[BM] Guard Macro

Hey guys, new to the forums so first off: Hello!

Quick question though, is anyone else having issues with macroing Guard to anything else since 5.1? Used to be able to macro it with Tiger Palm as:

#showtooltip Guard
    /cast Guard
    /cast Tiger Palm

Where it would cast TP if Guard was on CD or if you didn't have two chi, now it won't cast either one if you don't have two chi, but if you do have two chi it casts both and then won't work again until Guard comes back off CD. I'm not complaining or anything, I realize we don't have to stack for max absorbs anymore, was just curious if it should be working that way with Guard off the GCD.

I'd be surprised if that macro ever worked. It's my understanding of macros that if the first ability is on CD it won't proceed.

And yes it must be said, treating guard like that is a bad practice anyways.
    Barleyclaw - Axis - Dark Iron US

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    You really don't want to macro those 2 together.
    Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.

I never understood the complication of having them in a macro together. I'm not saying that it isn't bad practice, but it's neither here nor there. Was just curious if anyone else had issues with abilities that were off the GCD not functioning properly in a macro post-patch . Thanks anyway.

Take care,
    Tek
    Last edited by Tekova; 2012-11-28 at 05:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaxus View Post
    I'd be surprised if that macro ever worked. It's my understanding of macros that if the first ability is on CD it won't proceed.
    This macro worked until last night, I had a few examples of it that I had to ditch. Guard isn't on the GCD so shouldn't affect macro's even if it's on CD. I would report this as a bug (not commenting on if you "should" do this).

If you want to test this you can macro in Elusive Brew with anything and it will proc any time it's not on CD and used and the other ability will still go off as normal. Tested with the following and still go the Ox Statue target Reticle after EB goes off.
    #showtooltip Elusive Brew
    /cast Elusive Brew
    /cast Ox Statue
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekova View Post
    I never understood the complication of having them in a macro together. I'm not saying that it isn't bad practice, but it's neither here nor there. Was just curious if anyone else had issues with abilities that were off the GCD not functioning properly in a macro post-patch . Thanks anyway.

Take care,
    Tek
    I can't ever remember guard being off the gcd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugz
    Holes means you have less of a food to plate ratio, you can get more net weight of pancakes into the same volume and area as you could with waffles. Therefore pancakes win.

I used this macro and it broke for me as well. Rather annoyed. I tried changing it so that Guard would have a shift modifier instead, but using the shift modifier brings up the Guard icon, but I'm not able to press 2 to use Guard. I have to physically click the button instead. Really annoying. I used to just be able to hit 2 for Tiger Palm and it would use Guard if I had 2 Chi and it was up. I was always careful to not used Guard unless I needed it, but having it readily available macroed in with Tiger Palm was awesome.

Any thoughts on why I can't press shift (or control) and then hit 2 to Guard using a Shift modifier in a macro? Tiger Palm works fine in the macro since it's not modified, but having to click Guard after pressing shift is really not ideal for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirira View Post
    Any thoughts on why I can't press shift (or control) and then hit 2 to Guard using a Shift modifier in a macro? Tiger Palm works fine in the macro since it's not modified, but having to click Guard after pressing shift is really not ideal for me.
    Really sounds like a bug so I'd report it, it should work in both the way Tekova and you described prior to 5.1. My suggestion for you would be utilizing an bar mod addon and setting up Bar 1: 1 through =, Bar 2: Shift 1 through =, and Bar 3: Alt 1 through =

I set mine up this way instead of making a bunch of [Mod] macros that way I can hit the hotkey or manually click anything I want.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    Really sounds like a bug so I'd report it, it should work in both the way Tekova and you described prior to 5.1. My suggestion for you would be utilizing an bar mod addon and setting up Bar 1: 1 through =, Bar 2: Shift 1 through =, and Bar 3: Alt 1 through =

I set mine up this way instead of making a bunch of [Mod] macros that way I can hit the hotkey or manually click anything I want.
    I actually use Bartender and I may not have updated it for patch 5.1. That might be the cause of that. I didn't think of setting up the different bars like that. A rather clever idea actually.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am hoping this is a bug and not intended, I had the macro also, not to use it on cooldown, but so that I wouldn't need more Shift/Alt functions. I already have 6 abilities using Shift/Alt key-binds, I don't need to be stretching to hit 6 on primary abilities.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by R0ninX3ph View Post
    I am hoping this is a bug and not intended, I had the macro also, not to use it on cooldown, but so that I wouldn't need more Shift/Alt functions. I already have 6 abilities using Shift/Alt key-binds, I don't need to be stretching to hit 6 on primary abilities.
    Get a Razer Naga mouse. Those banks of buttons on the side are invaluable.
    Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by R0ninX3ph View Post
    I am hoping this is a bug and not intended
    Pretty sure it's a bug. Guard is still off the GCD and similar macro's work.

Have a Razer Naga as well and love the thumb buttons. M4 = Roll and M5 = Dampen Harm/Diffuse Magic/Clash depending on what I'm doing. I have Guard on Shift-3 right now and a WA that alerts me when it's coming off or is off CD so I can apply it right away or wait if I'm timing it for an atk.
    [/URL]