Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Acquiesce of Telara View Post
    At least one other person on this forum had considered doing the same thing.
    I wonder who...

I'm a web developer, but spending far too much time playing RIFT and (not) looking for a job atm to be doing any unpaid work. Except for my own little hobby sites. I just made a Mage Gear List site btw, that you may like Seatin.

Also, didn't you pay someone rather a lot of plat ingame to have riftguru made for you? What happened to that?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    I like this site its straight to the point, spent about 10 minutes on it looking at BiS gear

Deleted
    Just thought I'd do a quick update, the amount of response I got for people who want to be involved in this project was unreal!. Spent about 4 hours discussing idea's and making first steps to the site creation over mumble last night with a few people who read MMO champion but most of you will not know as they are self proclaimed 'lurkers' ^^,

We have set a few targets~
    • Basic version of the site up and running by mid-December
    • Mid-December through to the new year, work on adding content to the site and making it the RIFT 'Font of all knowledge'
    • Very early January throw a massive promotional launch, with competitions, giveaways, livestreams and loads of fun community stuff, We plan to giveaway not only Ingame items such as Helm of the Demon Lord, Dwarven Smithy Goggles and Hooty. but also real life 'swag' such as I acquired a massive heap of awesome RIFT T-shirts, Beanie hats and other stuff!

I recieved a lot of emails and also posts here about being Moderations and also contributing guides, which I will contact you when I have a bit more information on the quantity of people we will need, I will also shortly produce a list of content that we need additional people to write and then we can assign people to who writes what etc, and have myself obviously have a look over it all to make sure we have good quality guides with consistency ^^

Thank you ALL for your support guys, I really do appreciate it!

Also if you have a very particular set of skills or know someone that does and still want to get involved do not hesistate to contact me via PM or Email!
    Last edited by mmoc318c19303a; 2012-11-30 at 12:19 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post
    Just thought I'd do a quick update, the amount of response I got for people who want to be involved in this project was unreal!. Spent about 4 hours discussing idea's and making first steps to the site creation over mumble last night with a few people who read MMO champion but most of you will not know as they are self proclaimed 'lurkers' ^^,

• Mid-December through to the new year, work on adding content to the site and making it the RIFT 'Font of all knowledge'
    • Very early January throw a massive promotional launch, with competitions, giveaways, livestreams and loads of fun community stuff, We plan to giveaway not only Ingame items such as Helm of the Demon Lord, Dwarven Smithy Goggles and Hooty. but also real life 'swag' such as I acquired a massive heap of awesome RIFT T-shirts, Beanie hats and other stuff!

I recieved a lot of emails and also posts here about being Moderations and also contributing guides, which I will contact you when I have a bit more information on the quantity of people we will need, I will also shortly produce a list of content that we need additional people to write and then we can assign people to who writes what etc, and have myself obviously have a look over it all to make sure we have good quality guides with consistency ^^

This is fantastic to hear, i really look forward to seeing the finished site!

Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post

Also if you have a very particular set of skills or know someone that does and still want to get involved do not hesistate to contact me via PM or Email!
    Wohoo, this sounds really great; looking forward to mid-december.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    I just made a Mage Gear List site btw, that you may like Seatin.
    Nice, simple and to the point, would be nice if the items had links but with the lack of universal good DB site I can see why it's not.

Ahzrius' Devlish Scalpel and Empyreal Hero's Tomb makes a set btw, the former drops in Archive of last boss.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    america has a typing class.

thats it

O.o
    Not sure where you went to school but we had more than a typing class here.

I would love to help out. I actually made this account to try to contact who ever is in charge! I found out though I needed 10 posts to message them. I have some background in web development and I would love to write some guides or anything I can do to help. I also live with a close friend who is amazing at photoshop who would be willing to help!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloDerr90 View Post
    I would love to help out. I actually made this account to try to contact who ever is in charge! I found out though I needed 10 posts to message them. I have some background in web development and I would love to write some guides or anything I can do to help. I also live with a close friend who is amazing at photoshop who would be willing to help!
    Sent you an inbox, if you can't reply feel free to email me, it's on the initial post =)

Seatinmanoflegends@gmail.com

Definitely keep me posted guys - good luck and looking forward to see what yall come up with, happy to support another outstanding RIFT resource
    James "Elrar" Nichols
    Former Community Manager
    Trion Worlds, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar-Trion View Post
    Definitely keep me posted guys - good luck and looking forward to see what yall come up with, happy to support another outstanding RIFT resource
    Oh shit, Elrar just offered to be a mole! Looks like Rift Guru has it's very own Deep Throat insider now!

That's obviously what you were saying, right buddy?

Deleted
    Just thought I'd give you an update for anyone that is currently interested, we are currently firing on all Cylinders and hopefully we sould have an Un-official launch next Wednesday on the 19th, I've really appreciated everyone's input that I have had time to sit down and have a skype call/mumble chat with and I think that we are looking like we are off to a cracking start, when the site launches of Wednesday the 19th the design side will hopefully be finished, but the content will not yet be fully complete, from then until the new year, we will work on adding in content, polishing off the site and making it the 'font of all knowledge'.

so between the 19th to the new year will be classified as the 'Beta' period, shortly after the beta initially launches around the 21st-23rd I will host a massive roundtable, which I will openly invite anyone and everyone who wants to join to come onto either a Mumble or TS server, during this time you can ask questions, make suggestions and join in on a community discussion of the sites growth and expansion. While also doing some sort of enjoyable activity (maybe all copying our characters to PTS, having a few drinks and bashing away at Akylios, I am not to sure yet) I will make a seperate post about this giving a lot more information next week.

Also I've recieved tons of emails about being moderation, which is awesome, sorry If I haven't replied to any of your emails yet, but rest assured I've got all of your names listed and contact details, so I will contact you when I have a clearer idea of what I will be needing.

Once again if you wish to get involved and have a particular set of skills, quite interested in artists at this current point in time, but if you have skills in any area revolved around this project feel free to shoot me a PM @ Seatinmanoflegends@gmail.com

Thank you for all your continued support, the current volunteer emails I've recieved currently stands at a whopping 37!

Oh and as well, for all you social networking nerds, we've also set up a Facebook page, feel free to like and join in! https://www.facebook.com/RiftGuru
    Last edited by mmoc318c19303a; 2012-12-11 at 11:55 AM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Liked the Facebook page and can't wait to see this thing go live!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Liked the Facebook page and can't wait to see this thing go live!
    Thank you as always for the support Deltrus and yes I'm sure you will be one of the first to be informed about the launch :P