Canyo you reset encounters with Hand of Salvation now?

Since this removes all threat, can you use it to reset an encounter like when a mage uses Invisibility?

No. It removes threat but doesn't drop you from combat. It is the same as the start of combat before you do anything, which of course doesn't cause a reset or else nothing would ever happen in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneekin View Post
    No. It removes threat but doesn't drop you from combat. It is the same as the start of combat before you do anything, which of course doesn't cause a reset or else nothing would ever happen in this game.
    Pity, I was hoping it would.

Deleted
    But still, using salvation>prepot>entering combat>full CDs protects you from getting aggro with that nice 200kish pull burst, I use clemency on spirit kings to prevent takin aggro on each new king, or on feng, I use salvation pre-pull, and salvation post-CDs.

but if my tank has good threat, then I use unbreakable spirit if HoS and HoP are of no use to the fight

15+ Year Old Account
    Hand of Salvation will be functioning on the platform that it was when it was glyphed in Cata.

It will just drop all threat you have for 10 seconds (or until removed). The fight won't be reset, as it doesn't remove you from combat.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Deleted
    It's like Fade.

Does Hand of Salvation prevent you from producing threat aswell, or will it bump your threat up accordingly to the damage you dealt with it up after the 10 seconds?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasstapp View Post
    Does Hand of Salvation prevent you from producing threat aswell, or will it bump your threat up accordingly to the damage you dealt with it up after the 10 seconds?
    Well, I haven't tried it yet, but it should work exactly like Fade:
    - The threat you have when you activate it is set to 0.
    - All threat while the effect is active is generated and applied normally.
    - When the effect ends, the threat you had before is added to the threat you generated during the effect.

If it does suppress threat generated while it's active as well, that would be awesome, but I'd like to have confirmation of that first.