Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It would be GOTY for me aswell if the game performance wasn't so bad. I can't even have maxed out settings with 60 fps on a 7970 and i5 2500k :/

Might be AMD drivers or that the game is just bad optimized.

Deleted
    I'm slightly dissapointed myself. I really don't like the new engine.. i liked the Far Cry 2 engine much more this one feels a bit too much like a cartoon.

I just downloaded it and currently updating.

Not a fan of the install process, seemed kinda...antiquated. Having to download the zip files, extracting it and then running setup is sooooo early 2000's.

I really don't understand why they couldn't stick with Steam.

Deleted
    I'm thinking about buying it today, haven't decided. I would have bought it if it was on steam, but the Ubisoft withdrawal from Steam UK is really frustrating. I downloaded AC3 from GMG and they're a great company for buying, but the download speed capped at 400kb/sec as opposed to me usually getting 20MB/sec with steam, and then I had to complete about 4 more steps to actually install and run the game + actually adding it to steam as a non steam game so I can get the overlay. First world problems I know, but it's a pain in the bum that they've withdrawn the games from steam in the UK only. So yeah, mini rant over...

I'm seriously thinking about buying it today... going to watch a few reviews and stuff after work to make up my mind

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    I'm thinking about buying it today, haven't decided. I would have bought it if it was on steam, but the Ubisoft withdrawal from Steam UK is really frustrating. I downloaded AC3 from GMG and they're a great company for buying, but the download speed capped at 400kb/sec as opposed to me usually getting 20MB/sec with steam, and then I had to complete about 4 more steps to actually install and run the game + actually adding it to steam as a non steam game so I can get the overlay. First world problems I know, but it's a pain in the bum that they've withdrawn the games from steam in the UK only. So yeah, mini rant over...

I'm seriously thinking about buying it today... going to watch a few reviews and stuff after work to make up my mind

yeah i bought it from GMG, the download took about 3 hours, i didn't know it was capped at 400kb/s, i thought my connection was just bad :P and then another hour to install it, then had to do a 2.7gb update which took around 1hour for some reason, god knows what my download speed was on that. really wish ubisoft and steam would make friends so i can stick to just one client.

---------- Post added 2012-11-30 at 11:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aluano View Post
    It would be GOTY for me aswell if the game performance wasn't so bad. I can't even have maxed out settings with 60 fps on a 7970 and i5 2500k :/

Might be AMD drivers or that the game is just bad optimized.

maybe bad drivers, ive have really good performance so far, not sure what FPS, but its not been choppy or laggy at all yet. but i am not using maxed out settings and the game still looks beautiful.

---------- Post added 2012-11-30 at 11:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Schmittay View Post
    I just downloaded it and currently updating.

Not a fan of the install process, seemed kinda...antiquated. Having to download the zip files, extracting it and then running setup is sooooo early 2000's.

I really don't understand why they couldn't stick with Steam.

you can get it from steam....as long as you don't live in the UK.

i think some people on the forums were gettings friends from other countires to buy it for them and send as gift via steam, i think it worked that way.

---------- Post added 2012-11-30 at 11:35 AM ----------

anyone else getting this problem at the moment, its saying it cannot connect to far cry 3 servers, which means i can still play, but my inventory doesn't work, neither do skills or the crafting tab... :\ do they require the game be connected to the Internet to function?

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    yeah i bought it from GMG, the download took about 3 hours, i didn't know it was capped at 400kb/s, i thought my connection was just bad :P and then another hour to install it, then had to do a 2.7gb update which took around 1hour for some reason, god knows what my download speed was on that. really wish ubisoft and steam would make friends so i can stick to just one client.

---------- Post added 2012-11-30 at 11:29 AM ----------

maybe bad drivers, ive have really good performance so far, not sure what FPS, but its not been choppy or laggy at all yet. but i am not using maxed out settings and the game still looks beautiful.

---------- Post added 2012-11-30 at 11:30 AM ----------

you can get it from steam....as long as you don't live in the UK.

i think some people on the forums were gettings friends from other countires to buy it for them and send as gift via steam, i think it worked that way.

---------- Post added 2012-11-30 at 11:35 AM ----------

anyone else getting this problem at the moment, its saying it cannot connect to far cry 3 servers, which means i can still play, but my inventory doesn't work, neither do skills or the crafting tab... :\ do they require the game be connected to the Internet to function?
    Yeh same, launch Uplay in offline mode.

Deleted
    how do you stop the game going into windowed mode every time you minimize it and re open it?

Deleted
    Man, I'm thinking about this but Far Cry 2 was at the very best a 3/10 for me, is it radically different or do I steer clear?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Highangel View Post
    you can buy it from steam, unless you're in the UK. uts cheaper on GMG anyway, was £24 on there yesterday.and where can i find the map editor?edit: nvm i found it, if you right click the shortcut on desktop theres an option for map editor

Deleted
    This game is EPIC.

Has went straight into my top 3 games of all time and probably best game this gen by far.

Ive spent over 10 hours in the game so far just exploring and freeing areas and not even touched the story yet outside the 1st 3 missions. I might even try to turn the whole map friendly before trying the main story just to see if it makes anything different/weird.

On an old HD 5850 and 4GB ram the game looks/runs great even only set to just "high" vs "v-high/ultra" settings. I feel v-high/ultra settings ruin the looks a bit by adding blur and haze everywhre and ruins long range crisp views of the good looking landscapes. Kinda same in Skyrim where blur just adds a load of lag while just making any long views into blurry mess.

If getting a game for xmas this should be it.

So, if someone has played the 2 previous Far Cry's, I have a question.
    Wasn't this the series that randomly had aliens hunting you, after being stranded on an island?

I'm just wondering because this third one has no mention of aliens/monsters, and it made me wonder whether the games are stand alones and not an actual series?

Thanks to Elyaan for the great sig!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwibami View Post
    So, if someone has played the 2 previous Far Cry's, I have a question.
    Wasn't this the series that randomly had aliens hunting you, after being stranded on an island?

I'm just wondering because this third one has no mention of aliens/monsters, and it made me wonder whether the games are stand alones and not an actual series?

FC1 was a last gen linear shooter with aliens and space age stuff while FC 2 and 3 are completely unrelated. FC2 and 3 are more based in RL grim reality and are both huge open world sandboxes, no levels or aliens or etc etc.

Deleted
    oh dear, just bought a sniper and sound suppressor, just took out an entire camp without being spotted from high in the rocks.and then in a radio tower i shot at the driver of a jeep, the driver died and the jeep swerved into a rock, flipped over and killed both passengers. this game is amazing!and my camera has dissapeared, pressing V no longer brings up my camera, can someone tell me why?

---------- Post added 2012-11-30 at 03:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Uwibami View Post
    So, if someone has played the 2 previous Far Cry's, I have a question.Wasn't this the series that randomly had aliens hunting you, after being stranded on an island?I'm just wondering because this third one has no mention of aliens/monsters, and it made me wonder whether the games are stand alones and not an actual series?
    as far as i know the far cry games are stand alone, they do not continue from the previous, just use the same name. i have so far seen no aliens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    oh dear, just bought a sniper and sound suppressor, just took out an entire camp without being spotted from high in the rocks.and then in a radio tower i shot at the driver of a jeep, the driver died and the jeep swerved into a rock, flipped over and killed both passengers. this game is amazing!and my camera has dissapeared, pressing V no longer brings up my camera, can someone tell me why?

---------- Post added 2012-11-30 at 03:21 PM ----------

as far as i know the far cry games are stand alone, they do not continue from the previous, just use the same name. i have so far seen no aliens.
    You might have unbound it when you got a new item, you can have 4 special items, you can find the camera and bind it again.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    You might have unbound it when you got a new item, you can have 4 special items, you can find the camera and bind it again.
    Camera is default Z. Why and how bind it? No reason.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    how? ive looked in my loot rucksack and theres no camera in there, where would i find it and how do i bind it. i liked using my camera to mark enemys

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OmniSkribe View Post
    Camera is default Z. Why and how bind it? No reason.
    What I mean by bind is, when you get a new item just like a weapon you can put it in 4 slots, the default slots are Z (Camera) T(Rock) 7 and 8... if you put something in Z than the camera will be gone from Z and you will need to put it back into the Z slot.
    Last edited by Torched; 2012-11-30 at 04:27 PM.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Deleted
    fucking tigers! was stalking two bandits and i kept hearing this weird noise, i was about to shoot the two guys with my silenced sniper when suddenly a tiger pounced on me, gave away my position and got me killed. fucking tigers.

---------- Post added 2012-11-30 at 05:01 PM ----------

lol, has anyone read the descriptions of things on the survival guide? some of them are really funny. just spent a good 15mins flicking through and reading about plants and animals. who ever wrote the survival guide really hates their ex-wife.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    I'm enjoying this game a lot but holy shit it runs like ass with DX11. Constant 30 fps with every setting on low on DX11 compared to constant 60 fps on DX9 with everything on high/very high and no AA (There's seriously less jagged edges without AA).But yeah the game is really gorgeous and fun to play.Try turning off AA, Vsync and don't play it with the DX11 version. Massive improvements. (As I already mentioned)
    i havnt checked my fps, but ive had no gameplay problems on dx11, running witha 560 ti on high settings its going fine.