Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Current Child Care System Unfair

So I have a friend that has just been ordered to pay child support. While I agree that it is necessary for both parents to be financially responsible for their kids, the way it is done now is asinine and unfair. I do not think the amount someone should pay should be based on their income. It costs the same amount of money to pay for clothing and food and other essentials to raise a kid for most everyone in a given area. I think there should be a formula that figures out what it costs to raise a kid in each city and every person who has to pay child support should be paying the SAME. Im tired of seeing child support being used as a punitive measure against a man by the vindictive ex wife who wants to make his life as much of a living hell as she can just because the marriage didnt work out. Its definitely not fair when someone like my friend has to pay $1000 a month and if his neighbor was Peyton Manning Peyton would have to pay 550,000 dollars a month just because he makes more even though things cost the same for the kid. You know most of that money isnt going to the kid, but its going to fund the ex-wife's extravagant lifestyle.

I believe they should make a law that normalizes payments for everyone in each city so that its fair and everyone pays the same. The money is supposed to go to the kid and NOT fund the other parent's lifestyle. Lifestyle shouldnt be figured into the payment anyway. IF you want to live the same lifestyle then dont get a divorce or have a kid while unmarried. Things like rent and utilities also should not be figured into child support because the mother would already paying those bills whether she has a kid or not.

Utah is starting to be more fair as they require records of every dollar of child care spent and what it was spent on.

Also custody is unfair as well. the father NEVER gets custody no matter how great of a father he is unless the mother is found as unfit to be a mother because she is in jail or on crack or something and even then sometimes the mother gets custody. That is BS as well.

As far as Alimony goes, it should be totally eliminated. You want money? then work for it like everyone else or find some other sugar daddy to pay for your crap.

Deleted
    And why do you post this on a wow forum?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    What point don't you get? Female need even more rights..

They want to be equal to us men, sadly their rights surpass ours. Feminists..

I'm sure the judiciary scour wow websites daily looking for ideas on reforming the alimony system.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    I'm sure the judiciary scour wow websites daily looking for ideas on reforming the alimony system.
    It was posted in wrong section, but don't make such a big deal

Deleted
    Shit like this makes me thankful to the creator for making me gay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    And why do you post this on a wow forum?
    Its in the off topic section

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Its in the off topic section
    It was changed, it was originally in WoW-> general

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    It was changed, it was originally in WoW-> general
    My mistake then. I thought I was in OT

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    So I have a friend that has just been ordered to pay child support. While I agree that it is necessary for both parents to be financially responsible for their kids, the way it is done now is asinine and unfair. I do not think the amount someone should pay should be based on their income. It costs the same amount of money to pay for clothing and food and other essentials to raise a kid for most everyone in a given area.
    While I don't think the current system is generally very good, this is stupid. If you're raising a child, you're not carefully calculating how much money you spend on the child based on some "formula". You're going to be spending money on your child based on what you can afford with your income. Same thing with child support. It's still your child even if the other parent has custody - and on this note, joint custody should be used more often.

I believe they should make a law that normalizes payments for everyone in each city so that its fair and everyone pays the same. The money is supposed to go to the kid and NOT fund the other parent's lifestyle.
    How do you know it won't go to the child?

As far as Alimony goes, it should be totally eliminated. You want money? then work for it like everyone else or find some other sugar daddy to pay for your crap.
    Yeah because if a partner stays at home to raise the kids, that totally doesn't screw them over if their working partner decides to split.

---------- Post added 2012-12-01 at 03:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    What point don't you get? Female need even more rights..

They want to be equal to us men, sadly their rights surpass ours. Feminists..
    And what right is that? Child support and alimony payments are not specific to women. If a woman is the primary income earner than she'll be the one paying - contrary to what the anti-feminist crowd likes to delude itself into thinking just so it can perpetuate their male victim complex.

http://unicornbooty.com/blog/2011/11...to-her-rapist/
    Last edited by semaphore; 2012-12-01 at 03:46 PM.

Statistical fact is women gets to keep the child more often in a case of divorce.

Why? Because people aren't equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Thes View Post
    Statistical fact is women gets to keep the child more often in a case of divorce.
    Yes, and women are also the primary caregiver more often.

---------- Post added 2012-12-01 at 03:52 PM ----------

The average married father spends 6.5 hours a week taking care of a child, versus 12.9 hours by the average married mother.

Yeah it's like courts prefer to award custody to the parent that spends more time caring for the child. Shockingly sexist, right?

Yes. Now I can't sleep at night. System is unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by Thes View Post
    Yes. Now I can't sleep at night. System is unfair.
    It'd be nice if you can come up with any evidence that it is unfair, but I know that'd be expecting too much.

Deleted
    I totally agree, child support should be based upon a certain fixed sum that gets adjusted based on living costs of the geographic region in question.
    I can guarantee that for example OPs mentioned 500k child support doesn't go for the child, massive majority of it goes maintaining a trophy wives lifestyle.

On the topic of custody being awarded to women most of the time even in cases where the man would be just as capable of taking care of the child is one of the reasons that makes me furious for mens rights. Fathers should have equal opportunity to get custody of their children as their mothers, unless we're talking about an infant in breastfeeding age.
    Last edited by mmoc68224f08ff; 2012-12-01 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    It'd be nice if you can come up with any evidence that it is unfair, but I know that'd be expecting too much.
    I never expected to get my provocative post quoted in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    I can guarantee that for example OPs mentioned 500k child support doesn't go for the child, massive majority of it goes maintaining a trophy wives lifestyle.
    Pretty sure that's a completely BS example he just made up. Like seriously, 550k in child support per month?

On the topic of custody being awarded to women most of the time even in cases where the man would be just as capable of taking care of the child is one of the reasons that makes me furious for mens rights. Fathers should have equal opportunity to get custody of their children as their mothers, unless we're talking about an infant in breastfeeding age.
    What cases are these? Do you have evidence that this is a widespread trend?
    Again, the mother take care of children almost twice as much as the father on average. Statistically speaking it stands to reason for mothers to win custody much more often. An accusation of actual bias has to be backed up by something more specific than that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    Pretty sure that's a completely BS example he just made up. Like seriously, 550k in child support per month?

What cases are these? Do you have evidence that this is a widespread trend?
    Again, the mother take care of children almost twice as much as the father on average. Statistically speaking it stands to reason for mothers to win custody much more often. An accusation of actual bias has to be backed up by something more specific than that.
    Aren't the statistics that argue the case for women getting custody also a result of women generally getting custody?

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Lol, had to read this twice but that was good stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Reqq View Post
    Aren't the statistics that argue the case for women getting custody also a result of women generally getting custody?
    Not the ones I used. If mothers took care of the child twice as much as fathers before the divorce, then how is that a result of the divorce (and custody)?