How to fix botting, AND make PvP more balanced.

• Make PvP items only useable in PvP.
    • Make all PvP gear including elite weapons free.
    • Have Honor/Conquest used to unlock unique cool skins similar to challenge modes.
    • No reason to bot anymore, and PvP becomes more balanced!

What do you guys think?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercarcher View Post
    • Have Honor/Conquest used to unlock unique cool skins similar to challenge modes.

What do you guys think?
    I really dispite the fact that players that get rating faster get advantage... and its not like the difference is small.

1) Even if your idea was good, blizzard lead devs are idiots and wouldn't adopt good ideas no matter how obvious...
    2) The correct answer to fixing botting is to ban botters, but that would make the cashcow less of a cashcow in the short term...

Finding ways around a boring tedium of a grind has been around forever. Remember this little trick we used to do in FF6 back when we used to Call its FFIII for SNES

Deleted
    600 rated player talking about PvP

Quote Originally Posted by VelmuVeera View Post
    600 rated player talking about PvP
    Wana come over to GW2? I'll kick your ass.

Deleted
    Wana come over to GW2? I'll kick your ass.
    Sure, if you just buy that game to me first

Quote Originally Posted by VelmuVeera View Post
    Sure, if you just buy that game to me first
    If you were into real MMO PvP you'd already have it.

Deleted
    Yea right. It was very hyped before it got released and I thought about getting it after a few months if it would be good, but the game seems kinda abandoned already now and I didn't like GW1 so I'm not going to buy it. Also WoW PvP has been shit since wotlk for me.

Useable in pvp only means what exactly? So we can't wear pvp gear when fighting others out in the world? What about all this new Krasarang Wilds pvp stuff? No pvp gear for this pvp area, or anyone can wear pvp gear while doing pve stuff in Krasarang because it's a "pvp area"?

It also removes a motivation for a large portion of people to do pvp, which would make queues longer. It would really only leave people who enjoy pvp for pvp's sake doing it, and well, not sure how many people there are like that.

I'm assuming we would still keep the titles and mounts from arena and stuff, considering that's not gear or anything.

I mean, it's not the worst idea ever, but there could easily be some heavy disadvantages.

10+ Year Old Account

What do you guys think?
    I think you should focus on playing Gw2 instead of advocating a different mmo adopting a carbon copy of one aspect.

10+ Year Old Account
    If GW2 PvP is so much better, go play that instead and quit whining.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still say...

-Remove resilience and PvP power
    -Add in a 40% base resistance to player damage
    -Make honor/conquest gear harder to get, but make the gear the same ilvl as JP/Valor stuff.
    -Put a 30% heal 'resistance' to players in PvP environments.

Of course that might make it more broken than it is now.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Byniri View Post
    I still say...

-Remove resilience and PvP power
    -Add in a 40% base resistance to player damage
    -Make honor/conquest gear harder to get, but make the gear the same ilvl as JP/Valor stuff.
    -Put a 30% heal 'resistance' to players in PvP environments.

Of course that might make it more broken than it is now.
    Despite hating resilience in tbc when it came out, i actually think it's a good stat now.

It makes yourself decide if you want to play with more survivability or damage dealing, and also makes pvp gear better than pve gear, which is definately needed if you want any kind of competetive pvp.

What do you guys think?
    It'd be amazing. The issue is, though, that this is an RPG. And in an RPG, there is a de facto character progression via gear or character levels. What you're describing is a 3rd-person pvp-action game, not an RPG. It sounds nice, but it doesn't fit with the genre.

I think we can all agree that PvP in WoW would be better if it were essentially its own game.

Deleted
    This system completely backfired in gw2
    Either the grind for visuals was too short: free tournament token + arcane sliver
    or it was so insanely long for anything decent looking: rank 30+

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hovsa View Post
    2) The correct answer to fixing botting is to ban botters, but that would make the cashcow less of a cashcow in the short term...
    Unfortunately.

At least we won't have to worry about 30+ toon multiboxers on BGs anymore (totally impossible to down even if you had a coordinated team, get within 30 yards to try to kill, all that guy has to do is aim and the team dies like flies -- zero heals to save anyone). That they were allowed in the first place was truly wrong.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

like the idea of free gear for pvp, but i think not many people would run bgs and stuff then, maybe reduce the honor cost to 500 per piece though

10+ Year Old Account
    It wouldn't reduces the amount of bots, you know. People who use bots are the ones who are really, REALLY lazy and will just bot their "cool unique skins".

There are only a few options:
    - Blizzard makes a bot detecting program within WoW
    - Respond more actively to bot reports
    - Give us a legitemate option to kick players from bgs.
    - This has been suggested a lot, and may seem.. stupid, but add a freaking captcha to BG queueing or to entering a BG.

Also IP ban the botters and clean all of their accounts used on that IP. Have a cousin who regularly played on your IP? Tough luck, his account is also whiped xDD

Edit: Another thing that WILL reduce botting is to add a PvP power/resil requirement to queueing for BGs. I honestly doubt many botters will buy full contender gear, and if they do, it will always help a bit.