Are we sure the end result is green fire?

As the title says. I know when this epic questline was datamined it was assumed it would result in locks getting green fire. If I'm not mistaken, this belief stemmed from a dialogue with a green fire reference. I'm also aware of the Twitter post that stated "The warlock "green fire" questline has been moved to 5.2.

With that being said, many warlocks have taken both occurrences as proof that green fire will be the end result. However, neither reference is a confirmation. The Twitter post merely refers to the questline in a way that many in the lock community already do.

The more I think about it, the less logical green fire seems as a reward for this questline. Why go through the trouble of creating this epic questline when the end result is something that will be used extensivly by one spec, by one spell of another spec and never used by the third spec. That is a lot of time and resources invested for something that 2/3s of the class the questline was designed for will see little to no use for. With this understood, it would have been far more logical and simple to create a minor glyph, "Glyph of Fel Corruption".

Perhaps this is wishful thinking but it would make more sense to reward us with a class specific flying mount. Maybe a green fire flying dreadsteed. Something that all warlocks could use and appreciate. This could open the door for future patches to also provide other classes with their own questline that rewards flying mounts.

Just my two cents

Because green fire has been asked for, for a long time so they wanted an epic way to implant it (blue post somewhere referencing it)

Quote Originally Posted by BossManRoth View Post
    Quoting a twitter reference to "green fire" questline hardly constitutes a confirmation that this is the end result when you can clearly read the designer note listed on http://www.wowdb.com/spells/101508-the-codex-of-xerrath . Could this twitter post be a confirmation? Sure. Could this Twitter post be a tongue in cheek reference. Yup.

Deleted
    In the context of the OP'S points - no one knows for certain.
    But a lot of the prev evidence has suggested it will be Green fire as to why its not a Glyph, ive def seen some posts that developer's wanted to give it a more epic feel.
    I'm just glad we're getting this love and attention though, only thing is a lot of of us might be changing to destro purely to see the Green fire !

Quote Originally Posted by Jayra View Post
    Quoting a twitter reference to "green fire" questline hardly constitutes a confirmation that this is the end result when you can clearly read the designer note listed on http://www.wowdb.com/spells/101508-the-codex-of-xerrath . Could this twitter post be a confirmation? Sure. Could this Twitter post be a tongue in cheek reference. Yup.
    You can't be 'sure' of anything until it's released. There are a ton of different official references to possible green fire at the end of the quest chain. There are 0 references to a glyph or a flying mount or whatever else. What do you want from us? Do you just want us to agree that your idea that there could be flying Warlock Mounts instead is a pretty cool one? What a pointless thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustjive View Post
    You can't be 'sure' of anything until it's released. There are a ton of different official references to possible green fire at the end of the quest chain. There are 0 references to a glyph or a flying mount or whatever else. What do you want from us? Do you just want us to agree that your idea that there could be flying Warlock Mounts instead is a pretty cool one? What a pointless thread.
    this. we can't be 100% sure of what the reward is until it's done, but our best bet is green fire since a dev called it the "Warlock 'Green Fire' quest line".

maybe they'll give us the choice between green fire, purple fire or normal fire. maybe they'll also give us a flying dreadsteed along with green fire, or maybe they'll have us choosing between green fire or a flying dreadsteed. we just don't know.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayra View Post
    Quoting a twitter reference to "green fire" questline hardly constitutes a confirmation that this is the end result.
    so someone saying "green fire" doesnt mean green fire.

Hmm, wonder what they actually mean.
    Be feared, or be fuel

Quote Originally Posted by Junblat View Post
    so someone saying "green fire" doesnt mean green fire.

Hmm, wonder what they actually mean.

'Green' obviously means purple... duh..

" So much lost time... that you'll never get back!"....

Community "We want green FIRE!!!!"
    Blizz "uh ok, we'll take our sweet as time doing it.. but it will be done, maybe"

(community gets green fire)

Community "we want flying DREADSTEADS"
    Blizz "well... we'll look into something like this that might take up a lot of resource but we want to please"

(patch6.99 Flying dreadstead quest)

Community "we want flying META!"
    Blizz "fuck just go back to nerfing warlocks so they can make demands about damage and not vanity stuff"

So we’ve obtained some additional insight about what exactly lies behind the use of the word “hope” in regard to our efforts to achieve green fire for warlocks. Essentially, we want this updated information out so that we can better manage expectations, especially as the announcement created such a flurry of excitement.

Unfortunately, dear warlocks, those of you who retained a modicum of skepticism were right to, as it would seem that the chance of green fire for warlocks is even less as likely as the wording of the original information indicated.

Since spell effects are not as simple to change around as — for example — druid forms are, we need some additional technology implemented in order to allow the use of red or green fire to be a player choice and not a permanent change that is put in place for all warlocks.

Also, technology aside, we want to do the introduction of something like green fire in the right way. Implementing it in “a quest” doesn’t really explain our stance here. We want something as substantial as this change to be an epic accomplishment for you.

So though we have definitely heard your thoughts on the matter, and we’ve explained what we want to do from our side, green fire will not be available with the launch of Mists of Pandaria. And we haven’t a timeframe to commit to, or communicate about, at this stage.

It is with regret that we were unable to clarify these details more when we first mentioned our intent — “our hope” — and we wish we hadn’t caused such excitement and raised expectations for those that didn’t instantly take the news with an “I’ll believe it when I see it” pinch of salt. It seems, as many of us said at the time here and on Twitter and fansites, the proof of the (green fire) pudding really was in the eating.
    eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2986309301?page=4#73

It is coming *soon*. According to Xelnath (Warlock dev) the tech is finished and ready, but they're delaying it to create an epic questline for us to earn it from.

So id say yes. We are sure.
    We dream, we dream.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't give a shit about green fire. Fel Flame and Chaos Bolt are already green. I can't believe they would waste development time on stupid shit like this just so people can have green RoF, Incinerates, and Hellfire. I am 100% sure the novelty will wear off after about 5 seconds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taros View Post
    Don't give a shit about green fire. Fel Flame and Chaos Bolt are already green. I can't believe they would waste development time on stupid shit like this just so people can have green RoF, Incinerates, and Hellfire. I am 100% sure the novelty will wear off after about 5 seconds.
    U mad, affli fanboi? :P

They spend time and resources on the event, not making the actual green spells.

Quote Originally Posted by darlissa View Post
    U mad, affli fanboi? :P

They spend time and resources on the event, not making the actual green spells.
    To be fair, i agree with him. As much as i love the event, i dont think "giving warlocks green fire" is as epic an event as the devs make it out to be.
    Dont get me wrong, i wont look a gift horse in the mouth - extra stuff is extra stuff. However for me the important part of the legendary chain is the gem & the lore. I honestly dont give a tiniest care about the green flame. Because Taros is right - it will be another celestial pony. Fun until you see every other warlock use it.
    We dream, we dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Anakonda View Post
    To be fair, i agree with him. As much as i love the event, i dont think "giving warlocks green fire" is as epic an event as the devs make it out to be.
    Dont get me wrong, i wont look a gift horse in the mouth - extra stuff is extra stuff. However for me the important part of the legendary chain is the gem & the lore. I honestly dont give a tiniest care about the green flame. Because Taros is right - it will be another celestial pony. Fun until you see every other warlock use it.
    I agree that green fire doesn't really need to be introduced in the game through a quest, heck for me getting green fire is epic enough lol. the only thing i disagree on with alot of people is the "shine"or "gimmick" of having green fire going away. I've always wanted it and no matter how many people i see using i won't really get tired of it. then again when this much hype and most importantly work goes into something like this it always builds up animosity or dislike with other people. so again i agree that they could have just added green fire through a glyph or something else but, at least now people who don't want green fire get to enjoy the quests and lore that comes with it and most importantly green fire is gonna be optional even when doing the quest.

There are green warlock spells in the new Domination Point scenario and in the revamped Scholomance instance. Pretty sure its coming for us players soon.

For some people it's going to be a gimmicky vanity thing, but for others it has been a long time coming. As a roleplayer, it excites me quite a bit. It gives another level of dimension to our already amazing class.

It is very obvious at this point that the whole point of the questline will be green fire. There has been a ton of hinting for months, and now we got confirmation from twitter.

Pretty sure they referenced it as the "green fire questline" in one of their tweets. Either a giveaway or a clever troll.