5.1 Wrathguard PROBLEM

Like the title states, my Wrathguard has a huge problem with his Mortal Cleave... He only uses it every 5 seconds exactly when the Mortal Strike debuff fades... I mean... what...?! My pet always has more than 140 energy, and always uses the Mortal Cleave on 200 energy (roughly 5 seconds after he uses it, when the MS debuff fades)... The Felguard is working fine, just like before, it can spam a few Legion Strikes untill he is out of energy, but the Wrathguard is not... The only way of using the Mortal Cleave one after another is by clicking on the Mortal Cleave on the pet ability bar... WTF?!

10+ Year Old Account
    You can macro the ability, I'm not 100% sure but as with Meta based abilities you might have to use the 'regular' Legion Strike name in the macro rather than 'Mortal Cleave' to activate it.

Deleted
    I think this was done on purpose so your Wrathguard always has enough energy to use Wrathstorm and Pursuit on command?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    I think this was done on purpose so your Wrathguard always has enough energy to use Wrathstorm and Pursuit on command?
    That's the theory, but you should also be able to macro spam it for burst.

The Felguard is working properly, like it should and like it was working before patch, only the Wrathguard seems to have this issue, so I highly doubt that was done on purpose...

It's most likely a bug wich will probably get fixed in like half year like always, since no one noticed it and even if it gets reported... it's Blizzard that we're talking about...

Why would I ever want to macro something that should work in a totally different way... uh, I'm so annoyed about this... Like, the auras were totally obliterated wich were a major thing, probably the top thing why Demo was so good in PvP before, now this... Main reasons I enjoyed Demo so much were the auras and pet damage (wrathguard)....

Felgard/Wrath is wasting energy not doing enough Mortal Cleave

Iam observing this now, dunno if its a new bug but the bugger its just wasting energy maybe because of server lag there is periods of time where he is at capped Energy without doing the Mortal Cleave.

But this doesnt happen everytime sometimes he just pools energy for Felstorm(sometimes not even that), most of the times he just doesn't do enough Mortal cleaves so the energy doesnt cap.

Seems when this behaviour happens he just Mortal cleave keeps the healing debuff up and this is good in PVP but not in PVE becuase damage gets wasted

Yes this can be worked arround by macroing, but they made pets with energy to prevent this behavior.

He should be more agreesive with Mortal Cleaving and only pool energy for Felstorm

Does this happen even with Felstorm on CD? Or is this only when FS is off CD?
    Gamer, Nerd, Physicist. What more could you want?! Well fine, I have a youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/shaidyadvice and a stream: www.twitch.tv/shaidyadvice I'm currently spending my free time with the fine fellows and ladies over at Death and Taxes.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ght=wrathguard

I noticed this since 1st day of 5.1. It's only for Wrathguard, Felguard works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogdan View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ght=wrathguard

I noticed this since 1st day of 5.1. It's only for Wrathguard, Felguard works fine.
    Sorry didnt noticed your thread, I havent tested Felguard cause I barely use I prefer Wrath since I got 4set bonus, this is getting annoying may go back to Service.

Just noticed your threat, Mods please merge since this one its the older one.

Its annoying and its DPS lost, and yeh the same behaviour you describe I get it aswell, he just wants to keep the healing debuff up BUT that means he gets energy capped and wasted energy that otherwise could had gone to extra Mortal Cleaves.

Both do this to some extend, but what the OP described and I now just realized is just plain energy capping and therefore wasted DPS and fury gains.

Someone from US could report a bug, EU forum is worthless, this is easy reproduced just sent the Wrathguard to a target and watch him only doing the Mortal cleave X seconds and getting capped in energy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    Just noticed your threat, Mods please merge since this one its the older one.
    Done.

On topic: I don't have a Demo spec to check it right now, but I believe you guys. Best you can do is at least use the in-game bug report feature to report it, it's simple and will at least mean they have had reports about it they can't ignore (going by the assumption that Blizz don't read class forums for bugs, which I personally don't believe)

EDIT: meaning that if enough warlocks make a bug report like that I think it's highly likely they'll look at it.

The only way is to bind Mortal Cleave, wich is pretty abnoxious in PvP when you use CDs, you need to smash the key bind a few times to maximize the pet's damage while under the effect of CDs, really annoying... The only way it could work smoothly is if you have a mouse with more than the normal buttons (wich I don't) so you can use the keyboard for your own abilities and the mouse bind for the pet's Mortal Cleave... The only "good" thing about binding this is that you fire those Mortal Cleaves way faster by spamming the key bind than the game used to do it before this bug... Under no circumstances I agree to this tho, it needs to be fixed...