Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Feng the Accursed 10 man heroic - 2 heal?

Hey champions!
    So I just checked Feng the accursed heroic's hp out in 10-man, it seems to be roughly 200mil, I was also told that he has a 7 minute enrage timer.
    Now that would translate to a raid DPS of about 500k, or roughly 80k per person, I know for a fact that our raiders don't pull those numbers on a fight like feng, yet people rank this fight as easier than Garalon (or in some cases, on par) Well we've killed Garalon, but this dps check seems out of this world in comparison.

So do people two heal this fight? the damage seems rather excessive.

Deleted
    Seems like you're forgetting about tank dps. with 2 tanks pulling around 50k dps (easy to achieve) you can easily get away with around 65-70k dps easily. Whilst 3 healing, even more so if ur healers put out some dps too. You'll find the hardest part of the fight to be the aoe healing dmg + killing the adds spawned by the shields. But even then thats not too difficult.

Deleted
    I've never noticed the enrage timer on feng as an issue, not even when we first did it. Just go in with 3 healers and see if you can make it or not, you'll be surprised how easy the enrage is.

we 2 heal it, have since we downed it first week it was open. with proper CD staggering and the added DPS Feng is a joke. In case it matters, we use a holy pally and resto sham.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Insincere View Post
    Seems like you're forgetting about tank dps. with 2 tanks pulling around 50k dps (easy to achieve) you can easily get away with around 65-70k dps easily. Whilst 3 healing, even more so if ur healers put out some dps too. You'll find the hardest part of the fight to be the aoe healing dmg + killing the adds spawned by the shields. But even then thats not too difficult.
    Well 500/6 = 83,3 (Granted tanks might do more dps nowdays than half a DPS, but still that would leave us with 75K DPS atleast)

I don't know, maybe i'm overthinking this, but the enrage felt rather tight compared to his HP...

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    remember if your tank is good he can do a hell of a lot of damage with the spell reflect thingy. 100k+ dps
    (havent done feng on HC, but i know this is true of normal and cant see why it wouldnt be true for HC too)

You can do it either way. Just depends on how good your healers are and if you have the raid cds to consistently mitigate damage in between barriers.

2 healing it will definitely make the fight shorter and by extension potentially easier to heal if you can skip any additional arcane velocity, add phase, epicenter, or draw flames. Ultimately without knowing more about your raid's performance it would be a tough one to say which is best for you.

Deleted
    I've never reached it, but his enrage timer is definitely more than 7min.
    3 healing him is fine.

Deleted
    I believe his enrage timer is 10 minutes. You can easily 3 heal it.

Deleted
    We used 3 healers for our first kill but did it with 2 healers last week simply because we did not have 3 healers online.
    I believe enrage is longer than 7 minutes as said before, but even if it is 7 min it is fine. I pulled 82k as a tank on nullification duty, tank dps is really high on this fight.

Edit: Looking at 10 man normal it looks like the enrage is 10 minutes, not sure if it is the same enrage in heroic.

We started this boss last night and are two healing it monk and pally. More dps = less time in each phase. First phase we get out with only 3 velocities. (Although i guess 3 healing wouldn't matter). Then shield phase we get out in 4 shields, which means we only have to dps 2 sets of adds and with our aoe challenged group we need all the dps we can get.

try three healing it, if you hit enrage or can't get adds down, 2 heal it, it will vary group by group.

Deleted
    @Slak

If you got 4 shields you only need to kill 1 set as you can nullify 3 sets easily of 4.

Our first kill took 9:29 (first heroic week). His enrage is not 7m.

Deleted
    Man up and two heal. More fun for everyone and decent practice for harder heroics, ie. personal + raid cooldown coordination etc.

We 2 heal it every time without any issues. Healers can regen mana in the epicenter phase since there is no damage going on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceshigh View Post
    I do 160k DPS on this as tank in 10m. That's a pretty huge chunk of it gone already lol
    Congrats on doing 25% more damage then the number 1 on WoL lol

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Congrats on doing 25% more damage then the number 1 on WoL lol
    hahaha Not sure how but I was just in a Stone Guard thread and left it then I posted what I meant to post there in this thread. Good times haha

Deleted
    Hello lads!
    Thanks for the help, and aye we noticed the enrage isn't 7 minutes.
    We only gave it a few pulls until we realized with our current raid setup we didn't have the AoE for the shield phase, so we'll be coming back tomorrow to kick his ass.
    Thanks for the help!

Deleted
    Any group has the AoE for the shield phase. It is just a matter of people knowing their class and execution.

It's not about aoe damage, it's more about control.. you can stun/slow/push/grip those adds, just need to do a good coordination.

Beauty of this fight is you can start it on any phase and practice it.. then when you're ready, you do the full order and get the kill.