Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

demonic gateway in raid, are you allowed to use it?

i thought the gateway could be helpfull on some bossefights so i set it on Blade Lord Ta'yak to help with the tornados and on Emperor's Open Hand with the 'courage' mop to get from one side of the room to the other, but may raidleader told me not to use the gateway because ppl would accidently step into it..

do you use the gateway on bossfights? what does your raidleader think about it?

We often ask our warlock to place it, there's little disadvantage to it especially now that in 5.1 it is impossible to trigger by accident.

What Imnick said is right. In 5.1 you have to click on it to port, so you can't walk through it. I did have some fun times with my guild though before 5.1

Another amazing use for it is Sha of Anger in terrace. You can position them to go from the safe cone zone, to out past where the adds will spawn. We had 2 locks including me tonight and it made those adds go down amazingly fast. Was very useful. There are some other somewhat useful ways to use the gate, but a lot of raid leaders are reluctant and worried to let us use it I think, lol.

Like I ever listen to the whines of the victims ... oops, f****ing gateway. It's crap when all your charges are gone and you have to walk while half the raid is already there.

Useful esp on vizier and sha of fear. Now it will actually work on sha if it won't despawn when being ported to platforms.

Quote Originally Posted by dakalro View Post
    Like I ever listen to the whines of the victims ... oops, f****ing gateway. It's crap when all your charges are gone and you have to walk while half the raid is already there.

Useful esp on vizier and sha of fear. Now it will actually work on sha if it won't despawn when being ported to platforms.
    It does not despawn. Can confirm that. I think with 5.1 changes they removed it disappearing from range.

When I tried using it on Imperial Vizier Zor'lok it seemed to cause him to spawn those safe-zone bubbles in the middle of the room (in the gas).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maldora View Post
    i thought the gateway could be helpfull on some bossefights so i set it on Blade Lord Ta'yak to help with the tornados and on Emperor's Open Hand with the 'courage' mop to get from one side of the room to the other, but may raidleader told me not to use the gateway because ppl would accidently step into it..

do you use the gateway on bossfights? what does your raidleader think about it?
    Before 5.1 I could only use it on the first boss in Heart of Fear so the group could quickly jump across the poisoned floor when switching platform. On the rest however they felt people ran into them accidentally too much or were knocked into them, so I wasn't allowed to use it.

Now however, if they somehow "accidentally" teleport by right clicking it, it's their own bloody fault so I can use it as I please.

Before 5.1 in my guild we're allowed only to use it on Stone Guards Hc to reach tiles more quick, but RNG sucks and you can step in a trap, if you don't watch to the floor where gateway is. On Elegon to position on the center of the room, after we have down the pillars. At Zorlok our raid leader don't want we use them because he rather have tank there before all dps, to don't aggro boss.

Perhaps i try on Sha of Fear, but for now teleport it's doing all my job there. I might ask if we're allowed to pop gateway there to help kill adds more quickly.

Deleted
    on zorlok i udsed the gateway between the first two platforms and everytime we switched platforsm through the gate, somehow one person of the raid got a onehit from the boss, so i was forbidden to use it, i think it is bugged

Deleted
    Its a good idea from Blizzards end but I dont think it works very well, at least from my experience.

Pre 5.1 the only fight I was allowed to use it was on the first boss in HoF. I'd set it up before the pull for the tank and healers to rapidly bypass the first gas transition. Before that I was putting it up in MSV and my guild had a feral druid who would make it a point to run through the portal and either get zoned out or would zone in early and pull the boss, even if I put the gate in a corner. Either way I felt it worked fine, just needed to not despawn if I moved away from either end.

Deleted
    on zorlok i udsed the gateway between the first two platforms and everytime we switched platforsm through the gate, somehow one person of the raid got a onehit from the boss, so i was forbidden to use it, i think it is bugged
    Jumping through the portal makes the jumper immune to aggro for a few secs. If the tank jumps...

When I tried using it on Imperial Vizier Zor'lok it seemed to cause him to spawn those safe-zone bubbles in the middle of the room (in the gas).
    Nay, it's not that. There's a different bug at play - if you wipe on the last phase he sometimes fails to reset and still thinks he should pop his bubbles in the middle. Then you wipe, he resets and all is right with the world.

Clicking it is to much, i am going to be glyphing it, if people are dumb enough to run through it, not my problem. It would be nice if there was an extra graphic to show the raid that it is glyphed,

Quote Originally Posted by Personal View Post
    It would be nice if there was an extra graphic to show the raid that it is glyphed,
    You mean like the cogwheel you get when you mouse over it. Only clickers wont know because there mouse isnt over combat its on tehir spells.

Zor'lok is the only fight we've used it on where it's amazing. Haven't found it very useful on other fights.

Quote Originally Posted by David Cavalheiro View Post
    Perhaps i try on Sha of Fear, but for now teleport it's doing all my job there. I might ask if we're allowed to pop gateway there to help kill adds more quickly.
    It works amazing. Our kill on Sha of Fear was almost 4 minutes faster this week, obviously not all in part due to the portal, but a lot of it had to do with this. Just have ranged dps stack around the gate(s), then soon as it is safe to go, take gate. Before breath, or when add dies, all they do is right click again... no moving involved whatsoever.

Cool idea, but a failure. I think they should have given us a raid demonic port. Everyone will get an action button, click it, and teleport to the destination.

Deleted
    I've only been using it for adds in sha, zorlok left<=>right, and tayak (one side on the safe point for P2).

I would try to use it but everyone kept complaining about walking into it so I stopped. Now that they have to click it I put it down because I can.

Our guild did Sha of Fear on tuesday and the gateways became non-interactable objects whenever the owner of the gateway was cackled to a shrine. First wipe we discovered it, second wipe we did for science to confirm it, so we just stopped using them. However works on every other fight except elegons platform and on some fights glyph it (stone guard, feng, blade lord)
    Last edited by Fanatik; 2012-11-29 at 11:31 AM.