Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    You forgot to say your stupid 'Fuck yeah'

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceveda View Post
    You forgot to say your stupid 'Fuck yeah'
    Oh yeah, "fuck" shows up a lot in this game? If you have kids its definitely a game to only use headphones with. Have the same issue with Hitman: Absolution. Yeah people cuss. I cuss. Just don't like it when the writers use it so liberally.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Oh yeah, "fuck" shows up a lot in this game? If you have kids its definitely a game to only use headphones with. Have the same issue with Hitman: Absolution. Yeah people cuss. I cuss. Just don't like it when the writers use it so liberally.

a lot of references to STDs as well. "that bitch gave me crabs" "it hurts when i pee, should have used a rubber" stuff like that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just finished the game Wish Vaas didn't die so early on, he was by far the best character. Also starting from when you get to the second island it kinda got annoying for me cause of the heavys, couldn't stick to my whole sniping them off one by one with a silencer etc

Deleted
    Ordered the game today, but now I'm wondering if my computer is able to handle it.

What settings I should use and such would be nice.

It's in Finnish, but here's my dxdiag.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh man, this game was an absolute bitch to get running. Had the issues where I was getting like 5-10 fps on the title screen, then the game would crash randomly and I think I managed to bug the very first sequence. The audio and game got out of sync, so the guards were already patrolling before I could stealth past them. Very weird issue.

But I changed to direct x 9, and that really seemed to fix all the issues. So far i've been having a blast with the game, but it was a pain to get running. Wish it was optimized a bit better, but oh well works now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else find themselves rooting for Vaas? He's the only character in the game I actually like. I just can't bring myself to have any sympathy for "spoiled American college students get introduction to real world." Story-wise I think this may be the worst Far Cry yet. Really hope we get an xpac or something that does not expand on this story. Just have the protagonist be a merc that gets screwed over or something.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, Vaas is an amazing character. I found the story really good uptil vaas dies then i started to lose interest from then on.

I was severly disappointed how indestructible FC3 is compared to FC2. In 2 grass and trees used to actually get burned down, I could destroy quite a few of different plant types, and shoot branches off the trees, here grass still burns, but unrealistic, can only shoot (can't even chomp with cleaver) leaves off only one kind of plant, most plants don't even react to you touching them and those that do bend in a kinda weird way. And I'm talking only about PC version here with all possible settings put on max! Looks really as a downgrade compared to second game, which used to amaze me with it's realism. Just bought xbox recently out of boredom, and in first level of Halo-3 I was amazed at how realistic all plants reacted to me and other characters. Even water in Halo-3 looks much better than in FC3, and it only has like 1 level of it, compared to a gigantic world of FC3...
    Last edited by VincentWolf; 2012-12-17 at 11:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if you guys have seen this before.

Real life Vaas! torturing the actor from Kick-Ass.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

So, finished it.

Crafting? Was there any besides lootbag and gun holsters? not needed at all. did it for the fun, but a collosal waste of time.
    Outposts? Either they have supersenses and immediatly know where you are. Or you can walk straight towards the alarm without them noticing.
    Radiotowers? The difficult platforming people were moaning about, where?

8/10 because of vaas and the gunplay. But it really needs to be longer.

Deleted
    Vaas is one of those characters that comes along every few years in games/films, and just does such an astounding performance that you never forget him, when I think farcry 3, I think Vaas. He pretty much steals the entire show story wise.

Still loving the game. I'm already addicted to it, but I barely have the time to play it trough. Taking my time capturing bases/radio towers, crafting stuff, discovering relics/letters and stuff. I'm hardly progressing the main storyline

10+ Year Old Account
    My main gripe with this game is I hate the characters I am trying to save, I would rather watch them die... They are the type of people I hate lol

I'm finding the game rather repetitive as well, so I have grown bored of it for the mean time, I will complete it at one point because it is still a great game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    My main gripe with this game is I hate the characters I am trying to save, I would rather watch them die... They are the type of people I hate lol

I'm finding the game rather repetitive as well, so I have grown bored of it for the mean time, I will complete it at one point because it is still a great game.
    Then you're going to love the end of this game. lol.

Great game, wish i had the time to play and explore a bit more.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm really enjoying the game. I love that I can kill sharks by running them over with a jet ski.

Deleted
    I've noticed the outposts are becoming alot harder to liberate without being detected now that I am on the second island, my previous tactic of bow spam is becoming obsolete with all the heavys roaming around, getting up close and personal to take them out can be a pain.

Just did a quest where I had to kill 12 dogs with a RPG.

Best. Quest. Ever.

Deleted
    my game seems to be fucked... installed it today but it wont go passed the part after you press play game !!!! it just goes black screen and does fuck all..

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    I've noticed the outposts are becoming alot harder to liberate without being detected now that I am on the second island, my previous tactic of bow spam is becoming obsolete with all the heavys roaming around, getting up close and personal to take them out can be a pain.
    wait until you get the .50 cal rifle...