Deleted

[resto] Item upgrades.

What items are you guys going to upgrade first? Just a bit curious to see what you guys are thinking.

I got a bit surprised that the Darkmoon card trinkets are upgradable.

It is a bit tricky.

I am going to concentrate on my gear that won't be replaced for a long time. So I will probably start with my 496 T14 gloves and 496 chest.

I would be interested to see if I should be upgrading my Darkmoon trinket. I have that plus the 489 Jade Courrtesan Figurine. The new faction is also going to open up a good 496 healing trinket, so maybe best to wait for that.

When I get the Sh Touched weapon I want - then I will also look to upgrade that.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    - Item that is BiS.
    - Item with high iLVL.
    - Item with high Item-Budget. (for example Chest > Bracers)
    - Item that won't get replaced soon. ( ~ 2/3 Weeks )
    Last edited by shiq; 2012-11-28 at 04:01 PM.
    Ehrmantraut | Vamonos | Shiq | Bolg
    EU - Blackmoore

Quote Originally Posted by shiq View Post
    While upgrading your sha touched lfr weapon seems smart u should first upgrade an item with more Item-Budget (Chest or Legs for example).
    What? Upgrading Kri'tak LFR from 483 to 491 gives:
    +54 Stam, +36 Int, +49 Spi, +23 Crit, +480 SP

Upgrading T14 Chest from 496 to 504 gives:
    +142 Stam, +79 Int, +57 Spi, +50 Haste.

I'd say upgrading the LFR weapon is vastly superior. (Values from wowdb.com)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalur View Post
    What? Upgrading Kri'tak LFR from 483 to 491 gives:
    +54 Stam, +36 Int, +49 Spi, +23 Crit, +480 SP

Upgrading T14 Chest from 496 to 504 gives:
    +142 Stam, +79 Int, +57 Spi, +50 Haste.

I'd say upgrading the LFR weapon is vastly superior. (Values from wowdb.com)
    Sure, but if you upgrade that weapon in a few weeks that's a loss of VP.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

It may seem odd, but if you aren't upgrading your weapon due to impending upgrade (like me), darkmoon card is a solid choice because the only upgrade is heroic spirits of the sun from one of the harder bosses in the game (heroic tsulong). Everything else I have equipped (491 ilevel) could be replaced at any moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunfyre View Post
    Sure, but if you upgrade that weapon in a few weeks that's a loss of VP.
    True, but speaking from my guild's perspective, there are people that still need a weapon upgrade. Think I've seen 2 normal Will maces drop and Ambershaper is being a jerk. I'm more than happy I got the sha-touched mace from LFR and it was the first thing I upgraded solely for the SP boost. Once I get enough valor, I'll fully upgrade my heroic stoneguard belt then pretty much have nothing to spend for the next 4 or so weeks.

I upgraded my heroic items first because I didn't have a weapon. I feel like upgrading the weapon is the most important only because of the amount of stats that get increased from the huge amount of valor. You're looking at 1 upgrade a week with an extra one every month so you gotta choose stuff that you'll keep for awhile. I'll be surprised if someone manages to ever achieve best in slot with this new feature.

Deleted
    I wonder if anyone did any math on what the trinkets will be looking like with item upgrading them? In terms of MP5 returns etc.

---------- Post added 2012-11-29 at 01:12 PM ----------

I asked the same on the EJ forums and here's what someone came up with based on wowhead data.

http://elitistjerks.com/f73/t130799-...6/#post2226280