

Better to prevent than having to cure it.
    The sooner they get rid of it the better anyway! Only this generation will whine about it, the next one won't care anymore.
    Last edited by mmoce3c3da46cf; 2012-11-28 at 12:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    Let me just. HAHAHahHAahahhahahAhhahahahha

I just see it, I see it, bunch of retarded civilians getting their guns from underneath their pillows to fight off an evil alien invasion or fighting off King George, seriously what the hell goes on in your head?
    A nation with armed civilians is going to be considerably harder to invade than a nation with civilians which are unarmed and/or ignorant in the use of arms. Should it come to it, the civilians are also in a much better position to forcefully resist oppression by their government, though I agree that's probably closer to Nineteen Eighty-Four than reality.

Deleted
    It certainly can print the metal part, but it can't just create the explosive.
    It's relatively easy to fill a round by hand, that is clear. But not being able to just go buy 1000s of rounds would be a start.

Also, as I think about it, 3D printing metal might be on the horizon, and the technology will advance, but I have my doubts about this "free guns for everyone". Getting metal into a condition it can be printed could be very energy-consuming, parts like the barrel need to be extreeeeemely accurate which has to be dealt with and so on.