Deleted

Stop casting macro for cobra shot.

Sorry if this has been asked before.
    With Aspect of the Fox gone I was wondering if there was a macro we could use to interrupt a Cobra shot/Steady shot if we wanted to?
    I've tried /stopcasting & /stopattack macro in an arcane shot but didn't seem to work.
    I just like to know that I've got control over the casts in case I needed to break it.
    Thanks.

Use 2 stopcasting one after the other. That should fix it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stalkerzzzz View Post
    Use 2 stopcasting one after the other. That should fix it.
    Worked a charm.
    Thanks a lot.

Was just going to reply with this. One after the other and it will work fine.

So,

How do you guys handle this?

For example, I'm the type of button spammer and I think I will need to macro almost everything with /stopcasting. Is it the best way to deal with this patch change?

Any button spammer has better ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by XingoJenkins View Post
    So,

How do you guys handle this?

For example, I'm the type of button spammer and I think I will need to macro almost everything with /stopcasting. Is it the best way to deal with this patch change?

Any button spammer has better ideas?
    If you spam your kill command (or other such abilities) while your cobra shot is about to finish casting, then stopcasting isn't going to work very well for you.

For now I've been hitting Escape, until I can think of a better solution, as it is not exactly an elegant one. Perhaps a separate, conveniently located bind for nothing more than /stopcasting.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    If you spam your kill command (or other such abilities) while your cobra shot is about to finish casting, then stopcasting isn't going to work very well for you.

For now I've been hitting Escape, until I can think of a better solution, as it is not exactly an elegant one. Perhaps a separate, conveniently located bind for nothing more than /stopcasting.
    Macro your Kill Shot to something like:
    /stopcasting
    /stopcasting
    /cast Kill Shot

Now you can interrupt anything with the kill shot key which you only use under 20% anyway. I personally add my /cancelaura _________ in that macro too. Thank me later.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

Quote Originally Posted by Gotjuice View Post
    /stopcasting
    /stopcasting
    /cast Kill Shot

Now you can interrupt anything with the kill shot key which you only use under 20% anyway. I personally add my /cancelaura _________ in that macro too. Thank me later.
    Not a bad idea. Better than using a whole new bind...

Interesting, I wasn't aware that doubling up the /stopcasting command worked. How long has this been bugged like this anyway? It's been a while since I last used a stopcast macro, but it worked without any special rules back then, and I was getting really frustrated last night trying to get this stuff to work the way I wanted it to. My current solution works, but this will be better.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

Deleted
    Thanks for the advice, one /stopcasting apparently only worked 50% of the time!
    Also, on the topic of stopcasting, my main way of interrupting stuff before was aspect switching (shift-space) or jumping, so I just decided to go for my old aspect switching keybind of shift-space to avoid new keybinds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exileos View Post
    Thanks for the advice, one /stopcasting apparently only worked 50% of the time!
    Also, on the topic of stopcasting, my main way of interrupting stuff before was aspect switching (shift-space) or jumping, so I just decided to go for my old aspect switching keybind of shift-space to avoid new keybinds.
    Why the hell has that one never occured to me? o.O Thanks for the great idea^^
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Quote Originally Posted by Cyph3r View Post
    Interesting, I wasn't aware that doubling up the /stopcasting command worked. How long has this been bugged like this anyway? It's been a while since I last used a stopcast macro, but it worked without any special rules back then, and I was getting really frustrated last night trying to get this stuff to work the way I wanted it to. My current solution works, but this will be better.
    It's not bugged... 1 stopcasting turns off your auto shot then the second cancels your cast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotjuice View Post
    /stopcasting
    /stopcasting
    /cast Kill Shot

That's some pretty damn smart thinking there, thanks for the suggestion

Very helpful. Thank you.

Deleted
    Silly question.
    If one of the /stopcasting stops your auto shot would this effect your dps in the long run as you are stop and starting it?
    I've the macro on my arcane shot so its going off all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by VDeadMonkeyV View Post
    Silly question.
    If one of the /stopcasting stops your auto shot would this effect your dps in the long run as you are stop and starting it?
    I've the macro on my arcane shot so its going off all the time.
    I'd like to know this myself...
    Tyrage - Alleria - Full Spectrum -
    T14 6/6H MSV, 6/6H HoF, 4/4H ToES
    T15 4/13H
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...yrage/advanced

I'd say to learn to plan ahead. I disabled ability queuing a long time ago, and if you just plan a few seconds ahead you know when you need your Cobra Shots.

In essence, don't button mash Cobra Shot, and it allows you to button mash everything else.

Doesn't a stopcasting x2 also stop your auto shot, so using it bound in with arcane shot/kc/ks would result in a DPS loss?

Deleted
    i would say that anykind of stopcasting in our rotation ist an dps loss... because the gcd ist triggerd anyway.