Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think a bit depends in what the "cure" of undeath would entail. If for some magic reason they be back to being humans, I think is very possible that there would be a sedition between people wanting to rejoin the alliance and people invested to their new allies. But I think that after all that they have been through as a people, the forsaken would stay together.

Now, I was also thinking, what if the forsaken use Mogu-derived tricks to live again? turn the flesh into stone, and then turn the stone into flesh back again? Or just like Mogu magic; Mogu spirit binding requires a spirit to be bound to a constructed vessel, a vessel that can be turned into flesh. All forsaken are basically spirits, so they would just have to build new vessels for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by MargrimEU View Post
    The Forsaken were instumental to the Wrathgate-incident, no Forsaken equals no New Plague
    That's so pretty faulty logic there, it's like saying that without humans, there's no war. Or in WoW, without Orcs, there is no horde, and none of the wars happened. You postulate some weird retroactive causality that just can't be.
    Last edited by TheDangerZone; 2012-11-29 at 08:04 PM.

Deleted
    I hope they never are cured. Assuming the necromantic magics sustain them, and they don't need to eat (just have an urge to eat flesh like zombies) I'd consider being Undead a decent crack at immortality. Being a nihilist, none of the unholy magic crap bothers me, in fact if I died and had the opportunity to be an evil spirit that haunts children, I'd take it!

Quote Originally Posted by MargrimEU View Post

The Forsaken were instumental to the Wrathgate-incident, no Forsaken equals no New Plague
    Thats like saying that the orcs are responsible for every splinter group of orcs. Or the darkspear are responsible for everything the zandalari. Putress and the wrathgate incident was executed by a splinter group that broke off and attacked. The forsaken as a nation, wasn't responsible for their attack.

---------- Post added 2012-11-29 at 01:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Very true

People always love bashing the Forsaken for being "evil", but honestly, they are a race of rotting undead, do people really see them acting like goody 2 shoes?
    Nearly ever race is obsessed with being the most honorable. Like its a race to be the "goodest". I like the forsaken because they just don't care. I play to escape the real world not recreate it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Icarris View Post
    Nearly ever race is obsessed with being the most honorable. Like its a race to be the "goodest". I like the forsaken because they just don't care. I play to escape the real world not recreate it.
    Indeed. However, since the real world is already full of evil, sadness and indifference, people will generaly escape it by imagining they can make it better, not worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Hovsa View Post
    If they were cured of undeath, they would be... dead... you know, like they were before being raised...
    This. I would also like to add another point that has disturbed me lorewise. The Scarlet Crusade has been the righteous merciful faction this WHOLE time, they are trying to cure the undead of their torment, and the only way to do that is make them dead again. Yet everyone is charging into their church and killing them?! WTF! Did anyone else question why players have to fight against the Scarlet Crusade in the first place?

I can understand why the undead themselves are fighting the Scarlet Crusade, conflict of interest, but what about the rest of the living? The crusade fights against the undead... why is the Alliance trying to stop them from doing this? Why are they not allies of the Alliance if they're doing the work? Horde is the only one with a legitimate excuse to fight against the Scarlet Crusade, if only because the forsaken are a tool they need.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    wrathgate had plenty to do with the forsaken

during vanilla you help make this eventual plague. the forsaken right under sylvanas under her orders make it.... putress just used it a tad early
    Eh, you make most of the Wrathgate plague during the Horde questline that leads up to the Wrathgate itself. It all takes place in Venomspite.

Of course, lore-wise, Sylvanas and the majority of the Forsaken outside of the Apothecary knew that Putress was going to use it on the living as well. I'm pretty sure Sylvanas would have stopped it otherwise. It's not good PR to kill off Horde soldiers.

Was it the Forsaken's fault that the Wrathgate happened? Obviously. But just some rogue Forsaken that betrayed their leader and the majority of the Forsaken, and partnered up with Varimathras who took over their city.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder how Abominations will look like after they get 'cured'

One more thing about the Scarlet Crusade lore that bothers me. Deathknights start out by fighting them, because you're under control of the Lich King - leader of the undead. Makes sense you're playing the bad guy point of view, until you are redeemed and accepted by either the Horde or Alliance to fight in their ranks against the Lich King.

So the Scarlet Crusade is heading to Northrend to... do exactly what the Horde and Alliance are doing, they're trying to wipe out the undead with us trying to HELP OUT. And what do we do when we get to Northrend? Fight against them in their meager establishments, as if they aren't already having trouble fighting the undead. It makes no sense. For crying out loud they have the courage to settle right next to Naxxramas! And attack it! Also in Icecrown! And we are STILL fighting against these crusaders. Then we align ourselves with the Argent Dawn... who allows forsaken to fight in their ranks. Uh hello Alliance, wtf are you DOING!? They are the enemy, remember? Again the Horde has a good reason to align with the Argent Dawn in this case, however the Alliance does not.

In my opinion the Alliance should have aligned with Scarlet Crusade, and the Horde with Argent Dawn. The only instances I've seen for why the Scarlet Crusade attacks us is purely out of self defense. I have never seen them launch an invasion against Horde or Alliance. They are not totally insane, they are just doing what they think is best for their survival, and they're right to kill the undead on sight. They can still join the Alliance, doesn't mean they have to like Deathknights. It's not like every faction on the Horde likes each other either. The forsaken are practically conspiring against the Horde at every turn anyways, as demonstrated in Dragonblight.

Deleted
    You forgot the part they attack ANYONE on sight.

The curse goes as deep as to alter their very soul, kinda doubt they can ever be cured. If they could be, they would either die, or be completly resurected, on the second case i doubt they would want to go back with the Alliance after being abandoned by them, besides i'm not sure Varian or Worgens would be very willing to take them back after the Wrathgate's event and Greymane's son murder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superchief View Post
    One more thing about the Scarlet Crusade lore that bothers me. Deathknights start out by fighting them, because you're under control of the Lich King - leader of the undead. Makes sense you're playing the bad guy point of view, until you are redeemed and accepted by either the Horde or Alliance to fight in their ranks against the Lich King.

So the Scarlet Crusade is heading to Northrend to... do exactly what the Horde and Alliance are doing, they're trying to wipe out the undead with us trying to HELP OUT. And what do we do when we get to Northrend? Fight against them in their meager establishments, as if they aren't already having trouble fighting the undead. It makes no sense. For crying out loud they have the courage to settle right next to Naxxramas! And attack it! Also in Icecrown! And we are STILL fighting against these crusaders. Then we align ourselves with the Argent Dawn... who allows forsaken to fight in their ranks. Uh hello Alliance, wtf are you DOING!? They are the enemy, remember? Again the Horde has a good reason to align with the Argent Dawn in this case, however the Alliance does not.

In my opinion the Alliance should have aligned with Scarlet Crusade, and the Horde with Argent Dawn. The only instances I've seen for why the Scarlet Crusade attacks us is purely out of self defense. I have never seen them launch an invasion against Horde or Alliance. They are not totally insane, they are just doing what they think is best for their survival, and they're right to kill the undead on sight. They can still join the Alliance, doesn't mean they have to like Deathknights. It's not like every faction on the Horde likes each other either. The forsaken are practically conspiring against the Horde at every turn anyways, as demonstrated in Dragonblight.
    The Scarlet Crusade or Scarlet Onslaught are a bunch of fanatical crazies who think that anyone who is not in their rank is against them. They were also always lead by poeple possessed by demons (Balnazar or Mal'Ganis). We attack them because they are attacking us. Not the other way around.