Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wookeh View Post
    Not a huge fan of the ending myself.
    There are 2 endings btw.

A "good" ending.
    And a "Bad" ending that ends with a good "view" if you know what I mean.

What ending did you go by?
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    There are 2 endings btw.

A "good" ending.
    And a "Bad" ending that ends with a good "view" if you know what I mean.

What ending did you go by?
    I picked the good one, but it felt incomplete for some reason. How did they get off the island ? Did Jason stay with his girlfriend ? Did they get children (as "suggested" by citra), did the black guy with the glasses get killed because of what he did ? questions questions. Even the Far Cry 2 ending was better.

Deleted
    Got a review out for it, just in time for the US release, for those interested. All in all a good singleplayer experience that is definitely worth picking up but it certainly has its flaws.

I like the visuals of this game and the gameplay isn't half bad either but I am finding this thing very buggy. Hell, I can't even complete kill missions because it fails when I kill them with a knife...even though that's the requirement, doesn't matter if I do it stealthy or run up and sink it into the chest.

Deleted
    A lot of people are having FPS issues, here is a guide on how you can fix that.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical92 View Post
    You can also directly shoot them, takes 2-3 sniper shots but they completely ignore being hit so its not hard to follow up.

Just make sure you clear out all the sharks before going for the skins.
    Or do what i do...grab a gun boat, drive it out to sea climb in the gun turret and gun down all the sharks them dive in and skin em...fun lol

Got the game last night for PS3, and immediatly got all the gunholster upgrades (can carry 4 weapons) I really hope that the next crafting recipes will take a lot more challenge because this was just.. lol..

2x Goat
    2x Deer
    2x Shark

Done >_<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    Got the game last night for PS3, and immediatly got all the gunholster upgrades (can carry 4 weapons) I really hope that the next crafting recipes will take a lot more challenge because this was just.. lol..

2x Goat
    2x Deer
    2x Shark

Done >_<
    Sadly they don't. Just "rare animal" missions you get off boards.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wookeh View Post
    Sadly they don't. Just "rare animal" missions you get off boards.
    The buffalo one was quite hilarious.
    Okay, so this superrare and powerful buffalo...gets 2-shot by my shotgun, okay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    I held my testicles while skinning the rare shark though, while skinning about 4 of them where still around... somewhere.... near....

Deleted
    im still no where in this game on the story, just been exploring and killing pirates. and driving on this game is really fun.

but one thing that did annoy me a few days ago, you cannot set C4 onto vehicles, i had a master plan all set up, but when you throw C4 at a vehicle it just hit its and rolles off and does a lot of damage to the car

---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 05:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    I like the visuals of this game and the gameplay isn't half bad either but I am finding this thing very buggy. Hell, I can't even complete kill missions because it fails when I kill them with a knife...even though that's the requirement, doesn't matter if I do it stealthy or run up and sink it into the chest.

ive not had that bug, but a simmilar thing happened to me. i was on one of the missions to kill someone with a knife, but as i get there i hear a tiger roaring, then it came up saying i had failed. i guess the tiger killed him before i even got there :P

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    im still no where in this game on the story, just been exploring and killing pirates. and driving on this game is really fun.

but one thing that did annoy me a few days ago, you cannot set C4 onto vehicles, i had a master plan all set up, but when you throw C4 at a vehicle it just hit its and rolles off and does a lot of damage to the car
    I find it funny that arrows don't stick in anything aside from animals and people. If you shoot it at trees or even the ground they just bounce off.

And I left a landmine outside of a base to blow up an enemy vehicle just for kicks and as I sneak into the base I heard the explosion and the pirates in the base ignore the explosion and charge right at me hiding in the bushes lol. That was one occurrence though, other times they do run at the explosion. Funny setting up mines around the mine on the road so people running to it blow up too.

Deleted
    I find it funny that arrows don't stick in anything aside from animals and people. If you shoot it at trees or even the ground they just bounce off.

And I left a landmine outside of a base to blow up an enemy vehicle just for kicks and as I sneak into the base I heard the explosion and the pirates in the base ignore the explosion and charge right at me hiding in the bushes lol. That was one occurrence though, other times they do run at the explosion. Funny setting up mines around the mine on the road so people running to it blow up too.

i do the same when assaulting bases, its really annoying when the guards run right too you.

i found a really effective way of assaulting a camp earlier, find a jeep with a mounted gun on the back, drive right into middle of the camp and jump on the gun.

took it over in like 10seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i do the same when assaulting bases, its really annoying when the guards run right too you.

i found a really effective way of assaulting a camp earlier, find a jeep with a mounted gun on the back, drive right into middle of the camp and jump on the gun.

took it over in like 10seconds.
    Haha nice, although if the camp has a beast cage it can be over just as quick if u free it. I like being sneaky though, especially doing take downs and killing multiple people with a single take down.

I fought my first heavy armored guy...took 4 arrows I think, not very heavy. At least it wasn't 1.

Deleted
    Haha nice, although if the camp has a beast cage it can be over just as quick if u free it. I like being sneaky though, especially doing take downs and killing multiple people with a single take down.

I fought my first heavy armored guy...took 4 arrows I think, not very heavy. At least it wasn't 1.

the armored guys are annoying, i use to try and do the camps sneaky with a silenced sniper, but those armored guys ruin that plan. and the beast cage thing sometimes works, but a lot of the time if the cage is too close to the exit, it just runs out of the camp. happened to me twice now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    The buffalo one owned me twice, I was dumb enough to shoot it while the pack was around, and they kinda had me for lunch. The rest are pretty easy though, was a fun way to get the upgrades though, enjoyed the change from just buying upgrades with money.

I hate camps like these: http://imgur.com/5vMqA

3 snipers, hard to not get spotted when you try to sneak in and turn off the alarm :/

Shoot the alarm with a silenced weapon. It's incredibly easy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valth View Post
    Shoot the alarm with a silenced weapon. It's incredibly easy.

some camps have more than 1 alarm though which can be annoying. sometimes its hard to tank out the 2nd alarm from a distance.

What difficulty do you all play on? I've reached the second island, but I'm wondering if it's bad compared to the first.