View Poll Results: will you partecipate in a class-action against Blizz for the missing improvements?

Voters
287. This poll is closed
  • Yes, i have been tricked to pay for content that wont be in game so i have to be refound

33 11.50%
  • no, even if i agree with the reasonig behind.

32 11.15%
  • no, i find we are ok as we are.

222 77.35%
Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Warlock class action needed against Blizz.

I take the time to rewrite the reasoning behind the poll, and leave in bottom the original post to be fair on those that have responded to it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

My point here is, given the EUALA you are forced to subscribe to play the game, do you consider fair from the side of Blizzard company to be able to show, promote and comunicate improvements and contents that they are entitled to totally negate with no clarifications needed to the customers? If a legal action against the EUALA may be promoted, for unfair behaviour in regards of its customers and unfair competition with other companies, would you subscribe it?

If a difficult time comes for the game, and a competitive other game faces the market, would be fair from the Blizz company to show marvelous improvements to the game, even show them and let players play it in beta, chaining this with a subscription promotion, and then
    after taking enough subscription and make the other game fail in its launch, negate many of the contents showed?

For me it was this patch, many may disagree with the specific points that lead me to write this post in the beginning, but the final reasoning behind the whole discussion is in the above point,

Thank again, and sorry for the bad english.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This patch should have been a glorious one for our cass.

A new quest line should bring us some lore and the green fire, both reasonable request the class players are asking from several years.

It should bring us some new spells and glyphs(cataclism and glyph of supernova) that would help to bring back the class in some competitive PvP placement, whyle actually it is the least present in top arena teams a RBG.

It should, than our class developer had been fired, and all has gone wrong from that point on.

I have to say I didn't know Xelnath b4 he was fired, and at the beginning i didn't believe Blizz would throw away all the work done to the class and trash it again, so i didn't worry about it, and waited the actual patch to play again the game because, for working reasons, i had to stop for a month.

I am back, and i am totally confused with what the hell happened to this company to be so dumb to simply work against his very players.

Not only the patch is totally missing the so needed changes to the class, but we have been even nerfed to trhe ground in PvP, wich have to be explained some way, given the fact no actual top team have a warlock in....

We all know that, for a totally questionable company philososofy, Blizz won't explain his action, nor will give us any good reason to wait; in fact, i have been tricked to pay a fee i wouldn't have paid with the promise of improvements to my class that in fact won't be in game.

Hell, we have watched the spell animation, seen the new icons, read the books and dialogues of NPCs, it was not a rumor, I was pretty sure it will be in the 5.1 patch, so i decided to stay and enjoy the improvements to the class.

I have been tricked, so, i want my money back, and i think even a refound for the time i spend to level a class that have been abandoned, for whatever internal reason.

I speak for me and for those like me that think the Lock class actually is not on par with the other 10 class of the game, for those who are ok with the class as it is now it shoul not be a problem, but i am pretty sure a lot ppl like greatly waited for those changes, and have been deluded for the very last time.

I think that to teach someone to be polite and respectfull, you have to be harsh sometimes, expecially if the subject tends to be a bully, like the development team of this game seems to be, so you have to hit harder than Blizz, and where it hurts more, the money AND bad advertising.

A case where players take a class action against a software house will make to the front page of many press, and perhaps, finally, the company will start to listen and take into consideration his playerbase.

I really cant believe we are at this point, but after a month where it seemed totally sure many promises wuold finally be respected, i feel really joked by this patch and the attitude of Blizz about this class.
    Last edited by volrat; 2012-11-29 at 11:27 AM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

quit whining

you guys got overhauled, given new a bunch of new spells and all specs have their own mechanics and play differently.

If anything, you guys got most of the love this expansion.

And yet Blizz is still working on a class exclusive quest for you guys to get Green Fire. Yeah it's been delayed but it's still going to come out. Suck it up.

Chill out.

and BTW, warlock's are in a very good position in both pve and pvp.

no idea what you talking about, yes i am a bit sad not to see first part of green fire chain, but its i can wait a few more months till 5.2.

Warlocks are awesome in every single way,i have been playing warlock since 2007, and these are the best times of my life as a warlocks.
    Be feared, or be fuel

Deleted
    this
    Quote Originally Posted by Junblat View Post
    no idea what you talking about
    and that
    Quote Originally Posted by justlols View Post
    quit whining
    warlock's are in a very good position in both pve and pvp.

I have no idea what you are being butthurt about, you will get cosmetic stuff that is entirely optional and will not affect your raid performance in any way. Also I believe getting it in 1 patch instead of like 5.1, 5.2 and 5.3 is better.

Trying to start a class action lawsuit is not a very good idea. You wont get very far trying to do that.

I hear you about the green fire quest but sometimes things change and you gotta roll with the punches. You didn't waste any money because you had fun leveling up and playing your Warlock until now. Cataclysm was a dumb spell from the start to begin with. I would have never used it in PvE and even in PvP because it CC's yourself and prevents your own actions, it's not a very useful spell. Supernova is another thing that I wouldn't use specifically because I never pool Embers. You wanna use them ASAP.

Go play affliction. We still absolutely destroy meters on that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't believe every single response is someone trying to flex. All the top pvpers know that we are absolute shit now. The only semi decent spec is Demo and it got absolutely gutted in 5.1 to say things like "warlocks are awesome lolz top pvp and pve" is just absurd to me. Our pve dps is good but it's also ridiculously boring now. I just can't even believe it. Also with how terrible and useless Affliction has become in pvp I have seriously lost my one passion in this game. It's disgusting.

I am talking about the cataclysm spell, whoch have been largely announced, the animation have been showed, and even overhauled in a later time; i speak about the glyph of supernova, with its own icon etc., i speak about a quest line that sould have been in a single patch, now they are saying it shouldn't and they are making us a favor to posticipate it, but again they give noassurance it will, if you read better the article.

Again, i know a lot of ppl play this game at a lvl that, watever it comes is good, but for those that strongly believe those improvements were needed, and would not pay the monthly fee with the class in actual state, being tricked to believe they were in this patch and find everything changed in a month because employee X have had a discussion with employee Y is something i am not inclined to accept; in other fields of business such a behaviour is punished by law, and i want to see if this can be applied to the videogame market, it will be a nice f8, imho.

PS

A class action, if made properly, wont take money from the petitioner, and i am pretty sure there are good lawyer offices that will be glad to take on such a visible and innovative request.
    Last edited by volrat; 2012-11-28 at 06:05 PM.

What in the fuck is this. You're kidding right?

I agree with above posters. Your class got an overhaul this expansion, and you feel that you 'deserve' new spells now after launch? Be glad you're getting an awesome class specific quests, you and rogues are the ONLY classes to have gotten this treatment. It was originally intended to be part in 5.1 and finished in 5.2, now they're just doing it all in one patch. You weren't going to get green fire in 5.1 anyway, so quit QQing, and go enjoy the new content that came out yesterday.

Blizzard did not advertise this content to the best of my knowledge. You just looked at datamined content, went 'oh boy this is great,' and are understandably disappointed it's being put off to 5.2. It's not like your green fire has been cut.
    Last edited by Florena; 2012-11-28 at 06:12 PM.

Not saying i agree with the OP but not every warlock is happy with the overhaul to the class, me being one of them.

In pvp demo is the only half decent spec and in pve aff is the only decent spec.

Just because we have 3 varied specs doesnt make them good and we want some choice in what we can play without being stuck in 1 spec for whether we are playing pvp or pve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glan View Post
    Not saying i agree with the OP but not every warlock is happy with the overhaul to the class, me being one of them.

In pvp demo is the only half decent spec and in pve aff is the only decent spec.

Just because we have 3 varied specs doesnt make them good and we want some choice in what we can play without being stuck in 1 spec for whether we are playing pvp or pve.
    Not true at all, demo is absolutely decent in PvE. Take a look at the Heroic Sha video Method just released and tell me Demo is useless in PvE. Hell, even Destro has it's uses.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a warlock who played for the last 5 years as a Warlock, with no alts until earlier this year, whom still has all the mats for the mount quest. This is just QQ. No one is going to hear the cries of a class that has a spec that is on avg 14k better than well over half the classes right now. Our worst spec is still better than half. I won't say much about PvP, but I have never had as much joy as I do now in MoP than in the previous 5 years.
    I agree there is nothing unique about the warlock class, which sucks. Last thing I would want to do is make another lawyer rich.
    Love my guildies, but where are my minions.
    [Intel i5 4690k CPU] [Asus Z97-AR Mobo] [EVGA GTX960-SSC GPU] [Crucial Ballistix 1600 8gb Memory] [Sound Blaster Zx Sound card]
    [Corsair Liquid Cooler] [EVGA Bronze 600watt Power supply] [Samsung 840 EVO 128gb SSD, Samsung 850 EVO 500gb SSD, Western Digital 7200rpm Black HDD] [Logitech G105 Keyboard and G502 mouse] [Asus 24in 144hz LED Monitor and AOC 22in LED]

I made an account just to post to this stupid thread. All to just tell you how absolutely convoluted you are, OP. Every single warlock spec is in a lot better spot than it was in the past. If your doing bad as a warlock, it has nothing to do with how the class was designed, but rather how horrible of a player you are.

Your complaining about 1 pieces of content that wasn't released, when this game has multitudes of different types of content out there. If you don't like it, you don't have to subscribe. Go play one of the other MMO's that are out there with all of their content, oh wait, almost every other MMO is lacking content in one form of the other. Stop complaining, and either play or don't, its your choice.

You sir, give the community a bad name.

I had 18 kills 0 deaths and 22mil dmg in an rbg last night as destro, i'd say locks are fine.

Yes, i have been tricked to pay for content that wont be in game so i have to be refound
    *Refound? I didn't know I was lost.

10+ Year Old Account
    The idea of starting a lawsuit against Blizzard for a questline that's not in the game YET, and 2 spells that got scrapped cause they were garbage is rather ludicrous to me. I don't agree with you at all, OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Taros View Post
    Can't believe every single response is someone trying to flex. All the top pvpers know that we are absolute shit now. The only semi decent spec is Demo and it got absolutely gutted in 5.1 to say things like "warlocks are awesome lolz top pvp and pve" is just absurd to me. Our pve dps is good but it's also ridiculously boring now. I just can't even believe it. Also with how terrible and useless Affliction has become in pvp I have seriously lost my one passion in this game. It's disgusting.
    We all agree that Warlock (affli) is one of the top PvE spec now.
    but what the heck are you talking about regarding PvP?
    http://www.worldofwargraphs.com/stat...-0--0-0-0.html
    absolute shit?
    Demo:8 destro: 15 affli: 24 out of 34 spec in total
    Only Affli is weak.

Try monks all three spec in bottom 6 spec.

I'm kind of hoping that this was meant to be satire, or so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warlocks are one of the classes, if not THE class that got the biggest overhaul in this expansion. Every spec changed something radically. Warlocks are the only class (for the moment) getting an exclusive questline with an exclusive permanent (unless toggled off) change to their spell appearance that isn't related to a glyph, which is something unprecedent, even for the new shiny classes. Regardless of PvE or PvP performances, warlocks are the class that got the most attention up to this point in this expansion. Yet, a delay on this questline for one patch is a reason for this?

It's no wonder valid complaints are ignored when most people complain about trivial crap as this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.