Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Installing now...

SKyrim with guns, I have been told.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    I have the same graphics card and i5-2500k. ¯\(°_o)/¯ Atleast my problem has been fixed!

i got an i5-3750k. how would i check my fps in game?

---------- Post added 2012-11-30 at 06:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    Installing now...SKyrim with guns, I have been told.
    basically yes :Pif you love exploring open worlds in games you should enjoy this.its one of those games where you could probably just rush the main story very quick and complete it in a few hours, but its no fun to do that. much more fun exploring and doing side missions.

Deleted
    My FPS is quite low but I managed to bump it up almost double by barely reducing visuals, I'm releasing a vid about it tonight.

Deleted
    I'm using fraps to check it. Just run it in the background and you'll see your fps in the lower right corner. (And no, you don't have to press the record button or anything else)
    ive actually just remembered i can show it using evga precision, ill use that instead.

---------- Post added 2012-11-30 at 07:12 PM ----------

getting a steady 30fps on high settings, not amazing fps, but its high enough. you really wouldn't notice much difference it went any higher

Try turning off AA, Vsync and don't play it with the DX11 version. Massive improvements. (As I already mentioned)
    Yeah I turned off AA and got like 20 fps more. The game performs fine, but could be better.

Getting around 40-50 fps with everything on max but AA.

Deleted
    Drop the Shadows and Post FX...Runs like butter

10+ Year Old Account
    Get 20 relics and buy the 50.cal sniper you get from it. It does INSANE damage and one shots everything even bears and tigers.... also the enemies fly back if you shot them with the rifle :P
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    Get 20 relics and buy the 50.cal sniper you get from it. It does INSANE damage and one shots everything even bears and tigers.... also the enemies fly back if you shot them with the rifle :P
    nice, im using the 2nd sniper you can buy right now, with a supressor its very good at picking pirates off, but really really sucks when you come against a predator animal. one shots stuff like dears. i am trying to play as stealthy as i can, using silenced sniper and bow as often as possible, but i also carry a ak-47 for when things get iffy :P

Deleted
    Only played for an hour and spending more time running around picking herbs than actually shooting people, not what I was expecting but I hate seeing crafting stuff on a map and not going for it... Liking it so far though the FPS is a fair bit lower than what I'm used to.. will experiment more with settings and give it some proper time tomorrow.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    Only played for an hour and spending more time running around picking herbs than actually shooting people, not what I was expecting but I hate seeing crafting stuff on a map and not going for it... Liking it so far though the FPS is a fair bit lower than what I'm used to.. will experiment more with settings and give it some proper time tomorrow.
    the only leaves i pick up are green ones for healing syringes. i dont really bother with the rest

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    nice, im using the 2nd sniper you can buy right now, with a supressor its very good at picking pirates off, but really really sucks when you come against a predator animal. one shots stuff like dears. i am trying to play as stealthy as i can, using silenced sniper and bow as often as possible, but i also carry a ak-47 for when things get iffy :P
    When/how do I get the bow? I've played for like 5 hours now or something and I still don't have it.

I've mostly been doing side quests though and pretty much no story quests so might be why

10+ Year Old Account
    I use the starting Assault rifle (STG 90) you get, 2nd sniper rifle with suppressor and bigger scope, 50.cal sniper and the Bow.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

how is the multiplayer like? is it like cod with a map editor?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aluano View Post
    When/how do I get the bow? I've played for like 5 hours now or something and I still don't have it.I've mostly been doing side quests though and pretty much no story quests so might be why
    ive done no story either its from the shop in the first town, under special weapons. i got it for free from a radio tower, but its not that expensive to buy.

---------- Post added 2012-11-30 at 09:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dense View Post
    no idea, not managed to get multiplayer to work yet.

---------- Post added 2012-11-30 at 09:19 PM ----------

I use the starting Assault rifle (STG 90) you get, 2nd sniper rifle with suppressor and bigger scope, 50.cal sniper and the Bow.
    i was using the STG, but most of the pirates use the ak-47 so its easy to get ammo for it. but it has no attachments and is the only way of getting 50.cal from the relics? its not in the shop for me.

10+ Year Old Account

[/COLOR]i was using the STG, but most of the pirates use the ak-47 so its easy to get ammo for it. but it has no attachments and is the only way of getting 50.cal from the relics? its not in the shop for me.
    The STG uses the same ammo as the AK-47, its just assault rifle ammo.
    I think the 50.cal is only from relics, just buy a map for 1500 of an area and it will show all the relics and letters.

I got a new knife from getting I think 5 letters.
    The snipers cost 4800$, it fires explosive 50.cal round, that means if enemies are standing together.... they die together, it also blows up cars in 1 hit.
    -The Acts of Pilate.

ive done no story either its from the shop in the first town, under special weapons. i got it for free from a radio tower, but its not that expensive to buy.
    Ah the shop, thanks

Deleted
    The STG uses the same ammo as the AK-47, its just assault rifle ammo.
    I think the 50.cal is only from relics, just buy a map for 1500 of an area and it will show all the relics and letters.

I got a new knife from getting I think 5 letters.
    The snipers cost 4800$, it fires explosive 50.cal round, that means if enemies are standing together.... they die together, it also blows up cars in 1 hit.
    ah i didn't know it all used same ammo :P i rarely use my ak-47 anyway, mostly just to kill some animals. the flame thrower is very fun. though i usually cause more damage than necessary :P torch the entire settlement to ground!
    does any thing bad happen if you kill too many civilians? when im taking towns i always put a landmine along the road going to the town because of a previous bad experience when the pirates sounded the alarm and about 20 more pirates turned up. but sometimes i take the town without the alarm going off, and before i can go and remove the mine some friendly guys drive over it

---------- Post added 2012-11-30 at 09:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dense View Post

i just done a map on multiplayer, if you're buying it for the multiplayer, its not worth it at all. ive yet to test custom maps, never finds anyone in that playlist. im hoping it will be like far cry insticts, me and my friends use to play quite a lot of player created racing maps and stuff on there.

Another nooby question: How do I unlock more weapon slots? Annoying to only have 1 :/

Quote Originally Posted by Aluano View Post
    Another nooby question: How do I unlock more weapon slots? Annoying to only have 1 :/
    Skin animals and craft weapon slot.I am on first mission and maxxed crafting now and explored half the map.10 hours into the game.And oh god damn bear.I was killing 5 pirates 1 bar hp left.Bear sneak up from behind and 1 shot me.I was getting 10 fps on ultra.Turned off all dat aa crap and leaving rest on ultra and now getting 50 fps on gtx590.Remember to download nvidia beta drivers.New one for far cry 3 came out 2 days ago.
    Last edited by Stormgnoef; 2012-11-30 at 10:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only issue ive had with the game is saving played a few hrs saved game quit the game too desktop, came back later on to find no saved games at all i had start all over again.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!