Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

[Movies] Looking for movies

Hello there,

I personally love to watch movies where one person has a far more advanced skillset than any other person

For example:
    - Taken
    - The Grey
    - Hitman
    - Batman movies

These are 2 movies where Liam Neeson has far more superior skills than anyone else in the movie.

Is there anyone that knows any other movies where this is the case?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by mmoc4889b2c427; 2012-11-28 at 05:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe A Perfect Getaway?

Not quite sure what other kind of movies to recommend tbh, it's quite specific XD.

The Bourne movies and James Bond come to mind.

Most movies with Bruce Willy.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    Thanks, I'll note it down for when I get bored

If anyone knows any other movies, let me know.

Check "Ip man" for starters

Léon: The Professional. It's one of my favorite movies ever. It's about a hitman and it has Gary Oldman in it so you automatically know it's gonna be awesome.

Deleted
    "Ong bak" and "The Warrior King" come to mind. Also a couple of Korean movies called "City Of Violence" and "The Man From Nowhere". Also have you checked out Unknown? Another great Liam Neeson film

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Melfion View Post
    "Ong bak" and "The Warrior King" come to mind. Also a couple of Korean movies called "City Of Violence" and "The Man From Nowhere". Also have you checked out Unknown? Another great Liam Neeson film
    I have seen Unknown It was pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by gismo7354 View Post
    The Bourne movies and James Bond come to mind.
    I'd agree with those, you'd probably also like the Die Hard movies, and Oceans Eleven if you can stand the skills being spread across 11 people :P

Warrior? MMA movie. The dude Tom Hardy plays could sort of be viewed that way, at least for a while.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    Warrior? MMA movie. The dude Tom Hardy plays could sort of be viewed that way, at least for a while.
    I wasn't expecting this to be as good as it was! Liked it a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolson13 View Post
    Check "Ip man" for starters
    That film is awesome and so are the others that follow! Donnie Yen is up there with some of my favourite action movie stars.
    Last edited by mmocadc4c2f9f5; 2012-11-28 at 08:02 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Melfion View Post
    That film is awesome and so are the others that follow! Donnie Yen is up there with some of my favourite action movie stars.
    Yes, a lot of the HK and Chinese action movies are amazing. And besides the actors, the cinematography of some of the newer movies from there is amazing as well. For a long time everything except the fighting was a little cheesy but it improved a lot.

Also, I second Leon, a must see.
    Last edited by Bolson13; 2012-11-28 at 10:24 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolson13 View Post
    Yes, a lot of the HK and Chinese action movies are amazing. And besides the actors, the cinematography of some of the newer movies from there is amazing as well. For a long time everything except the fighting was a little cheesy but it improved a lot.

Also, I second Leon, a must see.
    Aye, its come along way from the old Jackie Chan films How i hate the english dubbed versions!

10+ Year Old Account
    Equilibrium comes to mind

10+ Year Old Account
    Unleashed. It has Jet-Li so kicks and punches with a twist, also Morgan Freeman!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

Law Abiding Citizen (Although the ending is horrible), and The Usual Suspects come to mind.

The Mechanic is also a pretty good action flick. The main character plots his assassinations to the point where he can get in and out and make it look like an accident.

Salt with Angelina Jolie
    Oldboy
    The Raid: Redemption

Resident Evil series (though quite bad)
    The Matrix trilogy
    Underworld

Deleted
    I watched "The Mechanic", "Unleashed" and "Law abiding citizen" and I must say they were quite good.

They weren't the best movies I've seen but they were worth my time

Thanks for all of the help
    Keep it coming guys