10+ Year Old Account

Keybind question

If I keybind how many buttons on my keyboard (on average) am i going to have to finger memorize? Cuz when I hear keybinding are you guys like actually binding buttons like more than one spell etc to make it more compact, less keys, binded even? Or basically if I keybind will I have less keys to press supposed to clicks to make? Ya know? Is that the reason its better? Please inform me

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzin View Post
    If I keybind how many buttons on my keyboard (on average) am i going to have to finger memorize? Cuz when I hear keybinding are you guys like actually binding buttons like more than one spell etc to make it more compact, less keys, binded even? Or basically if I keybind will I have less keys to press supposed to clicks to make? Ya know? Is that the reason its better? Please inform me
    Not exactly sure where you're coming from. I have a Razer naga, So I have buttons 1-12 on the thumbpad all keybound (and Shift 1-12). So that's 24 keys bound, I use Ctrl+ 1-5 for certain things, and Alt+1-3, also Button 4 and 5 and shift button 4 and 5. So overall I have about 40 abilities keybound. Less for certain characters. And all of that is in an easy to reach spot on the left side of my mouse. So only my thumb clicks those buttons. My left hand worries about shift, ctrl, and alt.
    Not sure if that helps.
    I like anime and stuff.

I use about 21 different keys if I counted correctly. I use Shift, Alt, and Ctrl modifiers for most of them as well, which, lets me bind multiple spells(3-4) to single keys. Alt and Ctrl are bound to my LB3 and LB4 side mouse buttons. Shift modifiers are mostly buffs or non-combat related binds like food/flasks, mage portals, and rogue poisons.

You can get away with fewer keys easily, and I would suggest it starting out. Transitioning takes a little time to get used to, just try to learn combat abilities first. Another suggestion I would have is to keybind things such as gap closing abilities(warrior charge, rogue shadowstep) on a different finger from abilities you would immediately use afterwards. An example would be casting shadowstep then sap. You don't want the same finger hitting both keys(Try hitting R then F, both use pointer finger. Now try R then 2. Different fingers let you chain abilities faster.).

What I feel is the main reason to keybind is reaction times and awareness. Memorizing keys lets you cast spells by using muscle memory. You no longer have to worry about point and clicking an ability, it will just happen naturally. This lets you focus more on other things like crowd control, fire on the ground, or something dangerous behind you.