Should We Be Allowed to Buy Gear?

When Free to Play came. I assumed it would be cosmetic items like in Guild Wars 2 which virtually had no impact on stats. I discovered after logging in they're selling a new gear set, purple stats mind you for 1200 credits in game. This comes with a full body suit of all purples and level you can start wearing it is one. Also the Mystery Boxes contain some gear. I'll publish a video before Free to Play went live of "Revans Cowel" BEFORE they yanked that item from it's Cartel Shop.

I suppose with the companion bug yesterday. It left me rubbing my head wondering how that took place and now magically a new set of gear appears in the "Newly Added" section. The point of all this. If we obtain an unfair advantage buying gear from someone who has unlimited credits. What fair is that if we cross them on a PVP world and them buying coins gives them an advantage.

It's not just with gear. It's weapon too. Last note. The prices are extremely high on cartel market. 40 dollars gets you 5400 Cartel Coins. One Item of gear runs about 1200. That's about 10 dollars for every "set" or some where around there.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by FusedMass; 2012-11-28 at 07:04 PM.

It's level 15, 32, and 43 gear.

That's not meaningful to end game so it really doesn't matter.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    It's level 15, 32, and 43 gear.

That's not meaningful to end game so it really doesn't matter.
    This.

It's a different way of making the leveling experience a little easier and maybe more fun...

...although 50s can also use the shells for cosmetic effect once they mod them out in endgame mods... which I think is a really cool part of the system as it stands.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadsop View Post
    This.

It's a different way of making the leveling experience a little easier and maybe more fun...

...although 50s can also use the shells for cosmetic effect once they mod them out in endgame mods... which I think is a really cool part of the system as it stands.
    Agreed. Its like BoA leveling gear that you can upgrade to end game through pvp or raiding. And its adaptive so you can make all sorts of really cool looking sets for classes that wouldn't be able to wear that sort of gear normally.

I don't think it's that big of a deal. Now it would be different if they sold the end game mods but the items currently sold are just for leveling pretty much (or if you like the look of the armor).

When it comes to the adaptive gear in the shop, my assumption is that it's less for stats, and more for the people that are going to gut it and insert any given stats they need in place of the existing ones. More for the visuals than anything else.

I thank you all for sharing your honest points of view. One of the cases made that it's not for end game gear. That Revans Cowel was a level 50 item. They removed it because of a supposed bug. Not because they believe or maybe they did selling end game gear is wrong. Some of the stats look pretty nice. I am just concerned we're an inch away from buying end game gear.

Do you see the prices? 10 dollars for one gear set. It's like they're sky rocking. I just don't want bunch of items we don't need to make quick cash and them not make new content.

Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    I thank you all for sharing your honest points of view. One of the cases made that it's not for end game gear. That Revans Cowel was a level 50 item. They removed it because of a supposed bug. Not because they believe or maybe they did selling end game gear is wrong. Some of the stats look pretty nice. I am just concerned we're an inch away from buying end game gear.

Do you see the prices? 10 dollars for one gear set. It's like they're sky rocking. I just don't want bunch of items we don't need to make quick cash and them not make new content.
    First, Revans cowl was a very rare drop out of bags, if I am not mistaken. I can see this being acceptable. Its similar to white crystals.

As to the prices, they know that people won't stick around to buy items if they don't have content to play.