Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PHOENIXZERO View Post
    Run with mostly low risk investments and live primarily off the interest. Probably go back to school and take a few classes that would be beneficial for the new life. My new job would be managing everything and not leaving it all in the hands of someone else\
    accidentally read that as "live off the internet" and pictured a tron esque world inhabited by lotto winners
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    That would be awesome and worthy of blowing a fortune on making a reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Two chicks at the same time.
    Love my guildies, but where are my minions.
    [Intel i5 4690k CPU] [Asus Z97-AR Mobo] [EVGA GTX960-SSC GPU] [Crucial Ballistix 1600 8gb Memory] [Sound Blaster Zx Sound card]
    [Corsair Liquid Cooler] [EVGA Bronze 600watt Power supply] [Samsung 840 EVO 128gb SSD, Samsung 850 EVO 500gb SSD, Western Digital 7200rpm Black HDD] [Logitech G105 Keyboard and G502 mouse] [Asus 24in 144hz LED Monitor and AOC 22in LED]

Quote Originally Posted by galileoacosta View Post
    What is the 1st thing you would do with the 1st installment of money you get from the jackpot.
    I can't believe no one has mentioned this. It is literally stupid to not take the lump sum. The annuity over 20 years makes you lose out on so much investment potential. You are also betting that tax rates will be lower in the future than they are right now. Taking into consideration an annual rate of inflation between 2.5% and 3% you're definitely in the red.

550m annuity, 360m lump sum. Inflation alone makes that worth well over 630m 20 years from now.

Even if you invested in the most conservative returns, you could add an additional 1.5 - 2% annual rate of return.

One other person mentioned that if you take the annuity and die the next year, it isn't passed on to your family - also a very good point. Anyone who takes the annuity is throwing money away.

So back on topic, i would buy a lot of drugs and hookers, and probably a cheeseburger.

Quote Originally Posted by zipz View Post
    So back on topic, i would buy a lot of drugs and hookers, and probably a cheeseburger.
    and make the cheeseburger pay rent right! muahahahaha @_@
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

550M-

Make 250 people Millionaires.

300M-

50M To parents

250M-

25M to each sister and 1 niece.

175M-

25M To my best friend.

150M-

Open my own restaurant be the head chef, build myself a nice house, buy a few nice cars and live the rest of my life care free. I'd probably give money away here and their, attempt to invest and probably fail though

10+ Year Old Account
    Build myself a replica of Kara. Because fuck what everyone thinks, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Camnorick View Post
    Lol why shoot so low. Go for three

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zipz View Post
    I can't believe no one has mentioned this. It is literally stupid to not take the lump sum. The annuity over 20 years makes you lose out on so much investment potential. You are also betting that tax rates will be lower in the future than they are right now. Taking into consideration an annual rate of inflation between 2.5% and 3% you're definitely in the red.

550m annuity, 360m lump sum. Inflation alone makes that worth well over 630m 20 years from now.

Even if you invested in the most conservative returns, you could add an additional 1.5 - 2% annual rate of return.

One other person mentioned that if you take the annuity and die the next year, it isn't passed on to your family - also a very good point. Anyone who takes the annuity is throwing money away.

I mentioned taking the lump sum because the annuity is for suckers (Powerball's is for 29 years/30 installments IIRC) but maybe you were typing so you didn't see it.. It also depends on where you live when it comes to the annuity being passed on to an heir, plus you're forgetting taxes on the cash. But yeah, even with modest investments you can out pace the Lottery's shitty annuity and do so quicker. Nevermind who knows where things will be by the time the payments stop.

how much money do i need to be tony stark O-O

Pay off my debts, my fiancee's debts, my parents' debts, my brother's debts. Invest and donate the rest. Be happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Get a lawyer.
    2. Buy the house next door to the one I live in currently.
    3. Pay off my parents house.
    4. Make a donation to the institution I work at because those kids deserve better.
    5. Set money aside for my nieces and nephew.
    6. Keep working where I work, maybe drop down to part time. I like where I work I can't see me leaving it ever.
    Life doesn’t get easier, we just grow stronger.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sythari View Post
    550M-

Make 250 people Millionaires.

300M-

50M To parents

250M-

25M to each sister and 1 niece.

175M-

25M To my best friend.

150M-

Open my own restaurant be the head chef, build myself a nice house, buy a few nice cars and live the rest of my life care free. I'd probably give money away here and their, attempt to invest and probably fail though

You would be ruined by taxes and broke before you'd get to that last part. You're starting at, as it stands now at 360M before taxes if you take the cash and YOU pay taxes on gifts over the exemption which is only $13,000 last I checked unless you go into your life time exemption which isn't very high either. Not to mention how many lives you'd possibly ruin by passing out money that recklessly.

I would get a simple nice home and car. Then I would spend a few years figuring out what to do with my life, paying my cleaning lady generously.

You would be ruined by taxes and broke before you'd get to that last part. You're starting at, as it stands now at 360M before taxes if you take the cash and YOU pay taxes on gifts over the exemption which is only $13,000 last I checked unless you go into your life time exemption which isn't very high either. Not to mention how many lives you'd possibly ruin by passing out money that recklessly.
    Relax, booster seat. Let the man dream.

Be happy.

I'm 17, I'm poor, I've never played the lottery, and I know nothing about money the chances of me winning are 0%. Ignore my post if you want to ruin peoples fun

Quote Originally Posted by Sythari View Post
    I'm 17, I'm poor, I've never played the lottery, and I know nothing about money the chances of me winning are 0%. Ignore my post if you want to ruin peoples fun
    and makre the fun pay rent right? muahahahaha @_@

1. Jump for joy
    2. Do the smart thing(Lawyer up, financial advisor, etc).
    3. Clear Debt for my and my immediate family
    4. Set up a college fund for my nieces and young cousins
    5. Get off the grid. The only people who would know where I went would be my parents and some 1 or 2 friends. That's it. I have too many people on the outskirts of the family tree or my friend zone who think they would be entitled to my money for me to announce where I am at all times.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    and makre the fun pay rent right? muahahahaha @_@
    Man, do you have a rent and muhahahahah fetish? Really creepy :C

Quote Originally Posted by Camnorick View Post
    I was expecting this sooner