Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Well, I'm not too happy about the Citra ending. SUPER DUPER SPOILEROk...so you fuck her(worth it) and she now carries your child. Oh but wait, she then kills you for whatever reason. Blah blah blah your child will rule Rakyat and then you get washed up on some shore and the credits role. Ok...but how can I continue exploring the island when I'm dead.

It's understandable, but it makes no sense what so ever. If your going to allow us to explore the island after an ending, then don't kill the character in the damn ending.

Deleted
    Quite possibly the best mission in Far Cry 3? Burn all the weed! He even hallucinates a bit and there is awesome music playing!!

Deleted
    The implementation of user created maps is a joke. You cant actually play them ingame or in co-op! you have to play them from inside the editor, and cant easily share them with other people. I bought the game so I could create challenge maps and interesting things to share with people (and play other peoples of course). I am so unbelievably disappointed that I am actually limited to making standard multiplayer maps. Having had some experience with the ingame menus and multiplayer lobby, and trying to test a map actually in the game I have come to the conclusion that it was designed by idiots. I was looking forward to a game with much replay value and community creativity, and what I found was a buggy multiplayer, with a terrible system for playing custom maps. I suppose the single player looks good, but I didnt buy it for that

To add insult to injury the editor crashes every 15 minutes or so, meaning you lose your hard work if you dont save constantly. I understand this isnt a problem for everyone, but seems to be fairly widespread.

What a wasted opportunity.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Well, I'm not too happy about the Citra ending. SUPER DUPER SPOILEROk...so you fuck her(worth it) and she now carries your child. Oh but wait, she then kills you for whatever reason. Blah blah blah your child will rule Rakyat and then you get washed up on some shore and the credits role. Ok...but how can I continue exploring the island when I'm dead.

It's understandable, but it makes no sense what so ever. If your going to allow us to explore the island after an ending, then don't kill the character in the damn ending.

Basically it just lets you play as a "Survivor" after that ending, even though it's still Jason, weird. I didn't have the heart to choose that one.

Deleted
    Anyone else having troubles with heavies in camps? I managed to find out the easiest way to take them down.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by harkonen View Post
    The implementation of user created maps is a joke. You cant actually play them ingame or in co-op! you have to play them from inside the editor, and cant easily share them with other people. I bought the game so I could create challenge maps and interesting things to share with people (and play other peoples of course). I am so unbelievably disappointed that I am actually limited to making standard multiplayer maps. Having had some experience with the ingame menus and multiplayer lobby, and trying to test a map actually in the game I have come to the conclusion that it was designed by idiots. I was looking forward to a game with much replay value and community creativity, and what I found was a buggy multiplayer, with a terrible system for playing custom maps. I suppose the single player looks good, but I didnt buy it for that

To add insult to injury the editor crashes every 15 minutes or so, meaning you lose your hard work if you dont save constantly. I understand this isnt a problem for everyone, but seems to be fairly widespread.

What a wasted opportunity.
    i agree mostly. one of the things i was most excited for was map creator, i had a lot of fun playing custom maps on far cry instincts with my friends. but on here you are limited to making maps only for the multiplayer gametypes, on the old one i had a lot of fun playing racing maps and assault courses people had made in the map editor and racing my friends round them. i hope to see them add more functionality for player created maps. shouldn't have to be just the MP game modes, pointless maps like the ones i just mentioned are what made me really like far cry in the first place.
    i am still enjoying this game, i was just really dissapointed in the limited functions of player created maps. cool if they would allow you to make scenario like things to share, as you can add in NPCs in the map maker, but at the moment they are rather pointless unless you're just messing around.

---------- Post added 2012-12-11 at 08:00 PM ----------

repair tool is my favorite thing! ive ditched my flame thrower for repair tool, it repairs vehicles but you can also start fires with it.

---------- Post added 2012-12-11 at 08:06 PM ----------

will this game support modding by the way? like skyrim?

10+ Year Old Account
    So... Opinions on the PC version? Must buy or wait till sale?
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Angryejoeshow (youtube) did a fun review off the game now. Worth checking it out He gave it 9 out of 10.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    This is the bonus mission that you unlock through Uplay

Bought this game yesterday, amazing so far. Greatly reminded me of the first Crysis, which I loved. Currently taking my time doing objectives on the island, stilll need to find out where the animals are to upgrade my first bagpack.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    So... Opinions on the PC version? Must buy or wait till sale?

really really good single player if you enjoy open world and exploring. its lacking in the multiplayer if you ask me, so if you're buying for that i would say hold off. because there is a lot of potential for the multiplayer, but they havn't quite nailed it yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got this yesterday, spent like 8 hours on it :/ It's fucking awesome, i've done like 3 main missions, the rest of the time i've just been running around capturing sites/radio towers. Also got all my items upgraded except for the final rare parts. Also still need a few leapard skins.

Going for the whole stealthy approach, sniper from afar, get in close when the main people are dead!

Also, Vaas - maybe my favorite character i've ever seen in a game, amazing actor/character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    Angryejoeshow (youtube) did a fun review off the game now. Worth checking it out He gave it 9 out of 10.
    I like Angryjoe but he tends to be, in my opinion, more forgiving of a game's faults than I am.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    really really good single player if you enjoy open world and exploring. its lacking in the multiplayer if you ask me, so if you're buying for that i would say hold off. because there is a lot of potential for the multiplayer, but they havn't quite nailed it yet.
    I'm looking for singleplayer mostly. In a bit of a gaming drought right now. Nothing really appealing to me. Picked it up last night and let it load. I'll try it after the party tonight.

10+ Year Old Account

The ammount of times this has happened, you'd think i'd learn :/

Deleted
    I like Angryjoe but he tends to be, in my opinion, more forgiving of a game's faults than I am.

I'm looking for singleplayer mostly. In a bit of a gaming drought right now. Nothing really appealing to me. Picked it up last night and let it load. I'll try it after the party tonight.

single player is awesome, if you are unsure just watch some youtube videos. if you just like to rush through games and complete the story as quick as possible you porbably wont enjoy it. if you love exploring and taking your time, doing side quests and stuff, you should like it. ive got like 30hours played, and ive only done about 5missions :< ive been taking over camps and upgrading all my stuff

---------- Post added 2012-12-14 at 05:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post

The ammount of times this has happened, you'd think i'd learn :/

haha, happens to me too damn often. hate it when im sniping people at a camp from a distance, then all of sudden im knocked down, then i see this massive tigers face chomping at me. but crocodiles are the worst, they dont make a sound and wait for you to walk on top of them.

also, anyone else feel bad killing dogs? that little wimper they make when they die

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, some of the other things too like pigs/tapirs

single player is awesome, if you are unsure just watch some youtube videos. if you just like to rush through games and complete the story as quick as possible you porbably wont enjoy it. if you love exploring and taking your time, doing side quests and stuff, you should like it. ive got like 30hours played, and ive only done about 5missions :< ive been taking over camps and upgrading all my stuff

haha, happens to me too damn often. hate it when im sniping people at a camp from a distance, then all of sudden im knocked down, then i see this massive tigers face chomping at me. but crocodiles are the worst, they dont make a sound and wait for you to walk on top of them.

also, anyone else feel bad killing dogs? that little wimper they make when they die
    I've had some similar experiences. The first time I was about to start sniping people at an outpost I wanted to liberate, and just as I was about to pull the trigger on one guys, I heard a large growl behind me and as I turned, a Leopard jumped on me and mauled me. Not reacting fast enough, it killed me. The hunter was hunted and killed.
    You were good, kid, real good. But as long as I'm around, you'll always be second best, see?
    ______________________________________________________________________________
    Oh, and no comment from Xe'ra about how the assault on the black temple was being led in part by the naaru. So was hatred corrupting A'dal's mind too, you pretentious windchime?
    - Volpethrope

10+ Year Old Account
    I like what I've seen so far. I like how the pirates can hear your gunfire and come looking. Had a couple of hunts turn into messy fights because pirates came running. Still early for me so I have not run into big game yet but those dogs and dragons are freaking annoying. Now so far I am definitely not a fan of the quicktime events, checkpoint saves, nor the apparent lack of a third person view option. I like to be able to see my character. I could also see it getting repetitive. Still, having a lot of fun doing the side quests, hunting, crafting, etc... Have not even left the first area yet.

Oh, its also a gorgeous game and runs quite well on my ageing PC.

Deleted
    Have you guys seen this hilarious easter egg yet?

Deleted
    I like what I've seen so far. I like how the pirates can hear your gunfire and come looking. Had a couple of hunts turn into messy fights because pirates came running. Still early for me so I have not run into big game yet but those dogs and dragons are freaking annoying. Now so far I am definitely not a fan of the quicktime events, checkpoint saves, nor the apparent lack of a third person view option. I like to be able to see my character. I could also see it getting repetitive. Still, having a lot of fun doing the side quests, hunting, crafting, etc... Have not even left the first area yet.

about the pirates seeing you, sometimes they really piss me off. the amount of times they have found a dead body, and then instantly come running towards my position.