Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post
    So call the police, you know the real "authority". It is not up to people to enforce their own vigilantee justice...
    he was within his rights to tell them to turn the music down and if he was threatened in some way, to even shoot them

if they prove that he was threatened (and in FL it's not hard to do that) then he'll end up with a 3-4 year suspended sentence for leaving the scene and lawyer's fees

that's it. he could have very well been within his right to do everything but leave as far as FL laws go. in my state he would be in some shit, but i'm not in FL

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    If weapons are part of your culture, then colonialism is part of mine. Sorry America, you're part of the British Empire again. How do you like that? Oh, you don't? Tough luck, its a part of my culture and hardly anyone dies because of it!
    Hmm... Maybe colonialism being a part of your culture is why you feel it necessary to tell everyone else how to run their countries and live their lives?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzzentch View Post
    honestly what happened in BC? it's like the 60's of WoW everything is in awful colours, shit doesn't make sense and i feel like i'm trippin bawls everytime i level an alt past 58...
    Shattarath is kinda pretty but outside is a technicolor nightmare that looks like someone tied horses to the contrast slider and fired a rifle

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    he was within his rights to tell them to turn the music down and if he was threatened in some way, to even shoot them

if they prove that he was threatened (and in FL it's not hard to do that) then he'll end up with a 3-4 year suspended sentence for leaving the scene and lawyer's fees

that's it. he could have very well been within his right to do everything but leave as far as FL laws go. in my state he would be in some shit, but i'm not in FL
    Trayvon Martin situation all over again. Silly Florida, Trix are for kids!

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    Knowing a lot about or liking something does not make you a nut about it. I happen to know a lot about dicks, since I have one attached to me. Does that make me a nut (lol) for penises? I am listerally not following your logic. I mean do you always use stereotypes to judge people?
    Well I do have a penis attached to me as well but I dont know 'a lot' about it, I dont even know how it tastes. Maybe you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    Well I do have a penis attached to me as well but I dont know 'a lot' about it, I dont even know how it tastes. Maybe you do.
    And he proves his maturity in a response to using stereotypes by making a gay joke!

That one's going to be hard come back against, Bob.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzzentch View Post
    honestly what happened in BC? it's like the 60's of WoW everything is in awful colours, shit doesn't make sense and i feel like i'm trippin bawls everytime i level an alt past 58...
    Shattarath is kinda pretty but outside is a technicolor nightmare that looks like someone tied horses to the contrast slider and fired a rifle

Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    Yes first and second gen are americans but your ideals may not be american. Fuck some dont even learn english. They want american rights with thier old contries ideals. I dont get why all i see when these posts come up are the sad cdimes of a shitty situation against some dumb teen who provoked someone. Yes what happened is tragically dumb but this happen when people raised thier kids right with discipline and respect. Kids today dont respect anyone but themselves and make these situations happen. Raise your kids right. Yes there can be physical consequences for your actions. Its tragic and not right that this happened but my kids know not to do stupid shit like this because there are consequences for being a dumb little shit. Kids desrved a beating more than likely not being shot though. W
    I'm a first generation American from Nigeria and I think my ideals are American. Everyone I know treated me like one of their own as soon as I moved here and everyone has been friendly to me, but I know what you mean. I wouldnt like it if people moved to your country and didnt respect the culture.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im brazilian and never held a gun, or seen it in hands of other people than cops.

and if 75% of the people of the USA dont know shit about guns why you guys sell that sterotype so strong overseas ? Of all americans Ive met only the women were 'meh' about guns.
    We don't sell anything. The media does. I love how ignorant of this country you are and have the nerve to call us out on stereotypes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

10+ Year Old Account
    As usual, I'm late to this party, but if this "self-defense" case goes to trial with any form of rational jury, Dunn's going to jail. Here's why:
    -- the victim was inside the vehicle, and Dunn was not. Dunn was at no risk from being, to use game terms, melee attacked.
    -- the victim was in the back seat. Dunn was in no danger of being run over by the victim.
    -- the victim was unarmed. Dunn was in no danger of being shot, regardless of what he says (see below)
    -- Dunn is claiming he saw a gun barrel and that the teenagers moved to open the door. Since they were arguing, as well as the music being played too loudly, it's safe to assume the windows of the SUV were rolled down. There is no reason to open the door to get out to shoot someone when you can just fire out of the open window.
    -- Dunn is the vice president of a software company. He does not have a license to carry a concealed weapon.
    -- Most state laws, including Florida laws, allow for the transportation of firearms without a permit as long as they are secured and unloaded. Dunn did not leave the argument halfway through, return to the car, and retrieve and load his weapon.
    -- There were four people in the SUV. If Dunn thought he was outnumbered by armed people, leaving his vehicle and walking out into the open to get within conversation to start an argument over music is terminally stupid. If he thought they were unarmed, and he knew he was armed, he should not have felt threatened.
    -- There were four people in the SUV, of which, only one was hit (and killed). Dunn was within conversation range of the vehicle and fired between seven and nine times. I have never discharged a firearm in my life, but I think the term "broadside of a barn" applies here. I'm fairly sure I would have injured at least two of the four people if I fired nine shots into a fully-loaded car at point-blank range. If Dunn thought he was in danger from one of the occupants, surely he should have been worried about all of them, especially if he thought they were gang members (see below). The fact that he, a gun enthusiast, missed all three other people implies he wasn't firing at them at all.
    -- Dunn claims he left the scene in fear of gang revenge violence, rather than calling the police. If I thought I was about to be the victim of gang violence, I can't think of a better time to be surrounded by armed police officers. Or, just about as good, back at his hotel, THEN surrounded by armed police officers. Or almost as good, 170 miles away in his home, THEN surrounded by armed police officers. Dunn never called the police at any location.
    -- His girlfriend and/or his son are talking to the police. This is the son whose wedding he was attending, and the date who felt seriously enough about him to attend this wedding. At least one of these people feels strongly enough that he did the wrong thing that they're choosing the side of law and common sense over familial/romantic loyalties. When someone who knows you and loves you isn't taking your side against people you call gang members, you know you're in trouble.

And here is why I think he won't get convicted:
    -- the victim is black. The shooter is white. The state is Florida.

Im brazilian and never held a gun, or seen it in hands of other people than cops.

and if 75% of the people of the USA dont know shit about guns why you guys sell that sterotype so strong overseas ? Of all americans Ive met only the women were 'meh' about guns.
    you'll find more people who fit racial stereotypes than people who know anything about guns. i'm not a gun expert. i couldn't pick up and load any gun without looking at it first and i'm sure there are some i couldn't even fucking load. my brother is the only reason i know anything about guns and at first, when i was in my mid 20s, i just wasn't comfortable with him open carrying around me and my kid. even made him leave that shit at home the first time. that's a pretty normal response. now i'm more comfortable with it because i'm older and been around it more, more educated, but most americans will straight up fucking lie about what they know about guns, especially guys, because it's almost a rite of passage to hunt or own a gun for some folks, especially the SE USA. but trust me, most people's experience with guns isn't any different than your country's experience and if anything, the shot a 4-10 once or something.

when it comes to stuff like guns, cars, etc, women are a better gauge of the general population than men, because men will lie about what they know to fit in.

Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    The problem is that it IS a major part of the culture, that people see it as their right, and that people like you think 4 in 100k was low.
    4/100k is low no matter which way you spin it. Should we ban alcohol because that causes more deaths than guns?

---------- Post added 2012-11-28 at 03:00 PM ----------

http://www.gallup.com/poll/150341/re...ndgun-ban.aspx

"From my personal experience and for the few Americans I have met, I was told that a lot of Americans know a lot about guns and are enthusiasts of said object. They implied that in America you can own guns and carry it around (in some states), making me believe that its a normal everyday thing to all Americans."

Is that any better ? Well, Im off.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you don't know about an essential part of your body? That is kinda sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Nos View Post
    And he proves his maturity in a response to using stereotypes by making a gay joke!

That one's going to be hard come back against, Bob.
    I was using it an example. I really don't see what's so bad. He is using baseless stereotypes on things he knows absolutely nothing about to bash, call out, or whatever you want to call it, an entire country. When he admittedly knows nothing about it. I bet he knows as much about my country as I do about his.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    Sorry didn't go through the whole list of facts, it's too boring for me.

The article is kinda biased since he just states that violent crimes have been decreasing. But there are many other factors that can influence that. And instead of everyone having guns to protect themselves you could spend all that money in other more secure ways to protect civillians I guess.

I am not saying USA gun rights don't have positive effects but claiming they don't have negative effects like some people do here that's just naive.
    If I was able to buy a gun here as easily as in the USA I wouldn't feel the need for it at all. Maybe there is just so much more crime in the USA? Or I live in an extremely peacefull city? I don't feel a need for them either when I am in Amsterdam.
    Thats true, but it does show that guns dont have to mean increased crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Raidenx View Post
    I'm a first generation American from Nigeria and I think my ideals are American. Everyone I know treated me like one of their own as soon as I moved here and everyone has been friendly to me, but I know what you mean. I wouldnt like it if people moved to your country and didnt respect the culture.
    at this point though, this country IS a melting pot and the only one on earth really. the USA is far more accepting of EVERYONE else than other places. a lot of EU countries are openly racist against a lot of africans and muslims and can say/do shit that would never fly here

i'm in the SE USA, the "part of america time left behind" where 100 year old ideals are still pretty prevalent on the surface, and i just really don't see a big deal with immigrants bringing a little of their home with them. yeah they should have to learn english since it's our official language now, but other than that, i really don't think most people care

just not a real issue like it is in other place

The situation is asinine.

Like he didn't know the kids would refuse to turn down the music? He didn't know that things where probably going to escalate? Is this a joke?

He went looking for trouble, pretty obvious he knew what he was doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    Love the it was americans who attacked the natives crap. Thats 400 years ago and so you know it was the europeans who attacked the natives. My family has been here since the may flower. To me an american blue blood is pre world war 2 deep. So basically post irish and italian immigration where the ideal was to blend into american society npt bring your third world ideals here. America lost its way when it changed from blend to our society to well blend to yours.
    90% of natives died before the British pilgrims came, and Most natives then were killed when Americans were still technically British. If anyone gets blame, they should share it.

"From my personal experience and for the few Americans I have met, I was told that a lot of Americans know a lot about guns and are enthusiasts of said object. They implied that in America you can own guns and carry it around (in some states), making me believe that its a normal everyday thing to all Americans."

Is that any better ? Well, Im off.
    look man, we're just saying you're completely fucking wrong about what you THOUGHT americans know about guns in general. we don't.

let me ask you this, a BR stereotype is that you're all fucking idiots when it comes to wow. is that true? of course not but it's as true as the stereotype you're buying into

Deleted
    I'm from the UK, so I don't have a great knowledge of the gun laws in the US but to say "a criminal may have a gun, so I must have a gun on the off chance said criminal may have a gun" is just crazy in my eyes.

That said, this is something that is ingrained in culture, and there would be a SHITSTORM brewing if there was an attempt to remove guns from hands in the US.

It's a vicious cycle - access to guns is easier, so said criminals would more likely have access to said guns, so the populace - who are now living in fear of said gun wielding criminals feel the need to have bigger and more powerful weaponry to repel them if said criminal even plays music too loudly.

It's a mess, and it will always be this way imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post
    The situation is asinine.

Like he didn't know the kids would refuse to turn down the music? He didn't know that things where probably going to escalate? Is this a joke?

he just wasn't scared to put himself in that situation though. people who value life over pride don't say shit to anyone anyway, they're terrified. some people value pride more.

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    when it comes to stuff like guns, cars, etc, women are a better gauge of the general population than men, because men will lie about what they know to fit in.
    And thats what I was thinking would be the case. Thank you.